IGNORED

First goal play against QPR

chucky

I just want to give credit to the play involved in the first goal. Starting with Massengo's, his interception and then his forward run, what I never noticed before was when  Weimann ran into the middle from the right, he signals to Martin to move out to the right, and took the defender with him leaving Martin unmarked. A great worked goal all around. 

From 1.30 mark

https://www.facebook.com/bristolcityfc/videos/388961272635865/

34 minutes ago, chucky said:

I just want to give credit to the play involved in the first goal. Starting with Massengo's, his interception and then his forward run, what I never noticed before was when  Weimann ran into the middle from the right, he signals to Martin to move out to the right, and took the defender with him leaving Martin unmarked. A great worked goal all around. 

From 1.30 mark

Yepp, Weimann's an incredibly intelligent player IMO - one of the most intelligent in his movement that I've seen playing for us in recent years. Easy to forget that he has over 100 premier league appearances playing as a striker/winger.

I'd also say that his finishing is probably better than many would give him credit for. IMO the main limiting factor to Weimann's goalscoring with City is the number of chances he gets (mainly through playing on the wing). I think he's always looked decent in converting chances when playing as a striker.

32 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Yes, but all Weimann does is “run around” apparently.

?

Don't forget that he also "just flaps about" (whatever that actually means!) ??‍♂️

A great goal, the second wasn’t bad either.

As I said to some very p***** off QPR fans after the game, one who I genuinely thought was going to have a heart attack he was so perplexed, you’ve got to ask yourselves why weren’t you good enough to score more than one goal.

They weren’t good enough to and therefore didn’t deserve the win because we were good enough and did. 

2 hours ago, ralphindevon said:

A great goal, the second wasn’t bad either.

As I said to some very p***** off QPR fans after the game, one who I genuinely thought was going to have a heart attack he was so perplexed, you’ve got to ask yourselves why weren’t you good enough to score more than one goal.

They weren’t good enough to and therefore didn’t deserve the win because we were good enough and did. 

? You wind up! 

I said something very similar on the tube to a QPR fan who wouldn’t shut up about how crap we were.

24 minutes ago, 054123 said:

? You wind up! 

I said something very similar on the tube to a QPR fan who wouldn’t shut up about how crap we were.

Ha, well there’s some truth in it, i didn’t go on to point out that if they had a quality striker like….erm let me think….Nakhi Wells, they’d have won probably.

5 hours ago, chucky said:

From 1.30 mark

Credit to Bakinson. Great raking pass. I think many on here better get used to counter attacking football

1 minute ago, REDOXO said:

Credit to Bakinson. Great raking pass. I think many on here better get used to counter attacking football

Saved me posting that, just started typing.

I thought his range of passing and ability to switch play made a big difference yesterday. 
Even a fairly straight forward pass to Massengo, was the sort of pass we've miss played or over hit. If he can improve his all round play, and cut out those occasions he gets caught in two minds he will be a hell of a player. I've said before probably the best progressive passer at the club. With Massengo's running from midfield and Weimann pulling defenders around it will give us chances in games. 

7 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Yes, but all Weimann does is “run around” apparently.

?

What? His running is just one of many attributes, like reading the game, assists, finishing, pure staminaand look at his pass with the outside of his boot for Wells. Magic man and his injury the main reason we struggled last season rather than the usual non-playing scapegoats who get slammed on the forum.

I dont believe anyone cant see all Weimann's quailities. Four super channel runs in the first half yesterday, two of which found him - one from Bako the other from James. He's our best front man at present even if Martin scores more goals, Wells costs more and Semenyo has the most  'potential' 

1 hour ago, Hampshire Red said:

I dont believe anyone cant see all Weimann's quailities.

You’d be surprised how many on here don’t though.  Some are changing their minds though, some are doing it quite subtly in what they post, conveying that they’ve always rated him.

FWIW I have no issue with a fan changing an opinion…few players are continually good or bad, most have ups and downs.  It’s those who steadfastly stick to a view (normally a negative one) in light of the evidence.  But it is about opinions.

Archived