IGNORED

Team for QPR

Red Army 75

IMO this is our toughest test so far. Watched them against Bournemouth the other night and looked a very good side. And created lots of chances. So we are going to have to be right on it. After the two home games I walked away from the ground questioning the right side of the team. I expect a couple of changes for Saturday 

DB

GT              TK                   RA                 CP

MJ.                 HNM

AS                     AW                   COD

NW

Quite difficult as I feel we need some pace in the side. Time to give GT a go . If fit I wouldn’t be to unhappy with this side. Wells against his old side might give him that little bit extra and Martin looked shattered Wednesday. Quick turnaround 

17 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

IMO this is our toughest test so far. Watched them against Bournemouth the other night and looked a very good side. And created lots of chances. So we are going to have to be right on it. After the two home games I walked away from the ground questioning the right side of the team. I expect a couple of changes for Saturday 

DB

GT              TK                   RA                 CP

MJ.                 HNM

AS                     AW                   COD

NW

Quite difficult as I feel we need some pace in the side. Time to give GT a go . If fit I wouldn’t be to unhappy with this side. Wells against his old side might give him that little bit extra and Martin looked shattered Wednesday. Quick turnaround 

I think there are a couple of aspects here - what you or I would like to happen and what will happen. One thing I’m sure of with Nige is that he’s of the school (perhaps too much) of you have the shirt, you keep the shirt. So I don’t see after a goal and being voted MOM, Baker being dropped. I also think he’ll play King - and that may mean Massengo being shifted from CM.

Like you, I’d like to see COD (if fit). He’s perfect for the “wide” in the relatively narrow 4-4-1-1

I don’t think Wells did enough on Weds to justify a start - old team or not. Agree it depends on Martin’s levels though and we don’t want to flog him.

I think Pearson, from the starting 11 on Weds, will bring in King for Scott - pushing either Massengo or Weimann wide, and DaSilva for Vyner, with Kalas RB. He wants Baker, Kalas and Atkinson in the side, but still wants 4-4-1-1. Personally I’d leave Baker out of the three and play with a natural RB, but don’t think that’s what he’ll do.

Just now, Silvio Dante said:

I think there are a couple of aspects here - what you or I would like to happen and what will happen. One think I’m sure of with Nige is that he’s of the school (perhaps too much) of you have the shirt, you keep the shirt. So I don’t see after a goal and being voted MOM, Baker being dropped. I also think he’ll play King - and that may mean Massengo being shifted from CM.

Like you, I’d like to see COD (if fit). He’s perfect for the “wide” in the relatively narrow 4-4-1-1

I don’t think Wells did enough on Weds to justify a start - old team or not. Agree it depends on Martin’s levels though and we don’t want to flog him.

I think Pearson, from the starting 11 on Weds, will bring in King for Scott - pushing either Massengo or Weimann wide, and DaSilva for Vyner, with Kalas RB. He wants Baker, Kalas and Atkinson in the side, but still wants 4-4-1-1. Personally I’d leave Baker out of the three and play with a natural RB, but don’t think that’s what he’ll do.

Agree with this, no way Baker gets dropped. Nige has already said what a great job he's done this season already.

He also said when players who are left out get their chance they have to take it or they'll be left out again. Going off that I doubt Nahki will even be on the bench at QPR.

I think there are a couple of aspects here - what you or I would like to happen and what will happen. One think I’m sure of with Nige is that he’s of the school (perhaps too much) of you have the shirt, you keep the shirt. So I don’t see after a goal and being voted MOM, Baker being dropped. I also think he’ll play King - and that may mean Massengo being shifted from CM.

Very good points. The options we have for the left side when all fit are encouraging and some good combinations. And Baker has done well left back. It was just the amount of games in my thinking. 

@Silvio Dante Spot on.

I think the only certain change is Scott won’t play (I have a feeling that he won’t even be in the squad).

I mistakenly thought we had a midweek game next week but we don’t, so even though I 100% get the “don’t flog Martin” aspect, with Wells doing little to justify a recall, I expect him to start.

Even though we were poor I think the changes will be minimal, definitely King for Scott, with HNM shifted to the right, but after that if Dasilva starts personally I think it more likely to be instead of Pring rather than Baker or Vyner & does he change it at RB? Go with Tanner or Simpson?

My hunch is possibly just one change, King for Scott.

1 minute ago, GrahamC said:

@Silvio Dante Spot on.

I think the only certain change is Scott won’t play (I have a feeling that he won’t even be in the squad).

