IGNORED

Is it time to admit.....

BasSavage88

17 minutes ago, BasSavage88 said:

Pearson just isn't the man for this. It's easy to blame Ashton etc but this team, the way we play and the mentality is ******* dire and doesn't seem to be improving.

I wouldn't be too upset to see him gone anytime soon 

Extraordinary . Just who do you think wants to get involved with the total mess that is our club ? You think it is a 5 min fix  ? Our problems run deep. The continued ignorance of some fans is mind blowing. Pearson may or may not be the ultimate solution but there are few maybe no one of note that would have taken on our shambles. Who do you want Holloway ? Pearson gets 1.5m and some free transfers and gets 8 months in your view yet LJ spent 50 m plus wages and got 5 years .  This year is transition, and to avoid relegation. 

• Like 4
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, samo II said:

Couldn’t agree more.

Not happy with what occurred but this season will be one of ups (Cardiff, Reading) and downs (tonight, Blackpool) that if we’re going in the right direction will teach the team lessons and improve us long term.

But we’re still stuck with a suboptimal squad and are in the middle of a culture change. It’s turning an ocean liner not spinning on our heels; will take time, unfortunately.

Exactly, patience is required but a tiny minority haven’t got the bollocks for it.

• Like 7

21 minutes ago, BasSavage88 said:

****** it up. **** you guys ?

We are ******* dire and Pearson isn't doing anything to make that any better 

If i were you Bas...I 'd    go and have a quiet lie down in a dark room.  We are a work in progress, its not gonna be a miraculous transformation overnight, it will get better given time.  Meanwhile go and get your blood pressure checked? 

Edited by maxjak

27 minutes ago, BasSavage88 said:

Pearson just isn't the man for this. It's easy to blame Ashton etc but this team, the way we play and the mentality is ******* dire and doesn't seem to be improving.

Give it a rest and go to bed you absolute tool.

• Like 3
  • Flames 2

2 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Exactly, patience is required but a tiny minority haven’t got the bollocks for it.

You put it blunter than me, but you’re right.

While some of the criticism is warranted, unfortunately most is the whining of people who seem to either have no clue what is having to be done to sort us out, or just seem to weirdly think we are entitled to win every game.

It’s getting incredibly boring people flying off the handle all the time.

• Flames 1

1 minute ago, samo II said:

You put it blunter than me, but you’re right.

While some of the criticism is warranted, unfortunately most is the whining of people who seem to either have no clue what is having to be done to sort us out, or just seem to weirdly think we are entitled to win every game.

It’s getting incredibly boring people flying off the handle all the time.

The funniest thing with these complete and utter bores is what they wish for ain’t happening. Do these idiots genuinely think our Steve will pay upwards of £0.5m compo to Nige and pay for the next Manager when it is patently clear the club doesn’t have a pot to piss in right now?

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Yep, and they shout the loudest as each whinger starts a new thread, so it seems like there’s lots of unrest.

Hopefully most can see that this rebuild is a huge job for anyone to take on.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Akira said:

Absolutely ******* embarrassing. How on earth can you say you wouldn't be upset about one of the best managers we've had, be gone? Yet previous managers with far worse CV's have been given crazy amount of time to turn things around. 

We're finally playing decent football. I like the direction we're heading. The progress our youngsters are making is absolutely fantastic to watch. 

We were unlucky tonight in my view, both teams had chances to get more goals than they did. To question the manager is embarrassing, and so typical of some of our fans. Rome wasn't built in a day. 

Too many knee jerk reactions on here, but to claim Pearson is ‘one of the best managers we’ve had’ with his record thus far is interesting…

4 minutes ago, Akira said:

Absolutely ******* embarrassing. How on earth can you say you wouldn't be upset about one of the best managers we've had, be gone? Yet previous managers with far worse CV's have been given crazy amount of time to turn things around. 

We're finally playing decent football. I like the direction we're heading. The progress our youngsters are making is absolutely fantastic to watch. 

We were unlucky tonight in my view, both teams had chances to get more goals than they did. To question the manager is embarrassing, and so typical of some of our fans. Rome wasn't built in a day. 

I'm with you some of the way, but playing decent football ?

To be fair in 55 years of watching  there haven't been many seasons when i have thought we looked easy on the eye, maybe 7or 8 seasons out of that.

Most seasons the away team always seem to have had more flair. Maybe its just me?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dastardly and Muttley said:

Yep, and they shout the loudest as each whinger starts a new thread, so it seems like there’s lots of unrest.

Hopefully most can see that this rebuild is a huge job for anyone to take on.

Obvious to anyone with more than a few working brain cells. If you want it all now be prepared for disappointment.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

Too many knee jerk reactions on here, but to claim Pearson is ‘one of the best managers we’ve had’ with his record thus far is interesting…

With his proven CV, I don't recall us having too many managers with promotions to the Premier league 

• Like 2

Yes we played poor, and yes conceding a late equaliser is like being kicked in the nards by a horse. But we’re 12th, which after last year would mark a very successful season should we finish there. We’re improving, this was just a bad night. Onto QPR, COYR. Away thank god ?

• Like 2

Just now, Akira said:

With his proven CV, I don't recall us having too many managers with promotions to the Premier league 

Since then though, his CV has hardly been glowing. There’s little point claiming someone is ‘one of our best managers’ just based off of his CV and not how he performs here

2 minutes ago, stephenkibby. said:

I'm with you some of the way, but playing decent football ?

To be fair in 55 years of watching  there haven't been many seasons when i have thought we looked easy on the eye, maybe 7or 8 seasons out of that.

Most seasons the away team always seem to have had more flair. Maybe its just me?

Haven't quite worked out how to multi quote, so apologies. Decent football given what we were left with under Johnson and Holden. At least you can see the plan, see what he's trying to do. And some of our play has been decent, much better than last few years at least.

Theres always going to be 'off' games, tonight we weren't brilliant, but I still found us playing some decent stuff at times. 

15 minutes ago, Just8 said:

It's time to realise that a major investment in new players would be suicidal given FFP and the current financial climate.

Plus the High performance centre probably cost a few bob...?

We need better players to compete in this league otherwise we are going to and have struggled to get results and performance.  The expectation of most fans and now it seems the club is just to survive in this division.  
Where is Bristol City at the moment, I would say we are a poor Championship club.  I like Pearson but he can only do so much with the tools at his disposal. 

46 minutes ago, BasSavage88 said:

As per the title - Is it time to admit.....

I will have a go at filling in the blanks for you

that you have not got a fugking clue what you are talking about

• Haha 1

I’m not too sure what people were expecting from this season. Before the season started the consensus seemed to be that most would be happy with mid-table. We’d win a few, lose a few and draw a few. Not enough for playoffs but not bad enough to go down.

We look to be basically achieving that as things stand. What has changed from people’s pre-season expectations?

I get that it’s disappointing that we haven’t won at home and I think many City fans feel Luton are the sort of team we should be beating. Doesn’t work like that though. 

• Like 3

Just now, Phileas Fogg said:

I’m not too sure what people were expecting from this season. Before the season started the consensus seemed to be that most would be happy with mid-table. We’d win a few, lose a few and draw a few. Not enough for playoffs but not bad enough to go down.

We look to be basically achieving that as things stand. What has changed from people’s pre-season expectations?

I get that it’s disappointing that we haven’t won at home and I think many City fans feel Luton are the sort of team we should be beating. Doesn’t work like that though. 

I was expecting us to stay in the division and avoid relegation. A season of consolidation with a few scares along the way.

What I have seen so far has been encouraging and I think my expectations will be met.

• Like 7