IGNORED

How long is acceptable?

Top Robin

Absolutely no point sacking the manager. That would be counterproductive. But I’m somewhat surprised by the general NP love-in. His record here is poor. And the football is so dull and functional. Last night was a yawn fest. I was far more surprised by our goal last night than Luton’s. 

He has to be given time, but without a bit of entertainment as well life just becomes a long grey winter.

I think every manager deserves at least one full season. If we finish mid table I will consider that an improvement on last year. In fact I can already see an improvement. I really think he inherited a very poor side, and has been frustrated by lack of funding. However if we slip into a relegation dogfight, I might change my tune. But my gut feeling is well be OK this year under his watch. 

We're a little inconsistent and not hugely entertaining to watch but we aren't losing that many games at the moment. Making us harder to beat and a mid table finish would be a great achievement this season and we are very much on track for that.

Home form is dire, the entertainment isn't the best but its still a whole lot better than last season and there's clear signs of progress. A bit more patience is required than 7 games I think...

19 minutes ago, Hampshire reds said:

How many more home games without a win are the fans going to put up with. we cant keep saying nige is the man as he is experienced.  

People will slag you off because of who you are and your previous posts but you are correct - it is a dreadful home record and it needs to be addressed sharpish.

21 minutes ago, Hampshire reds said:

Top Tobin. I get that they slag me off for who i am. i only put on hear the facts as i see it. They dont know me personally its a forum which is all about opinions not the person. i get they miss that. 

Got it! We’re the poor simple folk of Gotham City and you’re Batman in disguise..

1 hour ago, Top Robin said:

People will slag you off because of who you are and your previous posts but you are correct - it is a dreadful home record and it needs to be addressed sharpish.

30 minutes ago, Hampshire reds said:

Top Tobin. I get that they slag me off for who i am. i only put on hear the facts as i see it. They dont know me personally its a forum which is all about opinions not the person. i get they miss that. 

I haven't followed your previous posts and I don't have a clue who you are.  So, free of that baggage, I will slag off your posts because they are dreadful.  We are 12th in the league, have a hugely experienced manager for the first time in ages, have turned in some decent performances this season and there are signs of improvement.  Don't you think NP and colleagues are aware of and trying to address our home record??  Numpty.

2 hours ago, Redrascal2 said:

What do you think the state of the team and medical set up were when Pearson took over and how long does it take to turn that around. Linked to the fact that unlike Johnson he has been unable to buy players in conveyor belt fashion. I imagine if you thought we were in good shape then Pearson should be producing consistent performances and results. My opinion is we were an absolute shambles in every way. Medically, morale, tactics, performance etc, etc. So that is why I am backing Pearson and think he will need 3 years to get us pushing for promotion. And try listening to his interviews and compare what he says to the gibberish and bullsh1t of Holden and Johnson and maybe you will understand why people are happy to give Pearson the time he needs to get the job done.

But even you surely would put a time on this improvement happening, we all have different patience thresholds what the op was trying to say is in his own way was that he has reached his, when is yours? 

46 minutes ago, Hampshire reds said:

I get that they slag me off for who i am. 

Ive never really replied to any of your threads. They are mostly forum detritus

In this particular case, you asked the question why do so many fans still back Pearson? I cant speak for all, but for me it's because i trust what he is doing. His job is more than head coach - you hear of his influence all over the club and it will take time for him to build what he wants. On the pitch, aside from last night, we have a team looking fitter and there have been glimpses. We are 12th in the league, and i bet you 70% of fans would bite your hand off to finish in that position this season, given the high churn of players and lack of investment due to Covid hit budget constraints.

So to suggest we get rid of Pearson, when any new manager will come in and face the same challenges would be absolutely stupid. Im in no way slagging you off, but im afraid your suggestion is nonsense.

Hard to see for so many football fans and easy to say, but right now, it’s all about the bigger picture.

Success in football has to be built these days. That building takes time. 

For me, for the first time in while, we have a proper football person, with a track record, in place, who is willing to get stuck into all areas of the club.

If we had a day to day hands on chairman or experienced DOF steering our development, chopping and changing managers might have less impact.

At the moment, that’s not the case at BCFC so it’s about trusting someone to captain the whole ship. For me, we, as a club, have to put faith in someone to do that, unless the whole structure is changed and Nigel Pearson is as good and realistic a candidate right now as anyone.

I’m expecting plenty of bumps in the road and frustrated with some of the results - but i’m also already positive about some of the progress.

I won’t be considering him leaving until well into next season. 

