IGNORED

Queens Park Rangers away match-day thread

2 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

It makes the home performances all the more frustrating.  Pearson got it right today, but sadly he got it wrong against Preston and Luton.  Great win though!

It is frustrating, I agree with you, but clearly, just judging by 3 wins out of 4 away and 0 wins out of 4 at home (only 1 defeat though) we are clearly a team that is set up to play counter attacking football. It's going to take time to change that style for home games. Not saying we shouldn't win a home game ever again, mind, but consistent home wins and even performances tbh are not just around the corner imo.

• Robin 1
2 minutes ago, ProfitInMyPocket said:

Bentley, Massengo and Kalas too - wow, what performances.

We've been having these types of performances away from home for a couple years now even before Nige. It's time to sort the home performances now. 

Bakinson and Tanner first minutes this season, thought they played well, I bet they are knackered.

Good subs today, all played well off the bench.

QPR best side we've played this season and we played our usual away performance with the smash and grab which I'm all for but until home performances change I'm still going to be wary.

If we could play like them at home with their attacking intent and the pace they play the ball around at, we'd be a proper proper team.

How long did it take Warburton to get QPR to where they are today (notwithstanding the fact we mugged them)? That's what supporters need to be mindful of, it wasn't a five minute job. He's a good Manager, knows what he's doing, but it took him TIME.

• Like 12
  • Flames 3
2 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

How long did it take Warburton to get QPR to where they are today (notwithstanding the fact we mugged them)? That's what supporters need to be mindful of, it wasn't a five minute job. He's a good Manager, knows what he's doing, but it took him TIME.

There have been QPR fans calling for his head for a while. My mates could see he was building something and he was hamstrung by finances. I think they'll go close this year, they look a very good footballing side.

• Thanks 2
3 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

QPR haven't had a sudden change of style, they played the same way ever since Warburton came in, they've just improved the quality of the players in that time period. We robbed them at Loftus Road last year the exact same. 

I'm all for giving time to every manager but would just like to see a bit more attacking intent at Ashton Gate. Too rigid and has been that way for years.

Just now, ProfitInMyPocket said:

QPR haven't had a sudden change of style, they played the same way ever since Warburton came in, they've just improved the quality of the players in that time period. We robbed them at Loftus Road last year the exact same. 

I'm all for giving time to every manager but would just like to see a bit more attacking intent at Ashton Gate. Too rigid and has been that way for years.

Not a change of style, they are just an improved team. Forget us being on the same points as them, they will be challenging top 6 this year imo.

4 hours ago, BarneyN said:

My first ever away game.  On the train with my kids and looking forward to it.  I’ve explained to them that we need to make some noise and it will be a different experience to the family section at Home.

Hoping that the restricted view warning on our tickets doesn’t spoil it for us.  

Hey Barney..............you will have to go to some more away games?   You and your kids are obviously our lucky mascots! Ha! ?

• Robin 1