IGNORED

Is it time to admit.....

BasSavage88

Just now, Fordy62 said:

Well, he threw all his resources at the wrong man… but I feel like we’ve been here before. 

Yeh agreed that Ashton was an absolute ***** but lansdowns just as much to blame for his incompetence.

how a man that can rise a multi million pound business from the ground can fail so badly at a football club is very confusing 

• Like 1

We've played 7 games and have got 9 points, with a neutral goal difference. Tonight was another game we would have 100% lost last season. Yes we rode our luck at times, but the results and the performances are much better than last season. I know we're only 7 games in, but most fans would have taken 12th at the start of the season, considering the capitulation at the end of last season. Let's just see where we are nearer Christmas before we start even considering that Nige isn't the man for the job.

• Like 12

This knee jerk reaction is getting more boring than the football. The fact is the majority felt this would be a season of transition and the general feeling was we would be happy to stay up without getting dragged down in to a relegation fight. Look at the table. We are exactly half way. Four points from the playoffs and four from the drop zone. FFS some of you need to grow up and try and get some perspective.

Edited by HappyClapper
Syntax
  • Like 8
  • Flames 6

1 minute ago, tin said:

Excellent post. Yes, that was probably the worst performance so far this season. But the sad fact is we are 18 months or so behind being a settled outfit like Luton, so why people think we have a divine right to win these games - especially in a transitional season - I don’t know.

As galling as Bentley’s clanger was, that was a good point tonight. 

It is going to be a transition to league one if we don’t start winning home games. We have 2 goals and 3 points from 4 home games. All against current bottom half sides. No one has a devine right to win championship games but you do need to win some. We can’t rely on away form to keep us up

1 minute ago, LondonBristolian said:

What happened to all the conversations on these boards in pre-season about the fact the best we could realistically hope for this season was painfully slow progress? Why does everyone tip us to struggle and then shit the bed when we draw at home to a resilient side? 

It's not the result, it's the dire performance that irks many of us. 

We need to start seeing more good performances than bad rather than the other way around - surely that's not to much to ask for

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Top Robin said:

It's not the result, it's the dire performance that irks many of us. 

We need to start seeing more good performances than bad rather than the other way around - surely that's not to much to ask for

Did people tip us to finish 16th or below this season playing like Pep-era Barcelona?

We were pretty awful tonight. We’ve not been awful most games this season. I get people being pissed off with tonight - I am too. It’s the knee jerk reactions that I find ridiculous.

Edited by LondonBristolian
  • Like 2

Just now, RedHienz said:

12 months ago we would of lost that, striker short of a decent side and will be safe come August.

So many fantasists thinking this is football manager. Chill.

How long do we keep saying better than last year? We’d have lost that last year. Better than last year. Last year is not a marker you want to use for progress. 

I think the question about NP arises because for all the good he has done, he has what? 3-4 wins as city manager. It isn’t the recruitment that is the problem. It is the is he utilising the tools he has as well as he could? 

6 minutes ago, BasSavage88 said:

This seems to be the cop out everytime. How long until it's just that Pearson is a bit shit 

I presume you have studied his record as a manager and after careful consideration concluded he is a bit shit. Excuse me if I think that you are completely wrong. And I wonder what you expect to happen with the squad he inherited, the lack of money to rebuild the team and the time he has been here. 

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

11 minutes ago, bs3 said:

It’s time to admit the players are shit and until there is major investment in the team it’s not going to get better.

It's time to realise that a major investment in new players would be suicidal given FFP and the current financial climate.

Plus the High performance centre probably cost a few bob...?

Edited by Just8
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

What happened to all the conversations on these boards in pre-season about the fact the best we could realistically hope for this season was painfully slow progress? Why does everyone tip us to struggle and then shit the bed when we draw at home to a resilient side? 

Couldn’t agree more.

Not happy with what occurred but this season will be one of ups (Cardiff, Reading) and downs (tonight, Blackpool) that if we’re going in the right direction will teach the team lessons and improve us long term.

But we’re still stuck with a suboptimal squad and are in the middle of a culture change. It’s turning an ocean liner not spinning on our heels; will take time, unfortunately.

Edited by samo II
  • Like 4

17 minutes ago, Top Robin said:

It is painfully slow progress under Pearson...seem to take one step forward and then two steps back. 

What happened to the performance v Cardiff.

Weimann had one of his amazing games up front. Now he's shunted back out to the right wing - again - for Wells, who hardly gets a touch - again.

19 minutes ago, BasSavage88 said:

Pearson just isn't the man for this. It's easy to blame Ashton etc but this team, the way we play and the mentality is ******* dire and doesn't seem to be improving.

I wouldn't be too upset to see him gone anytime soon 

Yes you are right. Its time.

With two defeats in 7 this year, after the start of a rebuild we have not seen the likes of since the great man Terry Cooper led us out of the darkness, it is clearly time.

How we are not 100% at this stage, and smashing teams 3-0 every week is a disgrace.

In fact I will be glued to this forum all night without any sleep expecting Nigel Pearson to do the decent thing and resign. In fact he should never manage a football club again after dropping points this season with the abundance of riches and strong core club mentality he inherited.

Give me strength.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

22 minutes ago, BasSavage88 said:

Pearson just isn't the man for this. It's easy to blame Ashton etc but this team, the way we play and the mentality is ******* dire and doesn't seem to be improving.

I wouldn't be too upset to see him gone anytime soon 

Absolutely ******* embarrassing. How on earth can you say you wouldn't be upset about one of the best managers we've had, be gone? Yet previous managers with far worse CV's have been given crazy amount of time to turn things around. 

We're finally playing decent football. I like the direction we're heading. The progress our youngsters are making is absolutely fantastic to watch. 

We were unlucky tonight in my view, both teams had chances to get more goals than they did. To question the manager is embarrassing, and so typical of some of our fans. Rome wasn't built in a day. 

• Like 3