IGNORED

Queens Park Rangers away match-day thread

56 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Just sweet that we scored late in injury time to steal the points when it’s happened so often to us.

Not only that but it was R’s hero Wells who scored. Who writes these scripts?

Days like today make you realise why Def Leppard wrote ‘ When love and hate collide’.

It was absolute robbery, no doubt. Bentley was other-worldly. Kalas excellent, Massengo showed some class. And then the winner...THE LIMBS

Missed the game today, was on godfather duty. What a finish that is from Nahki.

I’m not at all surprised to see us win today. It’s a happy hunting ground, we knew QPR would take the game to us (and that brings the best out in us), and the togetherness of this squad is a pleasure to see.

We know our limitations and there’s plenty of room for improvement, but this is game eight into a three-year project. Gutted I wasn’t there to enjoy it. 

• Like 1

Not our best performance this season but far from our worst. Bentley and Massengo (again) outstanding. Bakinson played well and there was, a decent debut for Tanner despite the lack of cover he got in the first half. The subs Dasilva, Semenyo and Wells all made a impact, not the least when Semenyo and Wells linked superbly for the winner. Despite the moaning Minnie's around me we won so revel in that. Top class performances to go alongside wins can come later. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
47 minutes ago, tin said:

I’m not at all surprised to see us win today. It’s a happy hunting ground, we knew QPR would take the game to us (and that brings the best out in us), and the togetherness of this squad is a pleasure to see.

Our win was simply down to Bentley (so they say).

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/forum/276639/why-do-opposition-keepers-turn-iworld-class-against-us/#8

1 hour ago, Nathandao said:

Where’s the poo reaction gone? I have never seen a more worthy post. Cheer up. We just scored an extra time winner away.

Read again and maybe you will elevate yourself.

I think my points are okay and you just don't see the bigger picture. You are that fan that gets concerned only when you lose. I AM TIRED of these quotes. If it would be that bad more people would say the same useless words like you did.

I am happy that we got 3 points, we just don't look like a winning side. Wins like this can boost our team morale and they can start dominate some of their opponents when they trust themselves more than ever.

But we still had a bad game and the odds were in our favor. Is that wrong what I say ? Especially when I said that I am happy for the win but a little bit concerned about our football on the pitch this week.

If you have smart things to say, I would love to hear them but every time when I see posts like this I won't ignore and let you and others "make fun" of me, especially when I am 100% sure that my thoughts are correct.

A fan/supporter is happy for the win but thinks about the football also, not only about the results. If we gonna win 5 games like that you will start to talk about promotion but wins like this can't be managed on a long turn if we play in the same manner. I am 100% sure Nigel Pearson thinks the same.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
32 minutes ago, Mihai said:

Read again and maybe you will elevate yourself.

I think my points are okay and you just don't see the bigger picture. You are that fan that gets concerned only when you lose. I AM TIRED of these quotes. If it would be that bad more people would say the same useless words like you did.

I am happy that we got 3 points, we just don't look like a winning side. Wins like this can boost our team morale and they can start dominate some of their opponents when they trust themselves more than ever.

But we still had a bad game and the odds were in our favor. Is that wrong what I say ? Especially when I said that I am happy for the win but a little bit concerned about our football on the pitch this week.

If you have smart things to say, I would love to hear them but every time when I see posts like this I won't ignore and let you and others "make fun" of me, especially when I am 100% sure that my thoughts are correct.

A fan/supporter is happy for the win but thinks about the football also, not only about the results. If we gonna win 5 games like that you will start to talk about promotion but wins like this can't be managed on a long turn if we play in the same manner. I am 100% sure Nigel Pearson thinks the same.

I actually agree with your main point. In the last two matches we got four points, having conceded 44 shots. The law of averages will catch us out if anything like that continues.

Equally as a football fan of a club that is rebuilding in difficult times, results like today are huge. They give Nige time, away from the pressure of looking too closely at the bottom. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, 22A said:

If they’d only taken the trouble to look on this forum they would have known that cannot be the reason as Bentley is not good enough and isn’t a Championship level goalkeeper.

• Haha 1

What a brilliant result. I’m overjoyed that we won today. I was feeling pretty gloomy since the Luton game and wasn’t expecting us to win today. Well done to NP and the squad. 

Looking at the highlights, what great finishes from both Martin and Wells, especially the latter where he had a long time to think about where he was going to place it and kept a cool head. Also it’s good to see us counter attack at pace. 

• Like 1

It wasn't the most complete of performances but a few standout performers for me - Bentley, Massengo, Kalas, Weimann and of course Wells. Loved the scenes for the Winner at the end. 

I don't think we were as bad as some are making out to be honest, certainly far better than the Luton match. QPR were always going to have lots of possession and chances but as an away side you have to ride your luck at times, and take your chances when they come, which we did

• Like 4

Not entirely sure how we won but Bentley kept us alive, Wells for the first time produced a super finish to give the impression he may yet make a striker and HNM was head and shoulders the finest player on the park.

Big up to Pearson for bringing both Wells and Semenyo (decent cameo) on to take the game to them and go for the win. What a relief from the 'desperately try and shore up and scrape a point' we've had for the past few years.

Away fans - FP. Best away celebration at the end for some time. I get the impression Pearson and the players appreciated the reaction.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

We couldn’t complain if we’d lost that match 3 or 4-1 (well, we would have complained but for a different reason). But it was just one of those games. We created three chances (Atkinson’s header was the other) and we were outplayed in parts by a tidy side.

But winning when you shouldn’t is a massive bonus and lifts the gloom surrounding last Wednesday. We are quite dull to watch but there have been a few joyous moments this season to keep up the spirits…and few more joyous than the few seconds after Wells arrowed that chance into the corner of the net today.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
39 minutes ago, firstdivision said:

We couldn’t complain if we’d lost that match 3 or 4-1 (well, we would have complained but for a different reason). But it was just one of those games. We created three chances (Atkinson’s header was the other) and we were outplayed in parts by a tidy side.

But winning when you shouldn’t is a massive bonus and lifts the gloom surrounding last Wednesday. We are quite dull to watch but there have been a few joyous moments this season to keep up the spirits…and few more joyous than the few seconds after Wells arrowed that chance into the corner of the net today.

On top of that, you could reasonably argue we should have got 2 more points than we did against Blackpool and a point more than we did against Swansea. A win in a game we might have lost just evens us up to where we should be points wise…

• Like 1