IGNORED

Massengo

Jimbo76

1 hour ago, firstdivision said:

He’s in the third year of a four-year contract. Realistically, I can’t see him signing a new one so I presume we’ll have to sell him at the end of the season to cash in on his value.

I know we can get a fee at the end of his four years because of his age - as long as we offer him a new contract - but it won’t be as big as the one we could get next summer. Enjoy him while we can. He was excellent today. But not as good as he’s likely to become.

The good thing is that Han likes English football and Bristol City.

Walked back to the tube with a lot of very disappointed QPR fans slagging us off……but then all agreeing they’d love to have Massengo in their team.

i haven’t read everything here but has his injury been mentioned? Was really struggling at the end, couldn’t even run with the ball, just hoofed it when it came to him. He was clutching his leg but not sure what happened.

1 hour ago, westex red said:

HNM has come of age, what a young superb player he is, NP has brought him on leaps and bounds, let's hope we keep him, and not sell like we usually do!

1 hour ago, Northern Red said:

Holden didn't have a clue how to use him, as he'd probably admit himself.

1 hour ago, tin said:

Holden didn’t have a clue, full stop. Fortunately Nige does.

Three posts that pretty much sum up what’s gone on! I’ll throw LJ into that mix too!

35 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

The good thing is that Han likes English football and Bristol City.

That might be the case but I can’t see that it would be in his interests to sign a new contract, so our best financial option would probably be to sell him next summer - obviously depends on who’s interested and how much but, as you know, that’s the cold hard reality of the modern game.

7 minutes ago, firstdivision said:

That might be the case but I can’t see that it would be in his interests to sign a new contract, so our best financial option would probably be to sell him next summer - obviously depends on who’s interested and how much but, as you know, that’s the cold hard reality of the modern game.

Sell and loan back for a year? ?

Chelsea/Liverpool can have him in the long run, but we get another year.

6 hours ago, One Team said:

So good deserves two chants IMHO, that Thiago Alcantara one to Cuba by The Gibson Brothers would be good:

You run with a football like nobody does

The first time I saw you I knew it was love

Han No AH! Han Noah Mass-en-go-AH! 

?

I would love a better song for Han Noah. The lack of originality on the hair fiicjing massive is embarrassing 

I get it needs to be well known but it’s not ours

6 hours ago, fairweather said:

I would love a better song for Han Noah. The lack of originality on the hair fiicjing massive is embarrassing 

I get it needs to be well known but it’s not ours

I’d agree, although most of our chants aren’t original, including my own here! ? 

8 men had a dream maybe? East End arising? 

The only genuinely original suggestion I’ve heard of late is the one @Shtanley suggested on OSIB for Semenyo using Danny Nedelko. 

7 hours ago, firstdivision said:

I think at least now under NP he’s playing regularly and playing well so I’d we are to have any chance of him signing a new contract it’s now 

12 hours ago, Ostrich said:

Still at only 21 and with a year left on his contract there will likely be top flight clubs across Europe taking a keen interest next summer if he continues to perform well and improve. Someone like Wolves that are going to be desperate for midfielders next summer might see it as well worth it. He’s still got a lot to do to get to the level needed in the PL every week but the ingredients are there

That's the problem, being French there's a chance that one of the top Ligue Une clubs comes in... 

9 hours ago, firstdivision said:

I don't understand the negativity, and before anyone shouts realism it's not because no one on this forum knows what Massengo's thoughts are. What we do know is that the lad is playing well and getting regular game time in a team with a manager that trusts him and that's slowly showing signs of being a good side. At 21 he's still developing his game and is far from the finished article yet. Whether he continues his devopment here remains to be seen (I hope so) but I don't see how it's a given he wouldn't sign either a new contract or an extension. 

1 hour ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

I don't understand the negativity, and before anyone shouts realism it's not because no one on this forum knows what Massengo's thoughts are. What we do know is that the lad is playing well and getting regular game time in a team with a manager that trusts him and that's slowly showing signs of being a good side. At 21 he's still developing his game and is far from the finished article yet. Whether he continues his devopment here remains to be seen (I hope so) but I don't see how it's a given he wouldn't sign either a new contract or an extension. 

It’s not negativity. It’s just the way modern football works. I’d love to see him stay but if continues to progress like he is, he’ll have a strong field to choose from in 2023 without the bind of a contract. 
Also, do we have the cash to give him the sort of contract that would convince him to sign, especially when he could have his pick in 2023.

We’ll see…

4 hours ago, One Team said:

I’d agree, although most of our chants aren’t original, including my own here! ? 

8 men had a dream maybe? East End arising? 

The only genuinely original suggestion I’ve heard of late is the one @Shtanley suggested on OSIB for Semenyo using Danny Nedelko. 

This reminds me that I was drunkenly imagining a song for our goalkeeper last night when a song came up on my random playlist:

"Won't let me down, Bentley" to the tune of Don't Let Me Down Gently by the Wonderstuff

Now, as song suggestions go, it might not be very good, but it's definitely original 

42 minutes ago, Porto Red said:

This reminds me that I was drunkenly imagining a song for our goalkeeper last night when a song came up on my random playlist:

"Won't let me down, Bentley" to the tune of Don't Let Me Down Gently by the Wonderstuff

Now, as song suggestions go, it might not be very good, but it's definitely original 

Out of likes but that’s actually pretty good TBF! 

Archived