IGNORED

Bentley

Dredd

18 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

He is forgiven for Wednesday evening. (Was it really his problem? Atkinson will now hoof anything like that into not Row Z but half way down the Portway.) 

How unlucky was Atkinson with his header for their goal, great header (well, you know what I mean).

59 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

Looking forward to the highlights, by all accounts sounds like he was phenomenal. What a keeper.

He was unbelievable. Chatting to some QPR fans after, they were convinced they'd scored one, were thinking it was a certain goal.

I told them the away fans thought so too...then a miracle occurred

4 minutes ago, SecretSam said:

He was unbelievable. Chatting to some QPR fans after, they were convinced they'd scored one, were thinking it was a certain goal.

I tld them the away fans thought so too...then a miracle occurred

Just now, Fordy62 said:

That was the point blank low to his right. Worldie. 

Yea just caught that save on the highlights. If that goes in you say ‘fair play, nothing the keeper can do about that’. Phenomenal save.

1 minute ago, BanburyRed said:

Weds night he was rubbish, today he's a world beater - the vagaries of a professional footballer!  Well played Dan Bentley!

By all accounts he was superb today, However it’s still a fact he made an absolute howler on Wednesday, credit to him for coming back from it in the right way 

On 15/09/2021 at 23:40, Dredd said:

I’m almost scared to write this post as I’m sure some reactions are going to be very different, but;

is anyone else still not convinced on him? We saw both sides of Bentley tonight, first pushing a routine long ranger back down the middle of the goal where a Luton player somehow had a swing and a miss at it, then two minutes later making a fantastic reaction save, followed by the error for the goal.

Some will say he saves us more points than he costs us but I don’t believe that’s true. Give me a Maennpa type steady keeper every day of the week. 

Well this aged well. I watched both games live and without Bents we would have lost both games BADLY. If you are going to overreact everytime a goalkeeper makes a mistake in the CHAMPIONSHIP (not the top league) then may I suggest you stop watching football. 

If bents didnt make mistakes he would be a Prem keeper, cos his shot stopping is some of the best I have seen in over 40 years of watching City.

53 minutes ago, grifty said:

Ah sorry, I get you.

Should've qualified my previous statement, Bents keeps us in more games than he costs us, as seen by his performance today vs QPR, but equally kept us in the game against Luton until his last minute blunder. Without him, there are games we could and should have been buried. Too many on here too quick to jump on Bents' back, as a goalkeeper is more often than not punished when he makes a mistake. But he'll win us way more points than he costs us. Quality Championship keeper, lucky to have him.

15 hours ago, BS3_RED said:

Well this aged well. I watched both games live and without Bents we would have lost both games BADLY. If you are going to overreact everytime a goalkeeper makes a mistake in the CHAMPIONSHIP (not the top league) then may I suggest you stop watching football. 

If bents didnt make mistakes he would be a Prem keeper, cos his shot stopping is some of the best I have seen in over 40 years of watching City.

The fact that there were several people agreeing with the thread shows several people are not fully convinced. And you can make the same comment about consistency that others have but he doesn’t have consistency, and that’s the point. 
It wasn’t an overreaction to a mistake, it was a post in response to another mistake that cost us points.  I also watched both games and already said that yesterday DB kept us in the game, I’m happy enough to admit when he has a great game as well as when he doesn’t. 
And get off your high horse telling people to stop watching football. Football is about opinions. Get back in your box. 

Archived