IGNORED

Hughton Sacked

Lydered

http://www.skysports.com/share/12406942

https://www.nottinghamforest.co.uk/news/2021/september/Club-Statement/

Expected after the start to the season, what is people's general feeling now, still wish we'd gone for him or pleased with what we have?

Edited by Lydered
Official statement added

Just now, Lydered said:

Expected after the start to the season, what is people's general feeling now, still wish we'd gone for him or pleased with what we have?

I don't think he is a bad manager but Forest is a mess of a club and i think anyone would struggle there.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Lydered said:

https://www.nottinghamforest.co.uk/news/2021/september/Club-Statement/

I would have still have had him over Holden as those were the options as far as can tell.

I wouldn't swapped now as I believe Pearson is an equally good manager although has a very different style. 

Edited by Pezo
  • Like 15

Looking at the stats they were all defeats by 1 goal until last night and in most games they have had a fair amount of chances and possession. Lyle Taylor has 5 in 45 since signing for Forest and I think if that record was more like what he managed at Charlton then they would be doing ok, also Grabban scored 20 in their (almost) play-off season and then scored 6 last season. Not sure what went wrong for Hughton but the strikers not firing won't have helped and its hard to argue against this decision, wonder how Forest fans would feel about taking back Lamouchi?

• Like 1

Early days, I know, but, with Forest on one point from their first seven games and in a state of some disarray, and Derby apparently heading for a nine point deduction, there must be some possibility that both might be relegated.

What a turnaround in fortunes that would be for two former League champions and for football in the East Midlands - and, of course, for the legacy of the great Brian Clough!

Edited by PHILINFRANCE
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Baba Yaga said:

Looking at the stats they were all defeats by 1 goal until last night and in most games they have had a fair amount of chances and possession. Lyle Taylor has 5 in 45 since signing for Forest and I think if that record was more like what he managed at Charlton then they would be doing ok, also Grabban scored 20 in their (almost) play-off season and then scored 6 last season. Not sure what went wrong for Hughton but the strikers not firing won't have helped and its hard to argue against this decision, wonder how Forest fans would feel about taking back Lamouchi?

Lyle Taylor has a record like that because the gap between the Championship & L1 is just massive, see also Taylor, Matty.

There was a massive campaign to sign the Blackpool striker Yates, he has managed 1 penalty so far..

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Hampshire reds said:

How dare the sack him. after all he is experienced. 

Let’s say we sack Pearson, who do you want to replace him? We’ll have to pay him off, we’ve got no to little money to be able to improve the squad. We’re not an attractive proposition I don’t think for any top quality manager right now. Who a). Would want the job and b). Who could we afford?

4 minutes ago, SecretSam said:

Interesting comparison with us. Like us, they are in a mess. Don't know if Hughton's been given the scope that Pearson has, but it's a long job. 

I am sure he would have turned it around. Where do the Florists go now?

Two candidates I would suspect Terry or Wilder 

32 minutes ago, Super said:

I don't think he is a bad manager but Forest is a mess of a club and i think anyone would struggle there.

Indeed. Just read this from a Forest fan:

Whoever comes in will have the same unbalanced squad that Hughton had and will have to deal with the same nonsense behind the scenes too. Whilst Hughton should have got more out of the squad he wasn’t the biggest issue at the club. Until/unless we see a change of ownership things will stay largely the same.

There are so many people that seem to think Hughton is to blame but Forest are consistent in bringing in good managers and making them look bad I mean Martin O'Neill has said he wants to manage again but since Forest it seems he can't find work despite having a ridiculous amount of experience and a wealth of contacts. I have a feeling Forest chew up and spit out managers because they offer so much and deliver so little. I have already seen fans saying they wanted him to stay and have more time which is impressive when you consider if we were bottom of the league with 1 point most of our fans would be hunting the man down with pitch forks, I mean Pearson has us mid-table and there are still calls for him to go despite how many players we lost and the few he has brought in have all shown improvements to the squad as a whole.

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, chinapig said:

Indeed. Just read this from a Forest fan:

Whoever comes in will have the same unbalanced squad that Hughton had and will have to deal with the same nonsense behind the scenes too. Whilst Hughton should have got more out of the squad he wasn’t the biggest issue at the club. Until/unless we see a change of ownership things will stay largely the same.

Sound familiar?

only difference is we have Nige

Edited by Ivorguy
  • Like 2

Just now, GrahamC said:

Lyle Taylor has a record like that because the gap between the Championship & L1 is just massive, see also Taylor, Matty.

There was a massive campaign to sign the Blackpool striker Yates, he has managed 1 penalty so far..

That's what I thought at first but looking at the numbers he scored 11 in 22 for Charlton in the championship (4 were pens). If he wasn't injured/let his contract run out that season they would have probably stayed up due to his goals. Agree about the gap between the divisions overall, apparently JCH isn't doing very well for Peterboro this season after being league one top scorer last season.

Forest had a good defence last season but one of the worst attacks in the league, City finished 1 point below them but overall there were 40% more goals in the City games so they were also poor entertainment value. Need to bring in a manager who is more attack minded and I wouldn't be surprised to see them win a few games and pull out of the relegation zone.

• Thanks 1