IGNORED

Team for QPR

Red Army 75

4 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

I think there are a couple of aspects here - what you or I would like to happen and what will happen. One thing I’m sure of with Nige is that he’s of the school (perhaps too much) of you have the shirt, you keep the shirt. So I don’t see after a goal and being voted MOM, Baker being dropped. I also think he’ll play King - and that may mean Massengo being shifted from CM.

Like you, I’d like to see COD (if fit). He’s perfect for the “wide” in the relatively narrow 4-4-1-1

I don’t think Wells did enough on Weds to justify a start - old team or not. Agree it depends on Martin’s levels though and we don’t want to flog him.

I think Pearson, from the starting 11 on Weds, will bring in King for Scott - pushing either Massengo or Weimann wide, and DaSilva for Vyner, with Kalas RB. He wants Baker, Kalas and Atkinson in the side, but still wants 4-4-1-1. Personally I’d leave Baker out of the three and play with a natural RB, but don’t think that’s what he’ll do.

⬇️⬇️⬇️

4 hours ago, JonDolman said:

I don't think O'Dowda will start as he's only just got back to full training. But Nige talked about him the other day and has said in the past he is a key player for us.

I think that could well end up being our left side once O'Dowda is back ready to start.

It would be interested to see Weimann up there with Wells. I think Scott would offer more creativity in that 10 role.

Semenyo has to start for me. Either wide or up top.

I don’t think he will either, but….do either you or Silvio think he might get minutes on the RW/RM.. I don’t think anyone has grasped the nettle oin that position, and whilst Pring is playing well might COD get his initial chance on the right.  I think it might suit him.

4 hours ago, GrahamC said:

I don’t know, is the honest answer.

I know I’m in the minority but I didn’t think he was any poorer than many others v Luton (didn’t see Boro but understand he had a shocker), his crossing was poor but with Scott in front of him having a torrid time, he had absolutely no support.

Personally I think Kalas is our best CB, so cannot understand a situation where you would start a game with him at RB, making changes to react during a game is totally different.

I have never seen Tanner play, so cannot comment on him but if we are to make a change there then to me either he or Simpson comes in, you don’t switch your best CB.

If you watched 30/40 video clips of Tanner v Hartlepool you’d have him nowhere near the team….???….but he is better than that, evidenced from other stuff I’ve seen and commentary from others.

4 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

I think that ones nailed on. If I could get odds I’d bet my house on it!

My only thinking on the DaSilva change is that NP is clearly not sold on our RB options - Vyners not been picked consistently there and was hooked on Weds, and Simpsons now not making the squad.

I think also of the Tanner comments “We were looking at RB in a couple of windows time but the opportunity presented itself”. That says to me NP can’t see Zak as the long term answer, and was hoping (probably incorrectly) that DS could hold the position down until we had someone available. So it’s basically putting “someone” there who can do a job until Tanners ready - and Kalas has played there previously.

I think in NPs current mind we have three defenders he wants in the side - Baker, Kalas, Atkinson. It’s then whether you play a LB or a RB and how you shift those three around. And DaSilva or Pring at LB is a better option than Vyner at RB

I read that differently.  Simpson is here until next summer…a couple of windows away. Tanner is Simpson’s replacement in the forward planning, brought in earlier than expected….but done with a view to giving Vyner the opportunity to be a “career RB”.  Maybe he’s having doubts, I don’t think so myself.  Vyner’s had a mix set of games so far this season, but Boro was his only bad one….he’s trended around “average” imho.  Was good at Cardiff.  He was loose with his passing v Luton (from a retrospective look from me), but he defended capably.

Re QPR, playing WBs, they’ve got Sam McCallum at LWB….he’s a bit fast, furious and physical, if not always that composed on the ball.  He gave Semenyo a really hard afternoon at Coventry (a) last season.

On the other side it’s Kakay or Odubajo, so no necessity for Baker at LB per se.

