IGNORED

Henri Lansbury…..crikey!

Davefevs

Looks terrible BUT…

Swansea player knew exactly what he was doing there; just probably thought Lansbury would stop and not follow through.

Part of me has time for it, as if every time someone was out to waste time and mess about like that they got a short sharp shock, they’d do it less.

6 minutes ago, redpole said:

Never a yellow, on yellow card that should have been shown was to the Swansea player for kicking the ball away. 

Just now, samo II said:

Looks terrible BUT…

Swansea player knew exactly what he was doing there; just probably thought Lansbury would stop and not follow through.

Part of me has time for it, as if every time someone was out to waste time and mess about like that they got a short sharp shock, they’d do it less.

You can’t assault someone for kicking the ball away. Yellow for the Swansea player and a red for Lansbury imo 

12 minutes ago, samo II said:

Looks terrible BUT…

100%.

Wish someone would do that v Preston.

9 minutes ago, Denbury Red said:

That doesn’t happen if players are told that once a free kick is given any player from the team who has the kick given against them, kicks the ball - they will be instantly booked!

No if’s but’s or maybe’s - just book the player. It’ll soon stop!

Kicks it or deliberately moves closer to it within ten yards, or doesn’t immediately get out of the way. Drives me crazy that refs never do anything about this sort of thing (at least not before about the 87th minute). With teams so fit and well organised these days a bit of quick thinking at a free kick should be one way of getting an advantage. 

As an alternative to a booking (or in addition) I wouldn’t mind seeing any player doing this having to leave the pitch before the FK is taken, not to return until the ball next goes dead (other than for another FK against the offending team). The prospect of having to defend for a couple of minutes with 9 or 10 players would make them think twice. At the moment there are no consequences for this cheating, the effect of which is to stifle the creativity of the players and the enjoyment of the fans.

Archived