IGNORED

Fever Pitch - The Rise of the Premier League

Tinmans Love Child

6 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

I’ve been really enjoying the Fever Pitch series on BBC, and low and behold City make an appearance in episode 3 when Keegan took over at Newcastle and we were the first opponents!  Without googling it I’m remembering a 5-0 thumping??

@Tinmans Love Child

You are correct. Miserable day, long coach journeys, pouring with rain all afternoon, Cole and Jacki up front contributing zero effort, a Magpies midfielder who's name I forget, swallow dived to get two penalties He'd become a born again Christian so cheating clearly part of his religion!

The rain got inside my expensive Barber waterproof. A truly appalling away day which is impossible to forget especially watching little Keegan going hysterical at every goal.

The joys of being a City fan.

9 minutes ago, North London Red said:

Keegan's first game against us was a 3-0 win for Newcastle. The 5-0 was the following season.

A season before that again 1990-91 always reminds me about how wonderful the Geordie's are about how they are football fanatics and support through thick and thin.

Home game City won 1-0 gate 15,858

In the return game  0-0 with only 13,758. Thirteen thousand not fifty three thousand. Wonderful and loyal. Ha ha!

PS we finished two places above them.

Thankfully I didn’t go to those heavy defeats up there. The only time I have been to Newcastle was when we drew 0-0 during GJ’s reign.

I remember to 1-0 win in the 1990-91 season. Good atmosphere at AG that day and their striker (Mickey Quinn?) got a lot of stick from the City fans for looking overweight. 

56 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

A season before that again 1990-91 always reminds me about how wonderful the Geordie's are about how they are football fanatics and support through thick and thin.

Home game City won 1-0 gate 15,858

In the return game  0-0 with only 13,758. Thirteen thousand not fifty three thousand. Wonderful and loyal. Ha ha!

PS we finished two places above them.

I went there around that time for a 0-0, Im sure the gate was lower than the 13k, thought it was 11k. 
As you say, thick and thin, yeah right?

1 hour ago, Offside said:

Thankfully I didn’t go to those heavy defeats up there. The only time I have been to Newcastle was when we drew 0-0 during GJ’s reign.

I remember to 1-0 win in the 1990-91 season. Good atmosphere at AG that day and their striker (Mickey Quinn?) got a lot of stick from the City fans for looking overweight. 

Bob Carolgees.

3 hours ago, Portland Bill said:

I went there around that time for a 0-0, Im sure the gate was lower than the 13k, thought it was 11k. 
As you say, thick and thin, yeah right?

That was the Saturday after the Louie Donowa goal had beaten the few in midweek.

Only time I’ve been, a pitiful crowd, they were booed off at HT & FT.

But keep peddling that Geordie nation myth..

Archived