IGNORED

3PIAP

Davefevs

Thanks Fevs. Maybe the Ipswich fans should listen and think about what is better, genuine fan engagement or high fives and strutting.

As an aside, Lansdown featured on that same podcast earlier in the year and made a disparaging comment about Trusts and Supporters Clubs which sounded to me more aligned to the Ashton viewpoint. 

2 hours ago, mozo said:

Thanks Fevs. Maybe the Ipswich fans should listen and think about what is better, genuine fan engagement or high fives and strutting.

As an aside, Lansdown featured on that same podcast earlier in the year and made a disparaging comment about Trusts and Supporters Clubs which sounded to me more aligned to the Ashton viewpoint. 

Yes, he did….and I don’t think I’ll ever forget his (paraphrased) “I put the money in, I’ll do what I like” comment on 20Man back 2/3 years ago.

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Yes, he did….and I don’t think I’ll ever forget his (paraphrased) “I put the money in, I’ll do what I like” comment on 20Man back 2/3 years ago.

Same here Fevs.

I think that was the interview with Twentyman around the time of our worst ever run under LJ; GT was grilling him about why he hadn’t sacked him and SL came out with some stunning comments of which this was one. 

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

54 minutes ago, One Team said:

Same here Fevs.

I think that was the interview with Twentyman around the time of our worst ever run under LJ; GT was grilling him about why he hadn’t sacked him and SL came out with some stunning comments of which this was one. 

It was on the day of the Wolves at home game in early April, prior to kick off, following the midweek humbling at Preston, 0:5. There were six games left to play and we were 21st in the table, one point above the bottom three. We were in the do-do. Steve had backed LJ back in Jan/Feb when he admitted he was prepared to "go to the wire" (give LJ right until the end of the season) and he was clearly under big pressure when grilled by Geoff T20. His comment to Geoff was, in response to criticism from supporters, that he "put in more money than them." Clumsy, or arrogant?

LJ finally gave up on Tomlin and picked Matty Taylor v Wolfs, and we won 3:1. Tomlin only appeared as a sub in the last game v Birmingham. 

9 hours ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

It was on the day of the Wolves at home game in early April, prior to kick off, following the midweek humbling at Preston, 0:5. There were six games left to play and we were 21st in the table, one point above the bottom three. We were in the do-do. Steve had backed LJ back in Jan/Feb when he admitted he was prepared to "go to the wire" (give LJ right until the end of the season) and he was clearly under big pressure when grilled by Geoff T20. His comment to Geoff was, in response to criticism from supporters, that he "put in more money than them." Clumsy, or arrogant?

LJ finally gave up on Tomlin and picked Matty Taylor v Wolfs, and we won 3:1. Tomlin only appeared as a sub in the last game v Birmingham. 

That’s the one. SL’s mask definitely slipped in that interview, GT had him exposed and on the ropes. 

Interesting comments on Gould v Ashton.

For me it was great to hear that Ashton Gate has been registered as an asset of community value. That is a real small piece of protection that will at least ensure that fans are informed of and have the opportunity to affect a sale of the ground, or other very big decisions that could affect the Club. Great news.

Archived