IGNORED

Stephen lansdown

Topper 123

Where is SL Don’t hear nothing of him he doesn’t seem to have anything to do with the team , has his interest of football died , if he was watching this football surely he’d see we need improving and I believe he should address players and tell them , we’re paying your wages ,play up or **** off 

come on Steve be a man 

• Admin
6 minutes ago, Magger1 said:

Where is SL Don’t hear nothing of him he doesn’t seem to have anything to do with the team , has his interest of football died , if he was watching this football surely he’d see we need improving and I believe he should address players and tell them , we’re paying your wages ,play up or **** off 

come on Steve be a man 

I'm sure he'll be on BT Sport Friday night 

3 minutes ago, Magger1 said:

come on Steve be a man 

Don't really want Lansdown making any football decisions if I'm honest 

Nearly  quarter of a century of under achievement tells you he knows **** all about football. Leave it to a man who knows how to run a football club. Tonight was disappointing but Nige can't legislate for a keeper who can't catch a cold. 

9 minutes ago, Magger1 said:

come on Steve be a man 

He was at the game on Saturday  and why would he have anything to do with the team, he is the owner, not the manager ?

38 minutes ago, Magger1 said:

come on Steve be a man 

Probably avoiding ***** like you.

31 minutes ago, Magger1 said:

come on Steve be a man 

Last seen finding 38 million to cover our losses of last season. Obviously has not lost interest. He made some dire decisions and put trust in people who had no right to be trusted , and is now paying a mega sized fine for the MA and LJ folly he instigated and supported. The money SL has  wasted on bcfc is ridiculous. We only just got a training centre this year after he had already burnt 150 million plus . Cannot fault the amount spent , but the deployment has been pathetic and embarrassing .  Slowly we are getting people in place who know their Arsenal from their elbow. Sadly SL cannot spend now so we are trying to cobble together a squad .  So much money burnt so little return. 

53 minutes ago, Magger1 said:

come on Steve be a man 

Why should we hear from SL on a weekly / monthly basis?  The worst sort of owners are those who are always talking to the media and / or the players,  giving advice and pretending they are football experts. He’s appointed Nigel Pearson, Richard Gould, the coaching team etc and it’s now up to them to deliver results. I’m sure he does have regular conversations with NP and the others but he’s sensible and those conversations remain confidential 

7 hours ago, Psychopomp said:

Last seen finding 38 million to cover our losses of last season. Obviously has not lost interest. He made some dire decisions and put trust in people who had no right to be trusted , and is now paying a mega sized fine for the MA and LJ folly he instigated and supported. The money SL has  wasted on bcfc is ridiculous. We only just got a training centre this year after he had already burnt 150 million plus . Cannot fault the amount spent , but the deployment has been pathetic and embarrassing .  Slowly we are getting people in place who know their Arsenal from their elbow. Sadly SL cannot spend now so we are trying to cobble together a squad .  So much money burnt so little return. 

Others have spent a lot less and achieved so much more.

if he'd done a Bournemouth and broken the laws to achieve the Premier League dream the amount of any fine would dwarf what he has wasted

I think SL was more interested in building a sports empire than the football itself. We cannot thank him enough for the money ploughed into the club over the years but we are now going backwards. Yes we have a terrific new training centre and shiny prem quality stadium but that alone wont attract the top players needed they want top wages as well and im afraid paying peanuts we will always get us monkeys until the purse strings are loosened. As the Who once said 'The Kids are Alright' but we cant rely too heavily on them all the time it showed with Scott last night who looked totally out of his depth we are desperate for some quality up front and on the wings and that costs serious money. 

1 minute ago, westonred said:

I think SL was more interested in building a sports empire than the football itself. We cannot thank him enough for the money ploughed into the club over the years but we are now going backwards. Yes we have a terrific new training centre and shiny prem quality stadium but that alone wont attract the top players needed they want top wages as well and im afraid paying peanuts we will always get us monkeys until the purse strings are loosened. As the Who once said 'The Kids are Alright' but we cant rely too heavily on them all the time it showed with Scott last night who looked totally out of his depth we are desperate for some quality up front and on the wings and that costs serious money. 

So how do you propose he spends that money legally? 

15 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

So how do you propose he spends that money legally? 

That is the question! perhaps now he regrets all the money he wasted by giving Ashton and LJ an open cheque book Anyway SL is the financial wiz kid its for him to work out not me

3 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Great. So like the original poster tou are just having a moan or perhaps you also want him to come out in sack cloth and ashes because we are only 11th in the Championship?

Christ mate we are 11th in the league yes but are you really happy with what you are seeing being played at BS3 14 games since the last home win its not good enough  if people are happy with this then so be it

3 minutes ago, westonred said:

Christ mate we are 11th in the league yes but are you really happy with what you are seeing being played at BS3 14 games since the last home win its not good enough  if people are happy with this then so be it

No, it's not great, but again what is to be gained by the Chairman being more vocal, which is what the OP is asking for?

What is to be gained from breaking the rules and being deducted points as you are suggesting?

You can moan all you like, or you can take solace in our away form and enjoy watching the younger players improving like I do.

8 hours ago, Magger1 said:

come on Steve be a man 

That’s the manager’s job, but he doesn’t seem to be very successful at it.

Many many clubs have spent less and achieved much mor success. . For what have been invested over two decades and only came close to reaching the Premier league once in that time we must be one of football’s greatest under achieving clubs.
i keep reading on this forum we must be patient and we must fix the mistakes of the past years , well it’s  the same old story of the last 20 years .

SL have been a sleep at the wheels for years at this club how else can you explain the  shambles of the Mark Ashton era. 
The dream of the Premier League is well and truly dead in 3 years we will be a league one side again .

25 minutes ago, bs3 said:

Many many clubs have spent less and achieved much mor success. . For what have been invested over two decades and only came close to reaching the Premier league once in that time we must be one of football’s greatest under achieving clubs.
i keep reading on this forum we must be patient and we must fix the mistakes of the past years , well it’s  the same old story of the last 20 years .

SL have been a sleep at the wheels for years at this club how else can you explain the  shambles of the Mark Ashton era
The dream of the Premier League is well and truly dead in 3 years we will be a league one side again .

It's quite easy really - football is a results business, and for quite a while we were improving our league position each year.  MA seems to be respected by other clubs, and seemed to be successful in negotiating transfers.  From a historical perspective, this "shambles" looks like a period of almost unparalleled stability (and, until near the end, progress).  This is our seventh consecutive season in tier 2, something we've not experienced since the Dicks era.

Think about where we were before MA arrived.  Could you really see us attracting a manager like Nigel Pearson?  Clearly this wasn't all down to MA, but it wasn't a shambles.

I know this doesn't fit the OTIB narrative, where MA is  the devil incarnate.  But real life is a bit more nuanced.

Archived