IGNORED

What Scope for Transfers Next Summer?

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Sell to buy…..and don’t expect to be able to use all of the funds either!

We’re in a pretty difficult place then? How do we improve the overall squad if it’s best assets have to go?

I hope the scouting has improved and we can highlight some diamonds in the rough!

55 minutes ago, 054123 said:

We’re in a pretty difficult place then? How do we improve the overall squad if it’s best assets have to go?

I hope the scouting has improved and we can highlight some diamonds in the rough!

Yep, that’s it in a nutshell.  Might even be some surprise sales in the jan window?  A made up scenario - Pring continues his form, O’Dowda can’t get in the side, contract expiring in the summer, although club have option.  Club don’t want to excuse on current wages (Andi Weimann scenario), so ask him to accept lower wage for new deal.  No deal done….offer him to clubs.  That sounds drastic, but it seems fairly clear that £15-20k p.w contracts are no longer the norm.

10 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Yep, that’s it in a nutshell.  Might even be some surprise sales in the jan window?  A made up scenario - Pring continues his form, O’Dowda can’t get in the side, contract expiring in the summer, although club have option.  Club don’t want to excuse on current wages (Andi Weimann scenario), so ask him to accept lower wage for new deal.  No deal done….offer him to clubs.  That sounds drastic, but it seems fairly clear that £15-20k p.w contracts are no longer the norm.

I think COD needs to move on. Always been one of those players that has never really done much. Scored a worldie against Norwich( i think) but then cannot hit a 5 yard pass. If he is on anywhere near 15-20 K per week its a bye from me

8 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

I think COD needs to move on. Always been one of those players that has never really done much. Scored a worldie against Norwich( i think) but then cannot hit a 5 yard pass. If he is on anywhere near 15-20 K per week its a bye from me

I’ve obviously no idea what he’s on, but it’s got to be around the £15k p.w. mark.  Taking Callum out of the equation because it was just a hypothetical scenario….but boy we pay some wages to some average players!

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I’ve obviously no idea what he’s on, but it’s got to be around the £15k p.w. mark.  Taking Callum out of the equation because it was just a hypothetical scenario….but boy we pay some wages to some average players!

If he is on 15 grand a week the world has gone mad. Talented player on his day, but those days are as frequent as Halleys comet.

Irrespective of his wage, id move him on particularly if we get a few quid. 1.5 M / 2M for a 26 year old international? Yes please

28 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Says this on salaryreport website

Callum O'Dowda earns £8,400 per week, £436,800 per year playing for Bristol City as a AM RL. Callum O'Dowda's net worth is £1,326,520.Callum O'Dowda is 24 years old and was born in Republic of Ireland. His current contract expires June 30, 2022.

Earns ? 

47 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Callum O'Dowda earns £8,400 per week, £436,800 per year playing for Bristol City as a AM RL. Callum O'Dowda's net worth is £1,326,520.Callum O'Dowda is 24 years old and was born in Republic of Ireland. His current contract expires June 30, 2022.

I would be gobsmacked if it was as low as this.

Leaving aside the subjective debate about what he should get paid, the likes of Walsh & Moore were said to be on higher than this & seeing as unlike those 2 O’Dowda has made over 150 appearances for us & is a current international I’d expect it to be much nearer to £14k a week than £8k.

2 hours ago, JonDolman said:

Given the fact it says he was born in the ROI when he was actually born in Oxford I think I`ll take that with a pinch of salt.

2 hours ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Given the fact it says he was born in the ROI when he was actually born in Oxford I think I`ll take that with a pinch of salt.

⬇️⬇️⬇️

1 hour ago, JonDolman said:

Ha yeah not sure how they get their info. I would have thought he'd be on a little more than that.

What, a level teaspoon? No way ?

@Davefevsthe phrase ‘sustainable club’ has been used many a time by SL. Ashton certainly dashed any hopes of that.

So if the rumours are true and we’ve reduced the wage bill by 20%>30%, what further reductions are required? A further 30%? Player wages of £15m pa? 

Shows the other side of what Pearson has to achieve as well as results on the pitch. 

From what I can tell for the next 2 seasons we're good enough to sit in the bottom half of the table but above relegation, we need to sell our best players though and somehow we need to not get relegated.

We're basically on life support, the one factor in our favour is that there are other clubs that are completely dead. If they all go down this season then next season might be a bit rougher so we might want them to struggle on a bit with others going down. 

3 hours ago, Beni71 said:

@Davefevsthe phrase ‘sustainable club’ has been used many a time by SL. Ashton certainly dashed any hopes of that.

So if the rumours are true and we’ve reduced the wage bill by 20%>30%, what further reductions are required? A further 30%? Player wages of £15m pa? 

Shows the other side of what Pearson has to achieve as well as results on the pitch. 

Certainly another wage cut, not sure of numbers though.  Some will be achieved by trying to lower wages of those players on contracts who might be up for expiry.

On 16/09/2021 at 15:37, TonyTonyTony said:

Yep, that solo goal away at Norwich was simply sublime - but then just mediocre stuff the majority of the time since ... seems one of those that we could probably do without 

5 hours ago, Son of Fred said:

Sell Bentley.......

Most ???& easiest to replace....

Ashton's gone so those funds can be spent wisely?...

Jobs a good 'un..

You know it makes sense.

How much do you reckon we get for Bentley in today’s market?

I think our best money making players are probably the youngsters, Scott and Semenyo - all profit and possibly Massengo (net).

But you’re spot on re scouting / recruitment.

The other area, is coach to improve them. 

On 16/09/2021 at 15:26, Davefevs said:

Exactly, and we still have several who are on those old contracts. Cod, wells, palmer and Dasilva and quite a few others are all still on these pre covid contracts and they need to be gotten off the books, once that happens and their replacements are all on hopefully significantly less, then thats how we will rebuild the squad 

Archived