IGNORED

Is it time to admit.....

BasSavage88

Drawing like we did tonight in stoppage time is an absolute gutter, sickening even, but we knew what was coming this year and the rebuild that is necessary after being completely shafted by the exploits of previous encumbants and the fact NP has had f all money.  Games like tonight are unfortunately to be expected for the rest of the season. Would’ve lost it last season.  

Just now, lenred said:

Do you understand what has gone on at City over the last year and across the wider football community? I’m guessing not. 

Right so just so I can keep a tally. The reasons it's not Pearson's fault we are shit.

Covid

Money 

Steve lansdown.

Mark Ashton

Nakhi wells.

The players.

1 minute ago, Northern Red said:

Okay, I think we can see that you've no interest in a sensible, factual discussion.

In what world does a man with 2 promotions (1 from this league) in 13 years become a proven CV

Just now, BasSavage88 said:

Right so just so I can keep a tally. The reasons it's not Pearson's fault we are shit.

Covid

Money 

Steve lansdown.

Mark Ashton

Nakhi wells.

The players.

We’ve should’ve done that other thing, you know the other thing you said……

1 minute ago, BasSavage88 said:

Covid

Money 

Steve lansdown.

Mark Ashton

Nakhi wells.

The players.

In what world does a man with 2 promotions (1 from this league) in 13 years become a proven CV

And your suggestion to improve upon where we currently are is?

After ploughing my way through all this, I just wish that all the posters that are jumping up & down & calling for NP's head would **** off & support the blue few, then they will really have something to cry about. This was never going to be a quick transition from the dire position we found ourselves in, NP has to be given the time & adequate funds when they become available.

In the meantime please stop acting like spoilt clueless brats :pray::facepalm:

• Like 3
  • Flames 2
  • Robin 2

1. We’re 12th not 24th

2. We seem to have players who are decent at counter attacking, but less good at breaking teams down (see Weimann), hence we’re good away but mediocre at home. 

3. Home games are attended by more… home fans, so clearly if not so good at home, perception maybe below reality, given 3 points for a win is 3 points for a win in Cardiff as well as Bristol.

4. Thought tonight was miles better than last season, whilst still not being very good. Less sitting back on the lead, decent intent, lack of quality final third, silly howler at the end. 

5. Pretty sure Luton were trying as well.

Overall can see the trends so far continuing, more points away than at home, but enough points overall. Not ideal as home attendances may dwindle, but hopefully the training pitch can unlock some further improvements and if not, think it’s new players that we’ll need more than a new manager.

• Like 4

So I have what I believe is a few neutral points for tonight.

Bentley made a poor save first half tonight which was down his throat and he palmed it in to the danger area, for their striker to miss a sitter. 

kalas was very solid tonight, first half especially. Atkinson also got his body in the way of most crosses.

I thought Massengo and James were solid but unspectacular. Done what they needed to and Massengo more of the clearing up work, whilst James more of the start of attacks.

I enjoyed an early sub as Pearson recognised Scott wasn’t effective and was pro-active.

I thought Dasilva for Pring wasn’t a bad move as Pring wasn’t effective tonight - as much as he has been the last 2 games.

I thought but Bentley was poor in the air and could do with a more decisive keeper in these situations to claim an easy cross. 

altogether I’d give a 6/10, they probably had better chances to win it but it’s always depressing when’s we concede late. We are cursed at home and frustrating we can’t get a win.

• Like 1

Ain't his fault yet, still seeing improvements, football at the end of the day isnt anyone's right to win a game and if your seriously telling me you wouldn't have taken a draw at half time after they could of easily been 3-0 up. Is this a step forward from last year... Absolutely! Should we give him time.. again absolutely! 

Yes he will make the odd bad call,but again mistakes will happen(it's football).

I believe we are in the right hands, stop asking for his head and for him to leave. 

Yes home form is really bad but how many times in the past would we of been battered against that squad. 

Wait til mid-season to pass judgement. We are all frustrated losing 2 points again that way but don't just ask for him to be fired.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Waffleflap said:

As long as we stay up I couldn't care less. We still need a few additions to the team and we will be able to do that next season. He's got his hands tied. Now Ian is on Radio Bristol. What a miserable man he is. Get a grip

Thinking exactly the same thing. But, I'm glad I bothered to listen to such a learned football brain. There's me thinking we were mid-table  and not 24th and no hopers. Cheers, Ian for putting me right.

