IGNORED

Albert

SecretSam

10 minutes ago, Curr Avon said:

After his final home game of the 2012/13 season, a 26th defeat for already relegated City, Albert was the only player to visit the Supporters Club bar. He talked openly to fans and didn't give excuses. The man is a class act on and off the pitch and forever in our hearts.

He really is the loveliest bloke.

No one has deserved their career more & to finish it at the club he supports is great.

10 hours ago, TheCulturalBomb said:

Albert Adomah: 131 appearances

Nicky Maynard: 124 appearances

One very much still a loved cult player and the other.. not so much.

Only by hyper defensive forum losers defensive because someone has an opinion that the West Country accent isn't one he wants his son to sound like. I don't blame him.

Maynard is still probably the best finisher we've had since Goater. That goal v QPR will be remembered for decades. He was 'almost' our record sale. He was an extremely good striker until the injury. If we signed a striker now with the same pedigree, ability and potential we'd be delighted.

Quite agree, I don't get why there is so much animosity based largely on that quip about not wanting his child to have a Bristol accent. It was a joke. The British are meant to be renowned for having a great sense of humour. Okay, it wasn't the greatest of jokes but it's a sad day when someone is pilloried for years after for trying to add a bit of levity to a usually serious world.

51 minutes ago, handsofclay said:

Quite agree, I don't get why there is so much animosity based largely on that quip about not wanting his child to have a Bristol accent. It was a joke. The British are meant to be renowned for having a great sense of humour. Okay, it wasn't the greatest of jokes but it's a sad day when someone is pilloried for years after for trying to add a bit of levity to a usually serious world.

I knows like, what theese be on about. He like made a gert mistake and I bet he bist sorry he made it. He shooda bin prowed to hav a son wiv a lush Brissle accent like me. Like. 

43 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

I knows like, what theese be on about. He like made a gert mistake and I bet he bist sorry he made it. He shooda bin prowed to hav a son wiv a lush Brissle accent like me. Like. 

Ark at 'e. Even I knows we aint got a 'me' in Brizzle, and I ain't never 'eard of an 'h' beginning a word. Summit picked up in forgein parts I 'spect - you ever bin to Clifton? See a doctor, like. Otherwise, mint.

Archived