IGNORED

Bristol 10k and Half Marathon 2021

CyderInACan

1 hour ago, Rob k said:

Yep I’m running as part of training for London Marathon 

Miles off where i was pre covid though, i just don’t seem to be able to get close, it feels as if I’ve gone back 2 years ??

Good luck 

Same here. Last year I was running pretty much most days. This year, well, since about March, I’ve really lost a lost of motivation. Looking forward to Sunday tho. Good luck to you too. 

1 hour ago, Silvio Dante said:

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/news/bristol-news/omer-ahmed-bristol-half-marathon-5938519

This may explain it ?

Edit: Has now been disqualified…

Been some strange race results last couple of weekends - was reading about the guy who won the Brighton Marathon.  He beat his PB by 1 hour (WTF?) - but then the organisers realised they'd made the race 500m too long.   He won by overtaking the leader with 200m to spare. So infact he didn't win it.. 

No way you could run a half marathon thinking you were doing a 10k, sounds like he just tried to wing a late entry. Imagine winning it by default though!!

Didn't Brighton get in trouble before with duff measurements or was that somewhere else in the uk? you would think thats the first thing they would absolitely make sure is right?? Even in my village 5k we go out and remeasure every year just in case??

Archived