IGNORED

Joint 2nd

Negan

Is where we’d currently sit had we not conceded late goals to Blackpool and Luton.

Now I’m fully aware the game doesn’t end until the whistle is blown. We didn’t win those games. However it’s worth keeping it in mind I feel for the bigger picture. A few go over the top when we win or lose but I think the majority of us, before the season started, has this down as a tough season where staying up was the main objective.

However to see we could be joint 2nd if things were a tiny bit different is a big confidence boost and reality check that this season has actually gone rather well considering most of us thought it would be a struggle. Now this is only worth something should we continue to stay top half/safely mid table. We don’t want to be sat in the relegation zone at the end of the season thinking back to the late goals conceded being our downfall.

Hopefully the fans who think Pearson isn’t the right man or isn’t doing a good job can see this and see it isn’t as bad as they might think. That home form needs sorting now and drastically. He’s definitely steadied the ship, we’ll only get better the longer he’s in charge. 100% confident he can make Ashton Gate a difficult place to come again. 

5 minutes ago, Negan said:

Is where we’d currently sit had we not conceded late goals to Blackpool and Luton.

Now I’m fully aware the game doesn’t end until the whistle is blown. We didn’t win those games. However it’s worth keeping it in mind I feel for the bigger picture. A few go over the top when we win or lose but I think the majority of us, before the season started, has this down as a tough season where staying up was the main objective.

However to see we could be joint 2nd if things were a tiny bit different is a big confidence boost and reality check that this season has actually gone rather well considering most of us thought it would be a struggle. Now this is only worth something should we continue to stay top half/safely mid table. We don’t want to be sat in the relegation zone at the end of the season thinking back to the late goals conceded being our downfall.

Hopefully the fans who think Pearson isn’t the right man or isn’t doing a good job can see this and see it isn’t as bad as they might think. That home form needs sorting now and drastically. He’s definitely steadied the ship, we’ll only get better the longer he’s in charge. 100% confident he can make Ashton Gate a difficult place to come again. 

If my Grandmother had wheels she would have been a bike. 

The point going right over peoples head I see ?‍♂️

this wasn’t meant to be a “if we didn’t concede we’d be joint 2nd” even made the point you’re all making in the comments… this was more making the point that before the season there wasn’t that much hope, whereas now we can reflect knowing the gap between us being top 6 isn’t that far off under Pearson’s guidance. The problems that need to be addressed aren’t as serious as they were at the end of last season. For me I genuinely thought we’d be scrapping it at the bottom, when in reality so far we could have easily been nearer the top spot than bottom. 

49 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

If my Grandmother had wheels she would have been a bike. 

I asked my grandad. He said your gran definitely was the local bike ?

1 hour ago, Negan said:

I think a lot of people will be eating their words come May.

I don’t believe we will make the play - offs but I do think we will have a solid season.

Big Nige has only started to weave his magic, there is much more to come.

Get the home win and who knows. The bloke knows what he is doing.

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

I prefer - if the horse hadn’t stopped for a shit it would’ve won the race.

If the cat had been walking away from him, the man who invented cat's eyes would have invented a pencil sharpener instead! 

4 minutes ago, marcofisher said:

The difference is that we would have lost that match last season. 

We were second best for all of today and came out with a win. Even a draw would’ve been a great result. 

We were second best in everything but goalscoring. 

Another lovely day in West London. Having had some great days at Craven Cottage in the last 5 years we seem to be enjoying Loftus just as much now. I thought NP made brave but good substitutions, especially Semenyo and Wells but the most pleasing thing today apart from the result was the sight of the manager on the touchline, giving non-stop direction/encouragement to the players rather than taking his place in the stands and using phone links down to the bench.

Well done NP, great visit to the Capital again and lets hope Fulham struggle next week. Bobby was off form today and JB is 2nd choice to Robinson, according to a FFC ST holder coming back on the train. Next week....Bring it on!

Archived