I mistakenly thought we had a midweek game next week but we don’t, so even though I 100% get the “don’t flog Martin” aspect, with Wells doing little to justify a recall, I expect him to start.

Even though we were poor I think the changes will be minimal, definitely King for Scott, with HNM shifted to the right, after that if Dasilva starts I think it more likely to be instead of Pring rather than Baker & does he change it at RB?

My hunch is just one change, King for Scott.

Do you think Vyner will start Saturday. After being benched at half time. He struggles against pace IE Middlesbrough. And I feel QPR could do the same. Plus I think he has been poor recently 

1 minute ago, Red Army 75 said:

Do you think Vyner will start Saturday. After being benched at half time. He struggles against pace IE Middlesbrough. And I feel QPR could do the same. Plus I think he has been poor recently 

I don’t know, is the honest answer.

I know I’m in the minority but I didn’t think he was any poorer than many others v Luton (didn’t see Boro but understand he had a shocker), his crossing was poor but with Scott in front of him having a torrid time, he had absolutely no support.

Personally I think Kalas is our best CB, so cannot understand a situation where you would start a game with him at RB, making changes to react during a game is totally different.

I have never seen Tanner play, so cannot comment on him but if we are to make a change there then to me either he or Simpson comes in, you don’t switch your best CB.

2 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

@Silvio Dante Spot on.

Even though we were poor I think the changes will be minimal, definitely King for Scott, with HNM shifted to the right, after that if Dasilva starts I think it more likely to be instead of Pring rather than Baker & does he change it at RB?

My hunch is just one change, King for Scott.

I think that ones nailed on. If I could get odds I’d bet my house on it!

My only thinking on the DaSilva change is that NP is clearly not sold on our RB options - Vyners not been picked consistently there and was hooked on Weds, and Simpsons now not making the squad.

I think also of the Tanner comments “We were looking at RB in a couple of windows time but the opportunity presented itself”. That says to me NP can’t see Zak as the long term answer, and was hoping (probably incorrectly) that DS could hold the position down until we had someone available. So it’s basically putting “someone” there who can do a job until Tanners ready - and Kalas has played there previously.

I think in NPs current mind we have three defenders he wants in the side - Baker, Kalas, Atkinson. It’s then whether you play a LB or a RB and how you shift those three around. And DaSilva or Pring at LB is a better option than Vyner at RB

2 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

I don’t know, is the honest answer.

I know I’m in the minority but I didn’t think he was any poorer than many others v Luton (didn’t see Boro but understand he had a shocker), his crossing was poor but with Scott in front of him having a torrid time, he had absolutely no support.

Personally I think Kalas is our best CB, so cannot understand a situation where you would start a game with him at RB, making changes to react during a game is totally different.

I have never seen Tanner play, so cannot comment on him but if we are to make a change there then to me either he or Simpson comes in, you don’t switch your best CB.

Good points again 

I think that ones nailed on. If I could get odds I’d bet my house on it!

My only thinking on the DaSilva change is that NP is clearly not sold on our RB options - Vyners not been picked consistently there and was hooked on Weds, and Simpsons now not making the squad.

I think also of the Tanner comments “We were looking at RB in a couple of windows time but the opportunity presented itself”. That says to me NP can’t see Zak as the long term answer, and was hoping (probably incorrectly) that DS could hold the position down until we had someone available. So it’s basically putting “someone” there who can do a job until Tanners ready - and Kalas has played there previously.

I think in NPs current mind we have three defenders he wants in the side - Baker, Kalas, Atkinson. It’s then whether you play a LB or a RB and how you shift those three around. And DaSilva or Pring at LB is a better option than Vyner at RB

100%.

This is a forum, it is all about opinions, to me you pick your best CB (Kalas) in his best position & go from there.

However Nige actually decides ?& your point about him wanting those 3 in his side is correct, he is blatantly a Baker fan (probably sees a bit of himself as a player in him?) & wants him in the team if at all possible.

My last point, Nige might not know this but Dasilva had an absolute shocker up there last year & got hooked at HT, Rowe replacing him was a big reason why we won, along with one of COD’s (sadly) twice a season performances..

Maybe this

DB   

GT.                 TK.               RA.               NB

MJ.              AK

HNM                  AS                     CP

AW

3 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

100%.

This is a forum, it is all about opinions, to me you pick your best CB (Kalas) in his best position & go from there.

However Nige actually decides ?& your point about him wanting those 3 in his side is correct, he is blatantly a Baker fan (probably sees a bit of himself as a player in him?) & wants him in the team if at all possible.

