IGNORED

Shock horror

Unan

Shock horror, Championship keeper makes an error

Shock horror, young defender, playing non league 2 seasons ago, didn’t communicate properly with said keeper 

Shock horror, Baker has been allowed a few games to try to keep a place after a good performance

You complain when we don’t bring through young players and complain when they make an error.

You complain we don’t keep a settled side then complain when we do.

If we’re lucky, then we’ll be a mid table Championship team this season, get some perspective.

Young players will make mistakes. Pearson gives players that play well, several chances to keep their shirt, would you rather the tombola was back(?)

Bentley isn’t Buffon or he wouldn’t play for us.

What do you seriously expect?

16 minutes ago, Marcus Aurelius said:

Shock horror, young defender, playing non league 2 seasons ago, didn’t communicate properly with said keeper 

Shock horror, Baker has been allowed a few games to try to keep a place after a good performance

You complain when we don’t bring through young players and complain when they make an error.

If we’re lucky, then we’ll be a mid table Championship team this season, get some perspective.

Young players will make mistakes. Pearson gives players that play well, several chances to keep their shirt, would you rather the tombola was back(?)

I’d expect a team that is full of obvious and well paid talent to be allowed to play football. I’d expect a well paid manager to see from the previous game that long throws, constant poor deliveries into the box isn’t the answer. I’d expect some homework to be done on a team that has two big centre forwards and not sit back in the dying minutes. I’d expect to change things as soon as I realised that hoofing the ball constantly only finds a player wearing white.

I expect better. 

23 minutes ago, Marcus Aurelius said:

Are you the poster who used to be called Griffin AKA Seneca The Younger?

2 minutes ago, 054123 said:

None of these things surprise me.

I fully accept where we are and the mess created by Lansdown and Ashton.

I know that any manager tasked with the rebuild needs time.

Last night was appalling.

Lansdown and Ashton didn’t pick Baker at left back and keep him there even after the Preston game, or pick a youngster out of position and then take him off after 35 minutes.  Lansdown and Ashton weren’t responsible for Kalas’s long throws or for our lack of creativity in midfield.  You’re right that last night was appalling, but the man responsible for that is our current manager.

26 minutes ago, Marcus Aurelius said:

So what your saying is that OTIB has a wide variety of people with a wide variety of views?

4 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Lansdown and Ashton didn’t pick Baker at left back and keep him there even after the Preston game, or pick a youngster out of position and then take him off after 35 minutes.  Lansdown and Ashton weren’t responsible for Kalas’s long throws or for our lack of creativity in midfield.  You’re right that last night was appalling, but the man responsible for that is our current manager.

Mate, the club was in a state when Pearson arrived and this deteriorated further in the close season due to mismanagement of player contracts, the woeful recruitment, the lack of planning and strategy and wasteful use of funds and wages. Thank you Steve and Mark.

Absolutely there is a chance that Nigel Pearson cannot sort out the sh1t show created by these two. Absolutely he may have to go and somebody will have to sort the orphanage fire they created.

But do not try to create a narrative that suggests our current situation is because of the current manager and not because of the circus created in the previous 2 years.

19 minutes ago, ILikeCheeseOnToast said:

I’d expect a team that is full of obvious and well paid talent to be allowed to play football. I’d expect a well paid manager to see from the previous game that long throws, constant poor deliveries into the box isn’t the answer. I’d expect some homework to be done on a team that has two big centre forwards and not sit back in the dying minutes. I’d expect to change things as soon as I realised that hoofing the ball constantly only finds a player wearing white.

I expect better. 

We had a game plan, it wasn’t pretty, we nearly won though.

I do agree the long throws were poor.

Balls across the box were our weakness not the presence of 2 big men.

Again, balls down the sides of the CBs, not pretty but can be effective.

14 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Are you the poster who used to be called Griffin AKA Seneca The Younger?

Griffin aka Unan aka Banned User aka Seneca the Younger aka Aka

Archived