Edited by AppyDAZE

8 minutes ago, lenred said:

Drawing like we did tonight in stoppage time is an absolute gutter, sickening even, but we knew what was coming this year and the rebuild that is necessary after being completely shafted by the exploits of previous encumbants and the fact NP has had f all money.  Games like tonight are unfortunately to be expected for the rest of the season. Would’ve lost it last season.  

How many more times this season are we going to read this?  Rebuild, no money, bad results to be expected, would have lost it last season, progress.  The fact is that Pearson picked an unbalanced team, with several players out of position, that played very poorly and didn’t deserve anything out of the game.  Is this Emperors New Clothes?  Are we all going to continue to see progress, even after another two shocking home performances?  We played better football with a substantially weaker squad in the first half of last season.  Nothing against the man (except the subbing of an out of position Alex Scott in the 35th minute was savage), but he has to start delivering results.  If our home form remains like this, we will be relegated.

1 minute ago, Slack said:

Ain't his fault yet, still seeing improvements, football at the end of the day isnt anyone's right to win a game and if your seriously telling me you wouldn't have taken a draw at half time after they could of easily been 3-0 up. Is this a step forward from last year... Absolutely! Should we give him time.. again absolutely! 

Yes he will make the odd bad call,but again mistakes will happen(it's football).

I believe we are in the right hands, stop asking for his head and for him to leave. 

Yes home form is really bad but how many times in the past would we of been battered against that squad. 

Wait til mid-season to pass judgement. We are all frustrated losing 2 points again that way but don't just ask for him to be fired.

Do you really think that his team selection and game plan was right then?  By mid-season it could already be too late.

This sort of post is very premature. I wasn't automatically bought into Nigel Pearson like some on here. I think some would suck the fart out of his behind if given half the chance.

He will be judged on results for me but he's definitely made small improvements on last seasons dire performances. You can tell the players are up for it more. We've just lacked that little bit of quality and rub of the green.

He needs proper time before we make judgements like this.

4 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

How many more times this season are we going to read this?  Rebuild, no money, bad results to be expected, would have lost it last season, progress.  The fact is that Pearson picked an unbalanced team, with several players out of position, that played very poorly and didn’t deserve anything out of the game.  Is this Emperors New Clothes?  Are we all going to continue to see progress, even after another two shocking home performances?  We played better football with a substantially weaker squad in the first half of last season.  Nothing against the man (except the subbing of an out of position Alex Scott in the 35th minute was savage), but he has to start delivering results.  If our home form remains like this, we will be relegated.

2 defeats in 7 games this season. Delivered so far.

12 minutes ago, lenred said:

Do you understand what has gone on at City over the last year and across the wider football community? I’m guessing not. 

Has that only affected city? Luton have come here tonight with a team of mostly free transfers, hit the post twice, and could have scored 4, while we have given away/ dont play getting on for 10 million quids worth of players in the last month.

Tonight was awful though.

Slow and ineffectual all over the pitch.

If we would have lost 3-1 you couldn’t have had any complaints.

It was turgid to watch.

We can debate all night about how and why Lansdown and Ashton led us here and how we try to move forward but tonight was pathetic.

We didn’t lose 3-1 because they hit the woodwork twice and missed 2 sitters in front of goal.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Do you really think that his team selection and game plan was right then?  By mid-season it could already be too late.

I forgot that we’re 24th in the table with 6 defeats from 7.

Oh wait, that’s the saviour Hughton’s old team.

We’re mid table. We’re not getting beaten often, just not winning enough. We’ll finish mid table.

15 minutes ago, BasSavage88 said:

He's won 4 games in 7 months.

He's won 4 games in 7 months.

You’ve got to forget last season, that is totally irrelevant now.

You don’t like Pearson, tick, we’ve got that, you can dress it up it lots of different ways, but you don’t like the bloke. You’re turning into the forum version of the bloke who constantly mumbles the same old shite in the corner of the pub, in the end most people ignore him too.

Pointless trying to reason with you as you’re beyond that

• Like 3
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, BasSavage88 said:

Pearson just isn't the man for this. It's easy to blame Ashton etc but this team, the way we play and the mentality is ******* dire and doesn't seem to be improving.

I wouldn't be too upset to see him gone anytime soon 

I reckon you'll be disappointed if you think he's going anywhere soon. 

Nige is here to sort out the club, not just the team. 

Lansdown has ****** up again and needs an experienced football man to put us right. Its going to be a bumpy ride, but I'm more confident we are in the right hands than anytime since Cotts left. 

• Like 9