1 hour ago, Hampshire reds said:

No one slags you off for who you are don’t be so narcissistic and ridiculous.

Your posts are most of the time very negative and repetitive. As you say this is a forum where you can voice your opinion. Well the above is my opinion on your posts.

3 hours ago, Dolman_Stand said:

I would be happy bumbling along around where we are now (or maybe even a little lower) for most of this season to be honest as long as the performances keep improving as they have done since the summer. I would like to think that at some point towards the back end of the season we will go on a little run to finish strongly and give some hope and optimism that we will be stronger next season.

I’d buy this.

1 hour ago, TonyTonyTony said:

Ive never really replied to any of your threads. They are mostly forum detritus

In this particular case, you asked the question why do so many fans still back Pearson? I cant speak for all, but for me it's because i trust what he is doing. His job is more than head coach - you hear of his influence all over the club and it will take time for him to build what he wants. On the pitch, aside from last night, we have a team looking fitter and there have been glimpses. We are 12th in the league, and i bet you 70% of fans would bite your hand off to finish in that position this season, given the high churn of players and lack of investment due to Covid hit budget constraints.

So to suggest we get rid of Pearson, when any new manager will come in and face the same challenges would be absolutely stupid. Im in no way slagging you off, but im afraid your suggestion is nonsense.

Perfectly put TTT. 

This season is a rebuild following on from the last two disastrous seasons. Lying in 12th at present is more than I expected. 

You can see Pearson is slowly turning it around, remember Rome was not built in a day. The plan for me is build and come next season I’m sure we’ll be in a position to start challenging for a top 6.

4 hours ago, Hampshire reds said:

All these games without a home win crowds getting smaller by the game then for me time is up. If Dean or lee where in  charge the fans will be against them big time. why are people backing Pearson. 

Jog on.

4 hours ago, Hampshire reds said:

All these games without a home win crowds getting smaller by the game then for me time is up. If Dean or lee where in  charge the fans will be against them big time. why are people backing Pearson. 

... Because we had Dean or Lee in charge previously! 

5 hours ago, Hampshire reds said:

Just to pi$$ you off I suspect.  That’s a joke btw.

Seriously though, why do you think fans, like me, are behind Nige?  Blind faith? 

3 hours ago, Hampshire reds said:

Facts as I see it = an opinion

I think most posters on here respond to your posts because of what you write, not who you are, I’ve no idea who you are.

It’s fine to post negative stuff, I do it all the time (especially about Mark Ashton) but it’s how you present it.  If you’re gonna post (paraphrased) “I don’t see how any fans can have a different option to mine”, you’re setting yourself up are t you?

2 minutes ago, Hampshire reds said:

No.

They disagree with you because you're on permanent repeat.  Same opinion, over and over again.  I don't know who you are I just read what you write.  

This club, under the watch of Ashton, has been run into the ground. It is nothing short of a miracle that we are still a championship team. The failings are multiple and systemic.

• Overpaid players / players who came in for big fees on big salaries who haven't delivered
  • Players who aren't good enough
  • Players who disappoint on a regular basis
  • Players who don't have the mental strength to win (especially at home)
  • Players who can't manage a game
  • A medical team intent on injuring players
  • Players who were discontented with how their injuries were managed
  • Scattergun recruitment
  • No plan to replace our best players when they left
  • No system or identity of playing
  • No plan to recruit into a system
  • A stadium which is sterile and lacks atmosphere
  • A massive bloated squad , which pushed us to the limits of FFP
  • A massive bloated squad, which caused discontent
  • A lack of "right mindset" from top to bottom (re winning mentality)
  • No money to recruit players
  • Poor to non-existent COVID strategy and plan
  • Lack of contract negotiation

These are just off the top of my head. If you think this will be fixed in a season, where we have brought in four players on frees or small fees then you're absolutely living on another planet.

I think some fans are guilty of forgetting just how bad it was for the last 12 months prior to Pearson's appointment.

And it does seem to be a case of forgetting. At the end of last season the forum was full of people crying "relegation battle next season" or "I'd take 20th next season" etc. Now they're suggesting Pearson should be fired as we're only 12th and the football we play can be a bit dull at times?

I'm not sure that (realistically) there's a better man for the job than Pearson. When you consider how poor we were, as well the issues we had in summer with contracts, a bloated/unbalanced squad, no money to spend etc then what did people really expect this season? Do people really think that another manager could come in and transform us into a swashbuckling footballing side battling for a place in the top 6 within a few weeks?

The harsh reality is that we were probably the worst side in the league for most of last season, and transforming us into a top 6 team is going to be a long hard process.

Archived