IGNORED

Henri Lansbury…..crikey!

Davefevs

2 hours ago, redpole said:

Never a yellow, on yellow card that should have been shown was to the Swansea player for kicking the ball away. 

Yep should have been a yellow to Swansea player assuming Lansbury was “trying” to take a free kick

I say trying like that because I assume he was intended to cause a situation because the player was impeding the kick, typical shit housing when a player stands over a free kick

The ref blew the whistle, he's free to take the free kick. If you're stupid enough to step in front of someone as they are about to strike a dead ball, expect to get walloped!

Once the refs indicated he can take the kick, he's free to take it and under no obligation to look out for someone acting like a wally. As for assault, it's football not tiddlywinks. Yellow card and a cold sponge for the Swansea player. 

It probably should be a red, but I bloody loved it nonetheless. Good on him I say, the gamesmanship around free kicks happens multiple times every game and the refs do nothing. 

The new refs directive is to let the game flow more, so they blow for less fouls. Yet apparently when they have blown up this consideration for letting the game flow goes out the window. 

When a player kicks the ball away the ref should yellow card him automatically then tell him to go and get the ball and bring it back or he will get a second yellow for dissent. By the way, whatever happened to the rule that if you disputed a free kick, it was advanced 10 yards?

Watched the first angle and thought he’s lost it and it’s a red. Then watched the last angle when you can see the Swansea guy toe it away and I genuinely think he wasn’t aiming to kick him directly. Possibly follow through and boot him as a result but not directly.

so in short red card or nothing, not the yellow card fudge.

5 hours ago, Denbury Red said:

That doesn’t happen if players are told that once a free kick is given any player from the team who has the kick given against them, kicks the ball - they will be instantly booked!

No if’s but’s or maybe’s - just book the player. It’ll soon stop!

What, like players being booked for taking their shirt off when they score? They know its a booking and it happens all the time.

9 minutes ago, Lydered said:

That's fair enough. Not saying you are wrong BTW, just thought tosser seemed a bit unfair 

Yeah I just never warmed to him personally, although to be fair I associate him with the worst period of supporting Bristol City in my lifetime so that probably has something to do with it ? maybe he if played for us in a successful season it would be different 

3 hours ago, marmite said:

When a player kicks the ball away the ref should yellow card him automatically then tell him to go and get the ball and bring it back or he will get a second yellow for dissent. By the way, whatever happened to the rule that if you disputed a free kick, it was advanced 10 yards?

Dropped as quickly as it was brought in. Should've been kept, but the officials just didn't implement it properly. Rather than ditch the officials, they ditched the rule.

13 hours ago, marmite said:

The reason the rule of advancing a free kick ten yards if it was disputed was dropped was because if the kick was awarded wide on the right or left of the pitch say 40 yards from goal and the defending team disputed it it was moved to 30 yards, so then they disputed it again so it became 20 yards, then it was disputed three more times so it became a goalkick.

I've been waiting for someone to do this in years...fair play I say.

What's the point in a free kick, if the defensive team are allowed to reorganise. The attackers should be allowed to take it quickly. They've lost all advantage otherwise.

Personally, I'd change the rules. Blow for free kick, but allow to be taken straight away without having to wait for the ref to blow again, or defence to reorganise.

1 hour ago, spudski said:

I've been waiting for someone to do this in years...fair play I say.

What's the point in a free kick, if the defensive team are allowed to reorganise. The attackers should be allowed to take it quickly. They've lost all advantage otherwise.

Personally, I'd change the rules. Blow for free kick, but allow to be taken straight away without having to wait for the ref to blow again, or defence to reorganise.

I think most people that have played at any competitive level of men's football would have cheered that, i certainly did.

Archived