IGNORED

Can we convert Dasilva into a winger?

pl00peh91

17 minutes ago, lukebcfc1989 said:

Please show me some examples of goals where Dasilva has been exposed for goals due to his height….

He brings a lot more to the table for our game than he takes away !!!! One of our best players no doubt 

I’m a constant believer in that Jay defends the far post well aerially.  He gets his body in a good position in the main, jumps early and puts the opponent off, even if he doesn’t win it.

39 minutes ago, lukebcfc1989 said:

He is not too small to be a defender and has been more than capable in this position for 3 seasons seeing off £12 million Lloyd Kelly while on loan here in his first year to hold down that spot.

Reads the game well and is aggressive in the tackle.

Yes he is small but I that is undeniable but I very rarely see him exposed. Not sure where this is coming from tbh 

It’s just my opinion . What he had over Kelly was experience and I know who I’d prefer to have in my side !

3 hours ago, lukebcfc1989 said:

Please show me some examples of goals where Dasilva has been exposed for goals due to his height….

He brings a lot more to the table for our game than he takes away !!!! One of our best players no doubt 

He was exposed for a goal ( v Swansea I think ) where the forward just swatted him away. That was more his physique than his height and not great positioning. 
If I recall correctly he was just back from injury so a bit rusty.

He, like quite a few others, needs to up his game though. The talent and the potential is there. 

2 hours ago, Clutton Caveman said:

I would say Ashley Cole has at least 8 or 10" on him. I can't really see why he can be compared in any way with AC. Not in the same league at all

So Coke has almost a foot on Dasilva, or is this just failing to grasp what an inch actually is? A lot of men struggle with this ?

Archived