IGNORED

Is it time to admit.....

BasSavage88

Some people just can’t face the hard yards, can they?

We were an absolute shambles last season & anyone with half a brain knew it would take a while to sort out.

The types on here who only post when we lose just don’t get it.

We could be like Forest & change managers all the time but after appointing someone who actually has a track record why the **** would we want to do that?

You reds!

Edited by GrahamC
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Just now, GrahamC said:

Some people just can’t face the hard yards, can they?

We we’re a absolute shambles last season & anyone with half a brain knew it would take a while to sort out.

The types on here who only post when we lose just don’t get it.

We could be like Forest & change managers all the time but after appointing someone who actually has a track record why the **** would we want to do that?

You reds!

Does he?

Distinct lack of usual forum melts on here tonight other than the OP who would still have a problem with Pearson even if he literally turned out to be the 2nd coming.

Perhaps don’t look at the things directly in front of you, and look at what’s around you, NP had clearly galvanised this lot into wanting to play for him, we’ve not seen that in a city team since the Man City cup run. Wiemann has clearly pulled something with about 10 to go, but still digs in to sprint 30 yards and get the pass to Wells. They are all playing for one another, and that will make the unit stronger.

Probably wasting my time, the OPs dislike is bordering on the irrational, and you can’t argue against that.

• Like 3
  • Flames 3
  • Robin 1

3 hours ago, Fuber said:

More than any other manager we've previously appointed.

Even Coppell.

Ooooh, not sure I agree with that ... after doing well in the championship, finishing 7th, Coppell took Reading into the premier league as champions of the championship, losing only two games in the entire season in the process, that season he also took Reading on a record championship run of 33 games unbeaten ... his Reading team clinched promotion in March - ridiculously early - and he subsequently finished in 8th place in the premier league after taking Reading up ... obviously after his disastrous short tenure at Ashton Gate very few City supporters are fans of Coppell, but his previous achievements cannot be simply ignored ...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Ooooh, not sure I agree with that ... after doing well in the championship, finishing 7th, Coppell took Reading into the premier league as champions of the championship, losing only two games in the entire season in the process, that season he also took Reading on a record championship run of 33 games unbeaten ... his Reading team clinched promotion in March - ridiculously early - and he subsequently finished in 8th place in the premier league after taking Reading up ... obviously after his disastrous short tenure at Ashton Gate very few City supporters are fans of Coppell, but his previous achievements cannot be simply ignored ...

That is factually based, fair comment, and therefore it will probably not go down well on OTIB. 

More to the point is the reference (above) to the wild irrationality of the OP, with regard to his views on NP, which bears an unnerving resemblance to the attitude towards GJ of another notorious forum member, which surfaced again today -  as somebody pointed out, a mere eleven years after Johnson Senior left the club. 

This particular kind of obsession can be stubbornly enduring. Don’t expect Bas to drop it any time soon.

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

22 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Unlike an agreeable single malt from the highlands of a country regularly ridiculed by @Robbored for no discernible reason ... 

Scotland is a stunning and beautiful country - been all over many times.

Its their football that I slag off - I have no problem with Scots as people.

• Flames 1

Blimey, I have read every comment on this thread and there are massive expectations from some fans.

I had more realistic expectations, I thought the mess that the club was in when Pearson took over that he would do well if he was able to keep the team mid table.

When he was put in charge we were 15th in the Championship and tonight we are 9th, that is way above my expectations and very little money spent on new players.  We look like a team that understands what is required of them and are playing for each other, the last 2 season we have looked like a pub team that was selected 10 minutes before the start of the game based on who turned up, that is massive progress, much more professional  and organised.

If we finish around our current position I will consider it progress,  if we continue to show the improvements on the pitch that although not yet perfect it is so much better than what we have had to put up with the last 2 seasons.

Be realistic, give the man a chance, I get the impression some fans were just waiting for an opportunity to have a go.

Edited by rogerf
  • Like 6

3 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

And I didn't.

We weren't the only club he yeeted out of after all. Snakes and Ladders.

9 hours ago, rogerf said:

Blimey, I have read every comment on this thread and there are massive expectations from some fans.

I had more realistic expectations, I thought the mess that the club was in when Pearson took over that he would do well if he was able to keep the team mid table.

When he was put in charge we were 15th in the Championship and tonight we are 9th, that is way above my expectations and very little money spent on new players.  We look like a team that understands what is required of them and are playing for each other, the last 2 season we have looked like a pub team that was selected 10 minutes before the start of the game based on who turned up, that is massive progress, much more professional  and organised.

If we finish around our current position I will consider it progress,  if we continue to show the improvements on the pitch that although not yet perfect it is so much better than what we have had to put up with the last 2 seasons.

Be realistic, give the man a chance, I get the impression some fans were just waiting for an opportunity to have a go.

Well said. And you are right about those posters just waiting to have a go. But thankfully we will not hear from them for a bit because we had a great win away again. They are securely back under their stones at the moment. 

9 hours ago, rogerf said:

Couldn't agree more. Based on the end of last season, I thought he’d do well to keep us in the championship!

A pub team that had spent the previous 3 hours in the pub before the game.

Were just waiting? I reckon many are the same ones that have surfaced regularly over the last few seasons to have a go only when we have a bad result(s) and/or performance . It’s just that this year they’ve had far more opportunities!