In an ideal world I wouldn’t be playing Kalas at RB….I think he’s worth more to us at CB, than the hope that he gives us more than Vyner, Simpson or Tanner, enough to counter the loss of him at CB.  But I see the rationale if it’s to get better balance overall, e.g. Dasilva.

Ultimately, I’m pretty comfortable with any line-up Nige picks at the mo’.  Would not be surprised to see Joe Williams makes the 18, COD might be in the travelling squad.  Think our midfield 4 will have a big say in how we do.  Willock will drop into pockets and between him and Chair, their fluidity will cause us issues if we don’t communicate and pass on runners.

13 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

I think having Simpson in the squad vs a striker who can come in is a totally false comparison, even on a free agent basis. You’re talking a back up right back against a striker who needs to be better than Martin or Wells. Even as a free agent, the amount of wages anticipated there isn’t just slightly different, it’s astronomical.

Show me a free agent striker who’d come in for Simpsons wages that could improve the side and I’ll give you the money myself.

What you said!

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

⬇️⬇️⬇️

I don’t think he will either, but….do either you or Silvio think he might get minutes on the RW/RM.. I don’t think anyone has grasped the nettle oin that position, and whilst Pring is playing well might COD get his initial chance on the right.  I think it might suit him.

I think he might. We’re set up pretty narrow on the whole and a LCM (naturally) playing on the right as we’re set up isn’t as daft as it sounds. It allows the overload in the centre where needed, but I also think he’d have more positional discipline (being used to playing wider) than Han-Noah when he’s stationed there. I also think he can offer something defensively. 

If he was a pure “winger” I’d say no. But I think he’s not a winger (now, irrespective of what he was in the past) more as I said a LCM.

The concern with Pring is not of his making - it’s the fact with Baker and him that side it’s just not that creative. I’ve already said I’d prefer Kalas at CB, but if we said a 4 across the back of Kalas-Atkinson-Baker-DaSilva and a four across midfield of O’Dowda-Massengo(King)-James-Pring it looks both a bit more incisively set up than we have been but is also pretty solid defensively 

1 hour ago, Silvio Dante said:

I think having Simpson in the squad vs a striker who can come in is a totally false comparison, even on a free agent basis. You’re talking a back up right back against a striker who needs to be better than Martin or Wells. Even as a free agent, the amount of wages anticipated there isn’t just slightly different, it’s astronomical.

Show me a free agent striker who’d come in for Simpsons wages that could improve the side and I’ll give you the money myself.

So true.

Another Rodri? Wish we’d been in for Leon Clarke, eh?

Honestly you couldn’t make this shit up.

7 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

The concern with Pring is not of his making - it’s the fact with Baker and him that side it’s just not that creative. I’ve already said I’d prefer Kalas at CB, but if we said a 4 across the back of Kalas-Atkinson-Baker-DaSilva and a four across midfield of O’Dowda-Massengo(King)-James-Pring it looks both a bit more incisively set up than we have been but is also pretty solid defensively 

Looks alright dunnit?  Gives us options too.

Ive said a few times I’d really like to see Antoine play centrally. I’m not saying he’s a Chris Martin “cover” but I do think he can offer something different to Weimann and Wells.

2 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

So true.

Another Rodri? Wish we’d been in for Leon Clarke, eh?

Honestly you couldn’t make this shit up.

Out long term isn’t he?

16 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

He also seems to think Kalas’s long throws is a good idea, so I question his judgement.

I’m hoping that Nige tells Kalas to use the long throw far more sparingly. It’s lost it’s surprise factor. 

Very rarely doesn’t anything come of it.

2 hours ago, Hampshire reds said:

Apart from young lads we dont really have any options to change things up front. should have got a striker in. instead of wasting money on simpson who was not in the squad at all against luton. i know money is tight but we should be looking at the free agent market. the last 2 home games showed me we need to do something 

Baring in mind Tanner only came in late, and you've openly said Zac is not a fullback, you'd rather of signed a striker over Simpson? I think you're someone who just is never happy.

