IGNORED

Is it time to admit.....

BasSavage88

1 minute ago, Simon bristol said:

Has that only affected city? Luton have come here tonight with a team of mostly free transfers, hit the post twice, and could have scored 4, while we have given away/ dont play getting on for 10 million quids worth of players in the last month.

Didn’t say that it had? But we have had a tumultuous time of it internally over the last 12 months with our main backroom staff basically screwing us over, on top of the COVID implications and to ignore that when looking at the overall picture at the club is wrong imho.  Not sure what people want really. What do you suggest that is going to make us so much better than we currently are?  

1 minute ago, glynriley said:

I reckon you'll be disappointed if you think he's going anywhere soon. 

Nige is here to sort out the club, not just the team. 

Lansdown has ****** up again and needs an experienced football man to put us right. Its going to be a bumpy ride, but I'm more confident we are in the right hands than anytime since Cotts left. 

That’s exactly what is happening. Zero chance of getting sacked, Steve ain’t paying for that to placate a few on here, so these people are wasting their time crying about Nige.

Before tonight's game, we had won 2, drawn 2, lost 2 and guess what Luton had exactly same record, so a draw tonight was hardly surprising was it?

It was a fair result. We would have won, but Bents makes a mistake and we end up with a point. It happens. 

I was lucky reporting (more unlucky really) at every game live at the ground during lockdown and it was terrible. We all have to admit that the football is improving compared to last season. Of course, we all know that we don't score goals easy, so that's something that needs addressing in the January window. 

If anyone thought that we would be knocking on the door and be involved in the promotion race this season, should stop thinking that! There are always a couple of teams that 'surprise the championship' but I can't see it being us anytime soon. 

The home record is shocking as we all know and we are going to make that 15 games without a win as we will not beat Fulham later this month.

Enjoy the rest of the season and hope we get in the top 12 - realism is calming!

Pearson STAYS and REBUILDS. Could take a while, but I'm sorry to say that's the deal, so let's deal with that as supporters of our club. 

Tomo  

Edited by Tomo
  • Like 5
  • Robin 1

3 minutes ago, Tomo said:

t was a fair result. We would have won, but Bents makes a mistake and we end up with a point. It happens. 

It wasn’t.

We created nothing of note. I’m not even sure Baker scored.

They played all the decent attacking football, sliced through us at times, missed two absolute sitters in front of goal and hit the woodwork twice.

I don’t mind highlighting the positives of Massengo and Pring but be big enough to admit who deserved the win.

Edited by 054123
  • Like 1

Just now, 054123 said:

It wasn’t.

We created nothing if note. I’m not even sure Baker scored.

They played all the decent attacking football, sliced through us at times, missed two absolute sitters in front of goal and hit the woodwork twice.

I don’t mind highlighting the positives of Massengo and Pring but be big enough to admit who deserved the win.

They did have sitters, but they didn't score did they. They missed their chances. We went 1 up, should have got the 3 points (maybe lucky, but again that's football) and Bents makes a mistake. Simples

12 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Do you really think that his team selection and game plan was right then?  By mid-season it could already be too late.

I do think he said we need to draw more games that we lost last season. He done that tonight. We could all sit here and say he could do X,Y or Z. But you are seriously telling me that this isn't an improvement?  Yes we all can be half glass empty but let's be optimistic otherwise we as fans will impact the players. Anyone feel the nervous energy when we went 1-0 up. Wasn't a feeling of we are going to win even though at that point we were playing well. Some of us fans need to be far more optimistic. What happens if we win our next two matches, what will you then be saying?

Personally I'd be happy with mid table we are 4 from play offs, or how some like to see it we are 4 from relegation. 

I know it's a forum, but seriously as a fan just believe. 

12 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Do you really think that his team selection and game plan was right then?  By mid-season it could already be too late.

I do think he said we need to draw more games that we lost last season. He done that tonight. We could all sit here and say he could do X,Y or Z. But you are seriously telling me that this isn't an improvement?  Yes we all can be half glass empty but let's be optimistic otherwise we as fans will impact the players. Anyone feel the nervous energy when we went 1-0 up. Wasn't a feeling of we are going to win even though at that point we were playing well. Some of us fans need to be far more optimistic. What happens if we win our next two matches, what will you then be saying?

Personally I'd be happy with mid table we are 4 from play offs, or how some like to see it we are 4 from relegation. 

You see fans back in stadiums after covid around the country going absolutely wild and you go down the gate and it's a pretty bland affair. 

People are upset because they are bored of it, I know I am. It used to be the highlight of the week but now watching City is slipping right down the list of things to do on a Saturday. 

Not everyone can afford to travel to away games to watch the odd game we turn up in. 

