IGNORED

The lesser spotted Danny Simpson

Silvio Dante

Thought he was perfectly adequate in the two league games he played this season (Reading and Swansea).  I don’t have issues with Vyner at RB like many on here either.  Think Zak’s perfectly fine.  He has a chance to make it his career position, and will have Tanner challenging him at some point.  I don’t think we really want Kalas at RB.  But sometimes best laid plans change.  

Be interesting to see how the next few months pan out for him, James Piercy said Tanner & not Simpson was in the match day squad (but not final 18) for the Preston game, which as there has been no indication that he’s injured, would suggest he’s now third choice in what is effectively his sole position.

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

Be interesting to see how the next few months pan out for him, James Piercy said Tanner & not Simpson was in the match day squad (but not final 18) for the Preston game, which as there has been no indication that he’s injured, would suggest he’s now third choice in what is effectively his sole position.

Pretty sure that although Simpson not in “squad” nor 18 (obviously) he actually did the warm up on Saturday.  Sure it was him.  Might’ve purely been doing it to keep flexible.

Whatever the situation, sensible to have Tanner around the match day squad.

4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

It’s funny, I still ask for a quarter of sweets!!!  My great aunt used to have a sweet shop / general store on Rose Green Road in Whitehall, and she used to give us free rein on a  Sunday afternoon to fill up a big bag of whatever we wanted.

Long gone are the days of the "10p mix up". Go for the half pence sweets and you really got your money's worth!

9 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Pretty sure that although Simpson not in “squad” nor 18 (obviously) he actually did the warm up on Saturday.  Sure it was him.  Might’ve purely been doing it to keep flexible.

Whatever the situation, sensible to have Tanner around the match day squad.

Yep, but I took Piercy’s inference (maybe incorrectly?) that Tanner’s inclusion meant that any last minute issue would have seen him involved.

Obviously hypothetical now & no way of knowing either way.

3 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

Good news Slarti- soon you’ll be seen as a genius!

I'm sorry I'm strictly a "feet and inches, lbs and oz's"  guy . trouble is ,with coinage you HAD to learn or die as it was the only currency available, but with measurement and weight the two have run side by side. Talk to me about centimetres and grams, haven't a clue......what's that in English ? 

Archived