IGNORED

Tanner

formerly known as ivan

4 minutes ago, class not gas said:

Thought he was a big improvement on our other 2 right backs, and will get even better the more games he plays.

And I'm not sure that's a compliment? 

There's definitely a player there, but like Nige said, he's one for the future.

Edited by Ecko

3 minutes ago, class not gas said:

Thought he was a big improvement on our other 2 right backs, and will get even better the more games he plays.

Good enough to keep his place in my view.

Will be discussing his debut in tonight's FBC Live Podcast @ 6.00 PM:

Listen here: https://www.podbean.com/lsw/voj3TKjf6G?lsid=qyOmghxwuW9

Struggled to stop the crosses coming in from his side and also overhit a few crosses and had one opportunity one on one with the defender that he just stumbled over the ball. But his link up play in the middle third was good, and grew into the game. Alot of potential there but nervous on his debut as you would expect. Showed enough to give me hope there is alot more to come from him, and a good sign the Pearson has given him a chance already 

Edited by Varrei
  • Like 2

Just now, Ecko said:

And I'm not sure that's a big compliment? 

There's definitely a player there, but like Nige said, he's one for the future.

No its not , but for a young lad making his championship debut, I thought he did OK, but don't think at anytime he looked out of place, very steady debut with plenty of room for improvement.

• Like 8

Just now, class not gas said:

No its not , but for a young lad making his championship debut, I thought he did OK, but don't think at anytime he looked out of place, very steady debut with plenty of room for improvement.

Agree, he will be a decent player for sure. 

I think i may have been a tad harsh in the original post. It's easy to forget that he's played a game two divisions higher than what he's used to. 

• Like 5

As I was arriving at the ground today and hadn’t read the team sheet, I saw Matt Parsons coming out to chat to Tanner’s family. He asked them (and there was about 10 of them) how they were feeling and they said ‘nervous’ but you could tell they were all buzzing. They were all beaming from ear to ear  

Onto his performance, I think he was a bit scared to make a mistake and it was a very risk averse performance and didn’t really push on too much. He had a couple of nice touches and made a fantastic last ditch tackle towards the end of the game to keep it 1-1. There’s no doubt a lot more to come from him but it was a steady debut for a player who wasn’t expecting to play just yet. 

• Like 8

10 minutes ago, Coppello said:

As I was arriving at the ground today and hadn’t read the team sheet, I saw Matt Parsons coming out to chat to Tanner’s family. He asked them (and there was about 10 of them) how they were feeling and they said ‘nervous’ but you could tell they were all buzzing. They were all beaming from ear to ear  

Onto his performance, I think he was a bit scared to make a mistake and it was a very risk averse performance and didn’t really push on too much. He had a couple of nice touches and made a fantastic last ditch tackle towards the end of the game to keep it 1-1. There’s no doubt a lot more to come from him but it was a steady debut for a player who wasn’t expecting to play just yet. 

He and his family must be immensely proud tonight. Fair play to him not a easy debut to make 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Jimbo76 said:

Out of his depth in the first half as QPR targeted our right side.

Better second.

Distribution and crossing poor but defensively did ok.

But we didn't buy a finished product. Definite potential.

I wouldn't say out of his depth, more, horribly exposed by our terrible shape without the ball.  With the ball, pretty tidy, got a bit of pace.

I don't think he really did much if any wrong.  Not his lack of ability that left them with overload after overload.

Good, promising debut imho.

• Like 2

Was at the game;

Defensively, he had a tough game down his side, especially first half. They were doubling up down that side and he wasn't getting a great deal of support. As a result we really struggled to stop crosses coming in. I wouldn't put it down to his own failings though at all. He was in the right positions, tracked his man (or sometimes men!) quite well. He made no errors, I'd say.

Going forwards he was certainly less prominent than say, Dasilva second half, but we were under the cosh quite a bit and he was working hard defensively so I don't really think it was the right game for him to show that side of his game. The few crosses I do recall, were over-hit unfortunately. One in the first half he did very well to beat his man, but the cross was poor.

More to come from him, perfectly solid, yet unspectacular, start.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

Do you lot watch the football or do you just see cross from right side and assume Tanner didn’t stop the cross? They had a man advantage on the side almost every time. CMs didn’t come across to help. If Tanner charges out to cut out crosses another man runs in behind to the byline. 

He wasn’t perfect but he put in a fine display against a good side. Nice to have someone who can contribute on both sides of the pitch. Should be retaining his place off his performance.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Robin 1

7 minutes ago, Coxy27 said:

Was at the game;

Defensively, he had a tough game down his side, especially first half. They were doubling up down that side and he wasn't getting a great deal of support. As a result we really struggled to stop crosses coming in. I wouldn't put it down to his own failings though at all. He was in the right positions, tracked his man (or sometimes men!) quite well. He made no errors, I'd say.

Going forwards he was certainly less prominent than say, Dasilva second half, but we were under the cosh quite a bit and he was working hard defensively so I don't really think it was the right game for him to show that side of his game. The few crosses I do recall, were over-hit unfortunately. One in the first half he did very well to beat his man, but the cross was poor.

More to come from him, perfectly solid, yet unspectacular, start.

Seems to be a constant problem . Why was he getting overloaded on. Who wasn’t tracking back ? 

33 minutes ago, Coppello said:

Some great and valuable context here. Glad to hear he was decent and will surely push on.