IGNORED

Oh well

Bristol Oil Services

11 hours ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

That was a League 1 long ball performance. Without the organisation and effort. 

0/10 for entertainment. Think I'll be giving this a miss for a bit. Dreadful. 

There was organisation and effort and it wasn't without its merits.

We're trying to reboot in the Championship for the first time I can remember.  Normally we go down and fart around for a bit before coming back up.  If we continue to pick up points consistently we will be a much stronger side playing more effective and entertaining football. For now we are a side clearly in transition.

2 minutes ago, The Bard said:

We're trying to reboot in the Championship for the first time I can remember.  Normally we go down and fart around for a bit before coming back up.  If we continue to pick up points consistently we will be a much stronger side playing more effective and entertaining football. For now we are a side clearly in transition.

Yep we definitely are.  Unfortunately there some fans who can’t see that…………:dunno:

1 hour ago, The Bard said:

Yes I'm aware of the broader picture and our historic tendency to sink back into the mire when things go belly up at this level. I get why the manager is pursuing a pragmatic style of play at the moment (although he isn't going to go full tiki-taka either, when the purse strings can be loosened, is he?).

I get all that. What I'm saying is I find it dull as dishwater, watching a sub-Warnock team provide precious little entertainment at home. Again. 

As for organisation, we're repeatedly wide open in midfield, games become end to game basketball affairs, last night we made Lansbury look like Pirlo as we were cut open time and again, Bentley making umpteen saves - that doesn't look like organisation to me. Everyone's energy levels were down last night, even Massengo lacked his usual snap. "We weren't at our best" Pearson said. Too right.  

Archived