Jump to content
IGNORED

Media dept totally inept


cidered abroad
 Share

Recommended Posts

The audio coverage is often switched off or overlooked. I guess this comes under ‘the media department’. There have been multiple issues that happen but no one actually where to write to let them know. On the thread with the SLO regarding robins tv there is a an email address if any one wants it!

bristolcitytvsupport@streamamg.com is the email address, I’m not clear if it’s even manned on match day but I’ve asked if they could clear where issues go to and maybe even have a permanent thread here that’s monitored so it’s not intermittently pony!

Edited by REDOXO
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Robins tv - sound levels all wrong; team selection wrong - stated on multiple occasions that Scott had been dropped to bench when he wasn’t in the match day squad; Downsey filling in time waiting for pre match interviews that never materialise; wrong video highlights of match key points and so on… very unprofessional and embarrassing in my opinion.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, bristol red said:

Robins tv - sound levels all wrong; team selection wrong - stated on multiple occasions that Scott had been dropped to bench when he wasn’t in the match day squad; Downsey filling in time waiting for pre match interviews that never materialise; wrong video highlights of match key points and so on… very unprofessional and embarrassing in my opinion.

Some of it is terrible. 

On Wednesday for example. 

It was two people commentating who had simply never prepared for that job. 

It's feels to me as though cutting as many corners as possible, but a good excuse to get those ads in. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, The turtle said:

Some of it is terrible. 

On Wednesday for example. 

It was two people commentating who had simply never prepared for that job. 

It's feels to me as though cutting as many corners as possible, but a good excuse to get those ads in. 

Who was on comms on Wednesday.  If it was Toby (the usual commentator) then he prepares a lot of stuff.  He used to supplement his note prep with my “what can you expect” stuff, has 8-10 A4 sheets stuck down to his desk.  Who was on with him?

Remember it’s very low budget, it’s not a sky broadcast.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Who was on comms on Wednesday.  If it was Toby (the usual commentator) then he prepares a lot of stuff.  He used to supplement his note prep with my “what can you expect” stuff, has 8-10 A4 sheets stuck down to his desk.  Who was on with him?

Remember it’s very low budget, it’s not a sky broadcast.

It wasn't the normal guy,  to be honest he's part of the furtiture now, over time he's found a balance on commentary. I actually miss him when it's not him. 

On Wednesday it was someone different , and I believe a player from the woman's team.  

I'm always reluctant to criticise, because at the end of the day it's 150 for the season. If it doesn't exist I don't have anything. Not to mention, it's people doing the best they can. 

But all the same, a football commentary needs to feel like something close to actually commentating. On Wednesday if there had been a crowd only option I would have taken it. 

(N.B the last minute goal probably did not help my mood towards the who commentary either👀

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Who was on comms on Wednesday.  If it was Toby (the usual commentator) then he prepares a lot of stuff.  He used to supplement his note prep with my “what can you expect” stuff, has 8-10 A4 sheets stuck down to his desk.  Who was on with him?

Remember it’s very low budget, it’s not a sky broadcast.

Toby was presenting on Wednesday. Commentary was Dan White and Lauren Smith, the City Women head coach.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

Toby was presenting on Wednesday. Commentary was Dan White and Lauren Smith, the City Women head coach.

Dan was co-commentator with Toby in the early post-COVID games and I fed back to Dave Barton that it would be good to get a pro alongside Toby to give better quality views. Think others fed that back too. We then got Gary Probert, Tins and Rene etc and it helped massively.

Dan is all a bit twee Isn’t he?  He doesn’t commentate like he’s commentating on a football match. Think he’s the WFC commentator.

I now understand @The turtlewhy your made your post. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Curr Avon said:

Apologies, that's what you get for trying to be 'funny'. 

 

My bad for living so relentlessly in the real world.

Eminem does come from a part of Missouri known for cider production, so perhaps if he might've sampled some West Country produce on his previous visits to the UK.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...