-I'd like to see a few changes tomorrow. Not a full scale overhaul but we've not been at our best the last couple of games and, given we only played Wednesday and QPR played Tuesday, I think this might be a game to give some of the players on the fringes a chance to stake a claim.

Where I'm struggling is exactly who that is. I wonder if Weimann could use a rest but Wells didn't set the world alight on Wednesday and him and Martin don't quite work for me as a combination. It's hard to see Baker, Atkinson or Kalas  being dropped so maybe Kalas will go right back. I certainly reckon King will be back.

I think this is the team I expect:

---------------Bentley

Kalas----Atkinson---Baker----Dasilva

-----------James----King

Massengo-------------------Pring

----------Weimann---Martin

Whereas I think I'd like to see:

-----------------Bentley

Kalas-----Atkinson----Baker------Pring

----------James-------King

-----Semenyo-------------Massengo

-----------------Scott*

-----------------Martin

*Scott struggled on Wednesday but was out of position. This selection is absolutely not a reflection on Weimann. I just honestly think a rest tomorrow would get Weimann to be at his best for Fulham and Millwall. 

Whoever we put out, I fear we are in for a difficult afternoon.

QPR have some imagination in their game and some physicality. 

I would like to see us freshen up a bit (perhaps Semenyo, Dasilva, Wells, even Palmer all starting). We were so leaden on Wednesday. But I'm not sure that sort of shake up is in NP's DNA though. 

I don't think now is the time to go for it, against a good side. Plus options are limited and Pearson doesn't like changing too much, so.

I would like to see Nhaki up front
I'd bring King back in and maybe Simpson , depending on why he's not been around much.
If COD still isn't fit I don't see any other changes. 

I really don't see us getting much from the game.

1 hour ago, LondonBristolian said:

-I'd like to see a few changes tomorrow. Not a full scale overhaul but we've not been at our best the last couple of games and, given we only played Wednesday and QPR played Tuesday, I think this might be a game to give some of the players on the fringes a chance to stake a claim.

Where I'm struggling is exactly who that is. I wonder if Weimann could use a rest but Wells didn't set the world alight on Wednesday and him and Martin don't quite work for me as a combination. It's hard to see Baker, Atkinson or Kalas  being dropped so maybe Kalas will go right back. I certainly reckon King will be back.

I think this is the team I expect:

---------------Bentley

Kalas----Atkinson---Baker----Dasilva

-----------James----King

Massengo-------------------Pring

----------Weimann---Martin

Whereas I think I'd like to see:

-----------------Bentley

Kalas-----Atkinson----Baker------Pring

----------James-------King

-----Semenyo-------------Massengo

-----------------Scott*

-----------------Martin

*Scott struggled on Wednesday but was out of position. This selection is absolutely not a reflection on Weimann. I just honestly think a rest tomorrow would get Weimann to be at his best for Fulham and Millwall. 

Can see where you are coming from but wouldn't drop Weimann for an away game. He is far more effective away from home where he can find more space.

Would go for this personally 

Bentley

vyner       Kalas      Atkinson     Dasilva 

James     Massengo 

Semenyo      Weimann        Pring 

Wells 

feel we need to have a bit more pace and be more dynamic going forward , Dasilva did well when he came on by getting a assist , Martin was poor and needs a rest IMO and semenyo In for Scott to add some more pace and excitement going forward 

If O’Dowda and Semenyo are both good to go, this team could be interesting. Of course it depends on how viable Kalas is at RB

Bentley 

Kalas  Atkinson  Baker  Pring

Massengo         James

Semenyo    Weimann      O’Dowda

Martin

13 hours ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Both us and QPR are unbeaten at home and they have only won one at home. Still too early on to see who we should and shouldn't beat but I would be chuffed with even a point here. 

Think people are expecting Vyner to be out the side and be interesting to see if we get Tanner playing against perhaps our strongest test so far.

Swansea?

Bentley

Tanner.      Kalas.       Atkinson.     Pring

Massengo.           James

Semenyo             Scott                O'Dowda

Martin

Is probably our best line up but were not ready for this just yet..

Archived