IGNORED

Scrumpy

Redandproud

During the pandemic, Arsenal first put Gunnarsauraus on furlough before finally making him redundant. He only got his job back when Mesut Ozil paid his wages for a period. My guess is that the club still have Scrumpy on furlough and will bring him back soon.

(NB - I’m aware Gunnarsauraus is not a real dinosaur and Scrumpy not a real Robin, I’m clearly referring to the people in the suits before someone pulls me up on that!)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Robin 1

2 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

During the pandemic, Arsenal first put Gunnarsauraus on furlough before finally making him redundant. He only got his job back when Mesut Ozil paid his wages for a period. My guess is that the club still have Scrumpy on furlough and will bring him back soon.

(NB - I’m aware Gunnarsauraus is not a real dinosaur and Scrumpy not a real Robin, I’m clearly referring to the people in the suits before someone pulls me up on that!)

Next you’ll tell me Father Christmas isn’t real

38 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

That'll be the Arsenal that pleaded poverty then spent over £140m in the transfer window.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Silvio Dante said:

Did we actually pay? I thought free ticket and a half time pie would have done it?

2 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

Scrumpty used to be a bloke called Dave (not me btw).

When we used to sit in the wheelchair tin shack on the corner of the Williams / Atyeo, just after half-time this bloke (and his kid) in his City tracksuit used to come and sit in our section and I had no idea who he was or why he sat with us.  So I asked Rob the Wheelchair Supporters Liaison who he was.  He said, that is Scrumpy off-duty!!,

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

I would love to believe that the role of Scrumpy is a full time permanent salaried position, an employee who could be furloughed, rather than a mate of the tea lady doing us a favour in return for a half time pasty and a cup of Bovril.

Yes, I am choosing to believe that is true, the world just seems better that way. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Robin 1

I remember an away day at Blackpool, where I knew the guy who was Scrumpy at the time. He came and stood with us for the match, after taking his head off he produced a bottle with vodka and orange in, which was nice. Which was not my only claim to fame that day as some of the City squad came to watch with us including a certain Lee Johnson.

7 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

The NB made genuine comedy gold. Made me actually laugh out loud. 

4 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Scrumpty used to be a bloke called Dave (not me btw).

When we used to sit in the wheelchair tin shack on the corner of the Williams / Atyeo, just after half-time this bloke (and his kid) in his City tracksuit used to come and sit in our section and I had no idea who he was or why he sat with us.  So I asked Rob the Wheelchair Supporters Liaison who he was.  He said, that is Scrumpy off-duty!!,

That Dave is a mate of mine, lives in Keynsham and is a top fella. He jacked it in around 2018/19, I think. Still goes to the games, just not dressed as a Robin! 

• Like 1