It's an entertainment business and the club would do well to remember that in my opinion. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wiltshire robin said:

Yeh agreed that Ashton was an absolute ***** but lansdowns just as much to blame for his incompetence.

how a man that can rise a multi million pound business from the ground can fail so badly at a football club is very confusing 

Don't conflate the ability to amass great wealth with intelligence. These are very, very different business's.

Edited by VT05763

20 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

I feel like we played tonight like we had a 6 ft 5 striker up front, you know like the one that NP wanted in the summer. Cross into the box at every opportunity, very little playing through the middle, lump it up to Martin if in doubt. I don’t remember any clear cut chances created with the ball on the deck

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tomo said:

They did have sitters, but they didn't score did they. They missed their chances. We went 1 up, should have got the 3 points (maybe lucky, but again that's football) and Bents makes a mistake. Simples

Agreed they are the facts, but based on the game I watched Luton deserved the win.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, lenred said:

Didn’t say that it had? But we have had a tumultuous time of it internally over the last 12 months with our main backroom staff basically screwing us over, on top of the COVID implications and to ignore that when looking at the overall picture at the club is wrong imho.  Not sure what people want really. What do you suggest that is going to make us so much better than we currently are?  

The obvious answer is to appoint chris wilder. Apart from that, sorting out the full back spots by putting pring at left back, potentially with semenyo in front of him… right back??? Try tanner? Simpson is a waste of a salary. Keep weimann through the middle, give martin some rest occasionally? Will we ever see joe williams again, can he come into midfield and give us energy? He isnt better than james or massengo anyway in my opinion?

6 minutes ago, 054123 said:

It wasn’t.

We created nothing of note. I’m not even sure Baker scored.

Did you miss the first 12 mins or so where we should have been 2 up?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 054123 said:

Agreed they are the facts, but based on the game I watched Luton deserved the win.

I thought it was pretty equal and a point shared was about right. They had better chances agreed, but overall a draw was probably was a fair outcome. We all see it differently. 

Just gutted we couldn't hold on to the 3 points when we fortunately had them!

• Like 1

The word i would use for tonight is "Frustrating".

In all four home games we have had chances to win the games, but of course have ridden our luck as well at times.

We are a team in evolution. Sometimes it'll work, sometimes it won't. Performances like Cardiff, will be offset; by performances like tonight.

We are in 12th, with a 0 goal difference, and a mid table feel to the side.

The difference tonight for me, is that there was a huge howler by our keeper at the end to gift them a point, and rob us of two. Up until that point he had however, kept us in the game in the first half, and ahead in the second.

In the Blackpool game, it was good play by them that got them that 93rd min equaliser. Tonight feels like a much more bitter pill to swallow.

That said you can't legislate for individual errors, and our captain will be feeling it acutely i'm sure. It was the type of error that up until today we had managed to generally eradicate from our play. As opposed to last season, when it seemed to happen every game.

There were a lot of players off tonight, and you could see why NP made the changes after 45 mins.

As an aside. How poor was Wells tonight?

You can see why he's not an NP player in terms of what he is being asked to do. Very poor on the press, and his general work rate is poor.

He was given 60 mins tonight, and in my eyes failed to show NP that he has to consider him for a starting role.

Vyner must also be a bit of a dead man walking, with Tanner breathing down his neck.  Expect to see Tanner on the bench at the weekend, as it wasn't ideal to take Kalas out of the centre, to cover for his deficiencies.

For me though  no indication that we need to panic. The home win will come eventually, and will probably be followed by a number soon afterwards.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Simon bristol said:

The obvious answer is to appoint chris wilder. Apart from that, sorting out the full back spots by putting pring at left back, potentially with semenyo in front of him… right back??? Try tanner? Simpson is a waste of a salary. Keep weimann through the middle, give martin some rest occasionally? Will we ever see joe williams again, can he come into midfield and give us energy? He isnt better than james or massengo anyway in my opinion?

I can’t see how he improves what we have at the moment tbh but if NP ever left I would welcome him as an appointment but it’s a moot point as can’t see it happening any time soon. Appreciate your other points, agree re Martin and Simpson is a worry for me but he is the only worry of the extremely limited leeway NP has been given thus far in terms of money to spend. No manager is going to get every signing 100% and NP isn’t being afforded anywhere near the ‘fish in a barrel’ approach the previous encumbants were, mores the pity. Got to stick with it this year then build. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BasSavage88 said:

Pearson just isn't the man for this. It's easy to blame Ashton etc but this team, the way we play and the mentality is ******* dire and doesn't seem to be improving.

I wouldn't be too upset to see him gone anytime soon 

You’re just like the real Bas Savage……………:rofl2br: