IGNORED

Wells

Ivorguy

7 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

It’s on Twitter Fevs. Yea really pleased for Nahki. Not his biggest fan but never questioned his ability to finish. Wonder if this doesn’t earn him a start against Fulham. 

Really hope it does, providing he is played central will score goals for us and be much more of a threat than Martin (I know Martin showed composure in tucking away his goal, but his overall game was very poor). 

23 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

Really hope it does, providing he is played central will score goals for us and be much more of a threat than Martin (I know Martin showed composure in tucking away his goal, but his overall game was very poor). 

Martin has 3 in 8, that’s an excellent goal return.

Just now, TomThumb84 said:

Would you like a CV? My experience is irrelevant. My comment was based on nonsense about him I have read on here which in my opinion is all of what I said.

No i don’t think i need one. Just trying to make your opinion seem more relevant by calling them uneducated seems wierd.

42 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

It’s on Twitter Fevs. Yea really pleased for Nahki. Not his biggest fan but never questioned his ability to finish. Wonder if this doesn’t earn him a start against Fulham. 

It should, against passing sides we need that quality on the break when under pressure. Fulham at home will most likely feel like an away game at times. Which, quite frankly, will suit us well(s).

fact is with the long season ahead of us that no way will CM and AW start every game and he will get more than his share of time on the pitch... as the season progresses.  He has always been a goal scorer if  played where his talents state, and lets not forget he is a £4.00M approx striker !  Round holes again and all that... Well done NW..

I’ve been unsure about Wells in the past but he really impressed me today, long before the goal.

His work rate was excellent, he got stuck in and he helped us keep possession further up the pitch.

I think what speaks volumes is that both Wells and Bakinson have been criticised in the past for their work rates and contributions and both got their chance today and worked their arses off. That reflects really well on both the manager and both players, and perhaps the new fitness regime…

Just now, Cannybluff said:

He is a class player when played in a team that suit him. If we can find that way it will really see him do well. We focus more on physicality, work rate and set pieces at the moment so he is difficult to fit in... only position is out wide or move weimann wide to accommodate him up front.

As per my post just above, I really felt today Wells showed what he could offer in terms of physicality and work rate. More of that and he’ll fit right in.

53 minutes ago, chinapig said:

Well, lots of posters have said he wanted to go back to QPR because he scored goals there. Turns out they were right!?

Bravo CP ??????

Besides the goal, Wells spun into channels, showed good first touch in linking up, and put their CBs under pressure aerially.  His touch isn’t always good, but he never hides from bending a run, or being proactive.

Very cool finish.  Great pass from Weimann too.

4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Bravo CP ??????

Besides the goal, Wells spun into channels, showed good first touch in linking up, and put their CBs under pressure aerially.  His touch isn’t always good, but he never hides from bending a run, or being proactive.

His touch was lovely at times though. There was one long ball to the right he controlled exceptionally.

4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Bravo CP ??????

Yeah his first touch was class today, took several balls out of the air and under perfect control - made it look easy. Good all round performance and great finish for the goal. 

18 minutes ago, Cannybluff said:

He is a class player when played in a team that suit him. If we can find that way it will really see him do well. We focus more on physicality, work rate and set pieces at the moment so he is difficult to fit in... only position is out wide or move weimann wide to accommodate him up front.

No, No, No, Wells should play central instead of Martin, with Weimann in support. Weimann is a poor option when played wide, and although Wells works hard he is not effective played wide. 

Archived