IGNORED

Stephen lansdown

Topper 123

59 minutes ago, Hampshire reds said:

the main concern if i was steve is the crowds. they are getting less by the week. he needs to address that. which in my opinion is some big decisions to the set up. by that i mean manager and his coaching staff. 

I was going to let your post go......but I can’t.

So, here is the scenario, you are the owner, given ALL the constraints in place, what EXACTLY would you do?

Simply saying change the coaching staff for example,is not an answer, change them for who?

Please be specific and realistic - I don’t really see Pep leaving Man City

sorry but running a football club is all about results and money. and they go hand in hand. we are not getting results and crowds are down. That will get the alarm bells ringing in the board room. So get real. you have to get home wins as that is where your fan base is. we are not. So Scottishred am i right in saying you would let this continue. 

There are colonels of truth all over at present.

The one overall truth is that somehow we have contrived to get up a point this summer where we are in a right mess on the pitch and off it in respect of the actual squad.

I do blame Steve Lansdown in part but he will also do his best to now sort it out. He did not consciously create this and I’m sure will work with Nigel Pearson to sort it out.

We’ve just got to hang on this year.

3 hours ago, Hampshire reds said:

sorry but running a football club is all about results and money. and they go hand in hand. we are not getting results and crowds are down. That will get the alarm bells ringing in the board room. So get real. you have to get home wins as that is where your fan base is. we are not. So Scottishred am i right in saying you would let this continue. 

I note that you have not answered my question.

And, without wishing to put words in your mouth, there is no simple or easy answer.

As many have noted SL has allowed the the Ashton and Johnson combo to waste millions and now we have to recover from that.

There is no quick fix and I think most of us realize that.

I would appreciate your exact thoughts however, maybe you have a solution that none of us, including the owner, have come up with.

5 hours ago, Hampshire reds said:

the main concern if i was steve is the crowds. they are getting less by the week. he needs to address that. which in my opinion is some big decisions to the set up. by that i mean manager and his coaching staff. 

It’s just as well you’re not Steve.  Championship survival is more important this season, not that I or SL will be setting to bar that low.  So we have 13k Season card holders all bought and paid for (those on Direct Debits are still committed to paying).  You’re proposing SL replace the manager and his staff.  At what cost in payoffs?  Probably not dissimilar to the amount in lost income from those who won’t rock up on the day. This is the manager who just saved us £12m in costs this season?  This is a manager trying not to waste money on unnecessary signings.

Crowds are down all over the country on average.  People are staying in because of Covid medically and financially as well as some because they’ve realised that a year away haven’t missed it as much, etc.

Assuming you’re not SL, who are you bringing in as Nige’s replacement?  Are they with a club now.  If they are, how much to buy them out, and the coaching staff they’ll bring with them?  If not, what wage will they command?

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

It’s just as well you’re not Steve.  Championship survival is more important this season, not that I or SL will be setting to bar that low.  So we have 13k Season card holders all bought and paid for (those on Direct Debits are still committed to paying).  You’re proposing SL replace the manager and his staff.  At what cost in payoffs?  Probably not dissimilar to the amount in lost income from those who won’t rock up on the day. This is the manager who just saved us £12m in costs this season?  This is a manager trying not to waste money on unnecessary signings.

Crowds are down all over the country on average.  People are staying in because of Covid medically and financially as well as some because they’ve realised that a year away haven’t missed it as much, etc.

Assuming you’re not SL, who are you bringing in as Nige’s replacement?  Are they with a club now.  If they are, how much to buy them out, and the coaching staff they’ll bring with them?  If not, what wage will they command?

Dave are you Steve's love child? Or related in some way?

10 hours ago, westonred said:

I think SL was more interested in building a sports empire than the football itself. We cannot thank him enough for the money ploughed into the club over the years but we are now going backwards. Yes we have a terrific new training centre and shiny prem quality stadium but that alone wont attract the top players needed they want top wages as well and im afraid paying peanuts we will always get us monkeys until the purse strings are loosened. As the Who once said 'The Kids are Alright' but we cant rely too heavily on them all the time it showed with Scott last night who looked totally out of his depth we are desperate for some quality up front and on the wings and that costs serious money. 

Spot on

8 hours ago, 054123 said:

There are colonels of truth all over at present.

The one overall truth is that somehow we have contrived to get up a point this summer where we are in a right mess on the pitch and off it in respect of the actual squad.

I do blame Steve Lansdown in part but he will also do his best to now sort it out. He did not consciously create this and I’m sure will work with Nigel Pearson to sort it out.

We’ve just got to hang on this year.

Mate your right mid table will do me but I’d like to see some football in achieving that spot ,I’ve followed since 1970 and this last 3 seasons football has been poor with some poor comings and goings ,we need to stabilise,I’d like to see NP pitch side more and I’d like to think as OWNER SL  would also be upset with recent football entertainment provided and would maybe get his ass into changing room now and again just to put wind up players and manager as they are all his employees after all 

1 hour ago, Magger1 said:

Mate your right mid table will do me but I’d like to see some football in achieving that spot ,I’ve followed since 1970 and this last 3 seasons football has been poor with some poor comings and goings ,we need to stabilise,I’d like to see NP pitch side more and I’d like to think as OWNER SL  would also be upset with recent football entertainment provided and would maybe get his ass into changing room now and again just to put wind up players and manager as they are all his employees after all 

I guess the unknown is - does trying to play a more entertaining style with this group mean we don’t get mid-table, I.e. it becomes a relegation battle?  I don’t know.

All I can assume is that Nige is trying to make us harder to beat initially, and will try to introduce more “flair” in time.

One thought, the last two games have been against sides that like to spoil, Preston especially. We’ve probably allowed them to do so too.  One of these days I’m gonna run on the pitch, and bladder the ball at Daniel Johnson  when he stops us taking a free-kick….and I hope it catches him right in the nuts….and he cries. ???

Archived