My last point, Nige might not know this but Dasilva had an absolute shocker up there last year & got hooked at HT, Rowe replacing him was a big reason why we won, along with one of COD’s (sadly) twice a season performances..

Just to say - I totally agree you play your best CB at CB. To me, our best pairing is Kalas and Atkinson and it’s just hard lines on Baker. 

3 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Just to say - I totally agree you play your best CB at CB. To me, our best pairing is Kalas and Atkinson and it’s just hard lines on Baker. 

No it’s not hard lines at all - Baker started his career as a LB and played CB at Villa. Now he’s returned to his original position.

If we play Tanner, he will be our 4th right back of the season. Bearing in mind none of them have been injured, that must be a record for September.

NP clearly a massive NB fan.  It wouldn't surprise me at all if he keeps him at left back.

I couldn't really work out if moving Kalas to right back was what tightened us up on Weds or was just coincidence.  I did still feel that in the 2nd half their best moves were down our right & TK not much of an improvement on the ball (there was 1 point when the ball came to him in space from a corner. He was in a really good position but to avoid using his left he crossed with the outside of his right & it flew over everyone's heads.

15 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

100%.

I think it's possibly that he loves his attitude that Nige likes the most.  He's willing to do whatever is necessary for the team irrespective of what it means for him.  

I would go with the back 4 that finished the Luton game with Kalas right back, De Silva left back and Atkinson and Baker in the middle.  I can also see King coming back into the Centre of midfield and Massengo going back to the right. O’Dowda if fit could then come back in for Pring.

Bentley 

Kalas         Atkinson                  Baker        De Silva

James.                     King

Massengo            Weimann.        O’Dowda/Pring

Martin

I think the only changes from the side that started at home to Luton will be Vyner and Scott out; Simpson and King in. 

Bentley; Simpson, Kalas, Atkinson, Baker; James, King; Massengo, Weimann, Pring; Martin. 

In many ways, I think QPR away could suit the way we're set up at the moment. If nothing else, we're organised, difficult to break down and committed. Despite our excellent recent record at Loftus Road, tomorrow will be a really difficult game for us and where we are right now. 

I'd like to see Tanner given a start, although it could be a baptism of fire for him, along with Semenyo, Wells and possibly Dasilva. But then we run the risk of being too open against a bloody good side. 

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE not Baker at left back ? 

He might have been MOTM officially but that was prob due to the goal, he still looked shaky at left back and needs to stay centrally. Pearson has a tough decision to make choosing 2 from Kalas, Atkinson or Baker but he won’t go back to a back 3. A better option would be to keep Kalas at right back if he really needs to play them all and JD/Pring at left back

If you pick our “best players “ Bentley Kalas Atkinson Baker DeSilva Massengo James Weimar Martin King and Pring would probably get in.

Trouble is it’s weak on the right, no one playing 10, no goal scorer and no one to open the door.It also means some players must play out of their favourite position. I’ll listen to the radio Bristol fans who are always right after the event!

1 hour ago, MSN Red said:

I would go with the back 4 that finished the Luton game with Kalas right back, De Silva left back and Atkinson and Baker in the middle.  I can also see King coming back into the Centre of midfield and Massengo going back to the right. O’Dowda if fit could then come back in for Pring.

Bentley 

Kalas         Atkinson                  Baker        De Silva

James.                     King

Massengo            Weimann.        O’Dowda/Pring

Martin

I have never seen anyone get Dasilva's name so wrong :laughcont:

2 hours ago, OneTeamInBristol said:

Did full training before Luton game so expect he will be available for Saturday.

Let us hope he does get some game time. I know there are many on here that are a bit negative with COD. But I think he will do well if NP gives a chance to come on for the second half.

8 minutes ago, Hampshire reds said:

Apart from young lads we dont really have any options to change things up front. should have got a striker in. instead of wasting money on simpson who was not in the squad at all against luton. i know money is tight but we should be looking at the free agent market. the last 2 home games showed me we need to do something 

I think having Simpson in the squad vs a striker who can come in is a totally false comparison, even on a free agent basis. You’re talking a back up right back against a striker who needs to be better than Martin or Wells. Even as a free agent, the amount of wages anticipated there isn’t just slightly different, it’s astronomical.

Show me a free agent striker who’d come in for Simpsons wages that could improve the side and I’ll give you the money myself.

Both us and QPR are unbeaten at home and they have only won one at home. Still too early on to see who we should and shouldn't beat but I would be chuffed with even a point here. 

Think people are expecting Vyner to be out the side and be interesting to see if we get Tanner playing against perhaps our strongest test so far.

Archived