IGNORED

Right back

redsocks

Where is Danny Simpson anyway? Not been near the match day squad for a while; not that I’d want him there. Vyner isn’t a full back either; rarely attacked the space ahead of him last night and made Scott look worse than he probably was given lack of support. His distribution was largely poor too. Tanner will be playing sooner than we expected I’m sure. 

I think Tanner is probably a few weeks at least from being anywhere near ready to put in there.  He was bought with next season in mind but encouraging to hear Pearson say that he's shown enough already to suggest he'll be in contention this season. He'll arguably need a few more weeks of training with and against a much better standard than he's been used to before chucking in, but Pearson must have that in mind.

Simpson is this seasons Chris Brunt.  His legs just aren't there.  He was ok last season.  Nothing more, nothing less, but I guess had the excuse of lacking match fitness to carry him through. 

Play Kalas there.

Was fairly solid in the cameos he has played there and gives Tanner time to get up to speed on NP/DR's fitness regime and tactics, especially with Fulham and Millwall coming up.

Would hate to chuck him in not fully prepped straight into the deep end. In Nige we trust.

14 minutes ago, Super said:

I'm actually beginning to think we should of kept Jack Hunt.

I agree, defensively lacking but going forward and banging crosses in produced several assists, I'd have liked to keep him for another year until we'd sorted ourselves out with decent replacements. 

3 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Don't mean to pick on you, but have you actually watched Tanner play? I appreciate right back appears to be a bit of a weak spot, but we don't have to play someone new just for the sake of it. He may be nowhere near ready. 

Tanner looks like a youth player. IMHO He needs to bulk out a bit if he’s to deal with forwards at this level. 

27 minutes ago, Rossi the Robin said:

Jack Hunt was part of the defence that nearly got as relegated

We are now a more solid unit and probably about the same in attack and people are calling him back 

Swings and roundabouts

He is better than Vyner and Simpson that's why.

7 hours ago, Hartleysbeard said:

Where is Danny Simpson anyway? Not been near the match day squad for a while; not that I’d want him there. Vyner isn’t a full back either; rarely attacked the space ahead of him last night and made Scott look worse than he probably was given lack of support. His distribution was largely poor too. Tanner will be playing sooner than we expected I’m sure. 

He's on the telly tonight:

4 hours ago, Fuber said:

Play Kalas there.

Was fairly solid in the cameos he has played there and gives Tanner time to get up to speed on NP/DR's fitness regime and tactics, especially with Fulham and Millwall coming up.

Would hate to chuck him in not fully prepped straight into the deep end. In Nige we trust.

Not sure taking your best and quickest defender out of central defence was a wise move last night or in the future.  Kalas recovery runs and pace get us out of lots of trouble & I’d rather keep him central as our insurance policy.   No idea who to start RB but would probably stick with Vyner.

Jack Hunt is not and was not the answer. He reminds me of that old classic where if you’re not good enough to be a winger you end up at RB. Hence why I think he was so shite at defending and good at crossing.

There were so many times last season where the ball would be crossed in from the left with absolutely zero pressure on the ball or the player from Hunt. Was far too easy and so painfully frustrating to watch. Be interesting to know how many chances we conceded from that area of the pitch.

Glad he’s gone, whilst albeit not exactly thrilled with the options we now have (Tanner aside) . Needed something better than Simpson, although I do believe he is a better option to Vyner.

Looking forward to Tanner hopefully breaking into the team, which shouldn’t be too long judging by the competition he is faced with.

1 hour ago, RedEyez said:

Jack Hunt is not and was not the answer. He reminds me of that old classic where if you’re not good enough to be a winger you end up at RB. Hence why I think he was so shite at defending and good at crossing.

There were so many times last season where the ball would be crossed in from the left with absolutely zero pressure on the ball or the player from Hunt. Was far too easy and so painfully frustrating to watch. Be interesting to know how many chances we conceded from that area of the pitch.

Glad he’s gone, whilst albeit not exactly thrilled with the options we now have (Tanner aside) . Needed something better than Simpson, although I do believe he is a better option to Vyner.

Looking forward to Tanner hopefully breaking into the team, which shouldn’t be too long judging by the competition he is faced with.

Exactly. You get rid of Hunt if you had a better option. We haven't. 

Archived