IGNORED

Hoops destroyed by Nahki's late strike - FBC Podcast QPR [A] review

headhunter

https://foreverbristolcity.podbean.com/e/hoops-destroyed-by-nahki-s-late-strike/

Having already been victims twice this season to stoppage time goals it was City's turn to mete out the hurt and experience the joy as sub Nahki Wells sent 2000 travelling fans into raptures with his stylish late winner.

David, Lezz, Mark & Ian celebrate the win but at the same time consider City's overall play which allowed 26 shots [11 on target] to pepper the goal area.

We marvel at another all action display from Massengo, several top class saves from Dan Bentley, a competent debut for Gordon Tanner in the troublesome right back spot and a successful return to the first team for Bakinson.

The main cause for concern is the 44 shots allowed to opponents in the last 180 minutes.

Lezz makes the interesting point that 19 of Weimann's 26 goals have come away from Ashton Gate where his on the counter pace can be used to greatest effect whereas at Ashton Gate his threat is reduced as teams sit in, this latter point being one Ian disagrees with.

The Fulham game is previewed as City look for their first home win in 15 games.

9 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Lez said, or Ian told Lez?

6C95CB39-9196-45EA-ACDC-1DC91559734E.thumb.jpeg.4901e00b489305571233089f172bac16.jpeg

Nowhere near knocking him over.

Ball already in the net, when Bents eventually falls backwards.

Yeah say something with enough confidence and people will believe you! 

So does Lez have a point re Bentley's positioning/balance not being right or is it just one of those things?

In real time (watching on my phone in a pub) I thought the goal was unlucky from our perspective but it did seem weird that the shot squeezed through.

On 20/09/2021 at 11:09, mozo said:

Yeah say something with enough confidence and people will believe you! 

So does Lez have a point re Bentley's positioning/balance not being right or is it just one of those things?

In real time (watching on my phone in a pub) I thought the goal was unlucky from our perspective but it did seem weird that the shot squeezed through.

I thought this at that time.

As a decent member of the goal keepers union, Bentley is thinking that the shot coming back in is going to come back across him hence why his weight and positioning are slightly skewed that way.

He is fantastic at prempting these things but this one went the other way.

I haven’t brought this up since Saturday as who the $&!& would given his outstanding display?

I get bored of listening to Lez saying that any average keeper is expected to make the saves Bentley does.

No they don’t.

I actually felt sorry for @headhunteron Saturday.

It was a fantastic win. If you were there it was amazing, the atmosphere and noise was tremendous through out.

You could tell Dave wanted to just enjoy the win but was being dragged down by Ian and Lez.

This is as good as it gets boys.

You need to learn to enjoy these wins as this season is all about the rebuild.

We are trying to foster enough spirit and heart that we do enough to finish at best in the middle. 

It also means, no we won’t be playing expansive, beautiful football, yes we are going to lose a decent chunk of games but along the way we will win a few and nick a couple more.

You don’t need to double dine and tell me how shut we are at times, I can see it. Whilst I enjoy the analysis you loud it cloud what was a fun, enjoyable result that should have given you a moments relief.

I still enjoy it and am grateful for the content, but don’t lose yourselves in a negative echo chamber and learn to accept some enjoyment when it comes along.

Saturday should have been one of those days ?

Archived