IGNORED

London fashion update

The dastardly red

1 hour ago, Henry said:

Still applicable.

Or they are currently laughing at how gullible you are

Either way - new friends needed.

Not really. At all. My mate's into fashion but not obsessively. We have a laugh about it and he just keeps me up to date on what the latest looks are.

Regarding the beards thing, he sent me a voice clip of a whole bar chanting at a bearded bloke who had loads of tattoos, telling him to get out. They've got a gong behind the bar and the bar people hit it if they see tattoos on someone. It's pretty funny, especially as the bloke tripped over on his way out and you can hear him do a little yelp as he falls.

20 minutes ago, The dastardly red said:

Not really. At all. My mate's into fashion but not obsessively. We have a laugh about it and he just keeps me up to date on what the latest looks are.

Regarding the beards thing, he sent me a voice clip of a whole bar chanting at a bearded bloke who had loads of tattoos, telling him to get out. They've got a gong behind the bar and the bar people hit it if they see tattoos on someone. It's pretty funny, especially as the bloke tripped over on his way out and you can hear him do a little yelp as he falls.

Yeah okay, I’m gonna file you away in the troll section.

50 minutes ago, The dastardly red said:

No skin off my nose buddy. Respectfully, it's probably not the right threads for you.

Can I just say that's probably the nicest way to post when someone disagrees with you.

Major respect to you good sir.

PS I just bought a new pair of white New Balance Trainers! Honest!

22 minutes ago, Norn Iron said:

Can I just say that's probably the nicest way to post when someone disagrees with you.

Major respect to you good sir.

PS I just bought a new pair of white New Balance Trainers! Honest!

Thanks mate, no point in starting when people get a bit heated. Honestly I've learnt that from experience. And I do genuinely want to hear opinions, that's why I did this thread. Also I've been called a troll so many times that it's water off a ducks back really. Bit like Robbored.

I'll get back to you about the NBs ?

• Like 1

Hi mate , been chatting on the City forum I put the update on it. Like you said, a few weird comments but not really that much interest. I'll bump it in a couple of days to keep it fresh and in people's minds. Nice bloke I met on there bought some white NBs and wanted your opinion, I said I'd check with you. 

(I've copied and pasted my message and will post the response)

Edited by The dastardly red
Added info
  • Like 1

On 27/11/2021 at 22:31, The dastardly red said:

You find it funny that a bloke was humiliated for not having the right 'look'?

On 27/11/2021 at 15:37, The dastardly red said:

I've just spoken with my friend in Shoreditch and he's given me this season's ins and outs.

Here's what's hot and what's not in London. As I've explained before, fashions tend to debut in East London then spread through the city. They arrive on the high street in the rest of the country after they've gone out of fashion in the place they started out.

Gents, if you want to be cutting edge, jump on these:

-Large collared shirts in brown hues

-White trainers with raised heals (no noticeable branding on show)

-Tidy, cropped hair but with a long, straight fringe. Must not be curly or ruffled (apparently this is very important?)

-Bright vests

-V neck sweaters

-Baseball caps worn sideways

-Light blue jeans, very baggy

-chunky bracelets. Earring studs in both ears

Ditch these if you haven't already:

-Skinny jeans

-Product in hair

-Trousers that cut off above the ankle

-Tattoos; if you have them then cover them up where possible or bite the bullet and get them removed (although can be pricey)

-Puffer jackets

-New Balance trainers

-Beards, and this is a real big one apparently. My contact says that there actually seems to be hostility towards people with beards. It was a bit of a joke previously with people being laughed at for having them but now they're getting abuse shouted at them in East London. Sounds mad but my contact swears it's true.

-Bobble hats

-Festive jumpers are a big no this Christmas

Covering tattoos is more or less impossible, especially given the sheer amount that people have these days. Unless you wear a whole bodysuit for the rest of your life…

On 27/11/2021 at 22:31, The dastardly red said:

I’m sure that bar isn’t worth going to, sounds dreadful. I’m glad I’m too old for that kind of cult. What happened to self expression and individual thought?
It reminds me of school, when people used to get ripped to shreds because they had to wear what their mum bought them. My friend regularly reminds me of when I laughed at his flared jeans in 1983, on a school day out. Yes I was bad, but I was 14 and didn’t know much difference. School was a dog eat dog world, you dreaded going in with a new haircut or colour. I dyed my hair black once and it spawned a whole repertoire of nicknames and mocking. Some still refer me by them to this day. 

2 hours ago, The dastardly red said:

It was more the yelp he made when he fell over that made me laugh. Apparently he'd been threatening to come back with "ten mates to rip shit up" 

Each to their own I guess. 

I'm just glad I appear to have avoided that place back when I was living in East London! 

On 26/02/2022 at 10:16, exAtyeoMax said:

I’m sure that bar isn’t worth going to, sounds dreadful. I’m glad I’m too old for that kind of cult. What happened to self expression and individual thought?

Have you read through this thread ? Some people seem to think taking an interest in clothes is tantamount to sorcery or Witchcraft :rofl2br:

• Haha 1

Been out in the East End, Bethnal Green area tonight. Some crazy get ups being worn. The thing is I was hanging around in a few bars during the day time and walking around the area..these people don't mess about when it comes to fashion. 

Most of what I've posted in this thread has already filtered down to Bristol as I'm sure people have seen. But I saw a lot of men wearing crop tops today which I haven't seen in Bristol yet.

• Confused 1

My neighbour in leytonstone used to wear a cardigan, and a marillion t shirt.

Like a lot of east londoners, he worked in the fashion industry in a way.

He used to regale me with stories, how he used to roam east london collecting dog poop.

Then, he used to sale it to leather factories.

Where theres muck theres money.

On 12/03/2022 at 02:03, The dastardly red said:

Been out in the East End, Bethnal Green area tonight. Some crazy get ups being worn. The thing is I was hanging around in a few bars during the day time and walking around the area..these people don't mess about when it comes to fashion. 

Most of what I've posted in this thread has already filtered down to Bristol as I'm sure people have seen. But I saw a lot of men wearing crop tops today which I haven't seen in Bristol yet.

I’ve seen a few but in all honesty they were extremely tight tees over a massive belly hanging out the bottom.