IGNORED

Hughton Sacked

Lydered

1 hour ago, BetterRedThanBlue said:

12 managers in 10 years for Forest, we've had 6 in the sake time period.

My opinion on Hughton hasn't changed I still think he is a good manager to me the issue with forest come from the top you can't expect success without stability and they are currently going through more then 1 manager a season.

Based on the Watford model perhaps ? 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Robbored said:

You didn’t know who I was referring to?………..:dunno:

You're quite right. So long as people know who you're on about it doesn't matter how you spell someone's name. It's like when people mistakingly spell Robbored with a silent "that bloke who ran scared of GJ" or the other common misspelling of "Rovers minibus driver". So long as people know who you mean, what does it matter?

• Haha 1
  • Flames 1

8 hours ago, Steve Watts said:

You're quite right. So long as people know who you're on about it doesn't matter how you spell someone's name. It's like when people mistakingly spell Robbored with a silent "that bloke who ran scared of GJ" or the other common misspelling of "Rovers minibus driver". So long as people know who you mean, what does it matter?

You forgot "ginger ****".

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, Mr Chappers said:

Just proves that there is no magic formula when choosing a manager. Main criticism I hear from a Forest fan is that the football under Hughton was very dull and negative.

A criticism aimed at him during his latter days at Brighton as well.  Admittedly that was when trying to survive in a Premier League relegation scrap.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Mr Chappers said:

Just proves that there is no magic formula when choosing a manager. Main criticism I hear from a Forest fan is that the football under Hughton was very dull and negative.

14 minutes ago, Steve Watts said:

A criticism aimed at him during his latter days at Brighton as well.  Admittedly that was when trying to survive in a Premier League relegation scrap.

Which is why I always found it quite amusing when people used to say that they specifically wanted rid of LJ because of boring football but then suggest Hughton as the alternative.

Don't get me wrong, I'd have certainly taken Hughton last summer, but he's never been renowned for playing particularly attractive football.

• Like 1

Though I can’t imagine the absolute shambles of last season would have happened under CH we almost certainly wouldn’t have got off to that blistering start, points wise, as, I would like to think, our players would have done a proper preseason. They wouldn’t have been so fresh but equally wouldn’t have fallen so completely to pieces (literally in some cases) as the season wore on.

I would also say he’d have still been “under” everyone’s favourite CEO and therefore probably not having the best time regarding recruitment!

Bearing in mind what happened, I am pretty sanguine about things. I certainly would not swap NP for CH right now, and wouldn’t have any time he’s been with us.

3 hours ago, Northern Red said:

Which is why I always found it quite amusing when people used to say that they specifically wanted rid of LJ because of boring football but then suggest Hughton as the alternative.

Don't get me wrong, I'd have certainly taken Hughton last summer, but he's never been renowned for playing particularly attractive football.

His Brighton side in the Championship was pretty exciting, Knockaert, Murphy ripping teams apart on the wings.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

His Brighton side in the Championship was pretty exciting, Knockaert, Murphy ripping teams apart on the wings.

Indeed they did but every football club ‘manages’ managers differently. Maybe CH had far more support and finances at Brighton than he had at Forest - who do seem to go thru managers at quite a rate.

Who knows?        :dunno:

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Hampshire reds said:

Clubs dont seem to want Chris Wilder. Done a good job at Sheffield United. seems strange.

Maybe they do but the issue lies with Wilder himself ? 

Perhaps he’s holding out for another Prem job or his wage demands post COVID-19 are too high? 

More likely he’s waiting for Jailbird Joey to get the heave ho so he can manage the Barcelone of the fourth division ! 
:dunno:

Chris Hughton is a good manager, if given the time to build a team.

Living in Brighton I have watched what he did there, a lot like what NP is doing for us.

He took over Brighton in a poor position and played negative football but hard to beat, a transfer window in and he was allowed to build a Brighton side that was now playing good football and play off contenders and eventually promotion.

This was with the backing of the owner, Tony Bloom, he's not been given that chance at forest to build a team with the support of the owners.

NP is doing this now at City, it takes time but I can see the same sort of building at City under NP that I watched at Brighton with Hughton.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, M.D said:

Chris Hughton is a good manager, if given the time to build a team.

Living in Brighton I have watched what he did there, a lot like what NP is doing for us.

He took over Brighton in a poor position and played negative football but hard to beat, a transfer window in and he was allowed to build a Brighton side that was now playing good football and play off contenders and eventually promotion.

This was with the backing of the owner, Tony Bloom, he's not been given that chance at forest to build a team with the support of the owners.

NP is doing this now at City, it takes time but I can see the same sort of building at City under NP that I watched at Brighton with Hughton.

True he did do a good job at Brighton but he wasn’t short of funds to spend. I have always had the feeling with Hughton that he needs a massive war chest of cash to be successful and that probably was his downfall when he was interviewed for the job here.

On 16/09/2021 at 13:12, BetterRedThanBlue said:

12 managers in 10 years for Forest, we've had 6 in the sake time period.

My opinion on Hughton hasn't changed I still think he is a good manager to me the issue with forest come from the top you can't expect success without stability and they are currently going through more then 1 manager a season.

Can you tell some of our fans this please?