IGNORED

Reading going in with the Derby fun

1960maaan

This is a relief- the Reading situation confused me over the summer!

I remember when they were released from a soft embargo under the ahem 'governance' of Shaun Harvey in Summer 2019, they proceeded to add the following- as per Wiki:

For fees

1. Joao
  2. Puscas

On a free

1. Adam- released from Stoke who were surely high payers.
  2. Rafael- from Sampdoria, probably not tiny wages?

Unsure if they got Morrison from Birmingham before or after.

On loan

1. Miazga- though Chelsea help with the wages as we know.
  2. Boye- from Torino, again Serie A
  3. Pele- Monaco

Loan to buy

Ejaria

They've had it coming for sure.

I did wonder as well, based on a random Twitter post that I read whether it might be a case of they can sign their 6 players on EFL imposed limits and take the points or they can sign nobody at all in lieu of the points hit and just fill up the team with youth players when injuries hit- emergency GK aside, ie a full on embargo in lieu of points or their current embargo allowing for 6 but with a deduction.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

This is a relief- the Reading situation confused me over the summer!

I remember when they were released from a soft embargo under the ahem 'governance' of Shaun Harvey in Summer 2019, they proceeded to add the following- as per Wiki:

For fees

1. Joao
  2. Puscas

On a free

1. Adam- released from Stoke who were surely high payers.
  2. Rafael- from Sampdoria, probably not tiny wages?

Unsure if they got Morrison from Birmingham before or after.

On loan

1. Miazga- though Chelsea help with the wages as we know.
  2. Boye- from Torino, again Serie A
  3. Pele- Monaco

Loan to buy

Ejaria

They've had it coming for sure.

BAD8C18B-9967-4005-BEA0-4B82512A15E4.jpeg

1895A354-2074-46B1-8E62-970475E8CB3B.jpeg

491F9C7B-10B3-4B7A-826A-94C69C4A492C.jpeg

Edited by Davefevs
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, SecretSam said:

Let's face it, we're in no position to crow. Without our sugar daddy, where would we be?

Running up debt, probably, and taking out loans to cover them. Which is basically what is happening now, only SL converts his loans into shares as opposed to us having to pay interest to banks or other "investors".

We wouldn't necessarily go into administration or fail FFP though.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, awbb said:

Running up debt, probably, and taking out loans to cover them. Which is basically what is happening now, only SL converts his loans into shares as opposed to us having to pay interest to banks or other "investors".

We’d probably be a League 1/Championship yo yo club like Rotherham. The only question really is given what Steve has ploughed in SHOULD we be more than a fairly solid (hasn’t felt that way recently though!!) Championship club or should we have had at least one go in the Premiership by now?

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, awbb said:

Because, like Boro, Barnsley, PNE, Millwall, Coventry, Peterborough, QPR (now) and several others we play by the rules rather than disregarding them for instant gratification. Even clubs like Swansea and Stoke are facing up to life without PPs and cutting their cloth accordingly.

As long as people like Morris try to game the system the EFL needs to clamp down hard otherwise what`s the point?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 1
  • Robin 1

13 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

It’s not about crowing. The fact is our Sugar Daddy plays by the rules hence the position Nige finds himself in……..he is trying to build a team with limited funds, Reading, Derby and others have Sugar Daddies who said **** the rules and are now paying the price.

Exactly!!

8 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Because, like Boro, Barnsley, PNE, Millwall, Coventry, Peterborough, QPR (now) and several others we play by the rules rather than disregarding them for instant gratification. Even clubs like Swansea and Stoke are facing up to life without PPs and cutting their cloth accordingly.

As long as people like Morris try to game the system the EFL needs to clamp down hard otherwise what`s the point?

All credit to QPR as well they were a proper mess and to not only remain a championship club but a competitive one now they've done amazing.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, 1960maaan said:

Didn't they go a little mad with signings and wages recently ? I think it was mentioned on here it looked like they were "going for it".

It's now that can all shout... and that's why Steve doesn't just go for it.
Found this on Twitter too. 

1250910658_Screenshot2021-09-21at15_18_05.png.53eaa9addadf01ddc13ef75a044be6e5.png 

226% of income? Jeez. People wonder why they are losing money?

I know we are propped up by Steve but how would we compare to that? It's amazing that they haven't been stopped until now. 

You would have thought jumping from 76% to 197% would have set alarm belles ringing at the EFL? Utterly shambolic.

8 minutes ago, BetterRedThanBlue said:

All credit to QPR as well they were a proper mess and to not only remain a championship club but a competitive one now they've done amazing.

Didn't they have a whopping great fine a few years ago when they were promoted to the Prem? Whatever happened with that.

Good side are QPR BTW.

9 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

226% of income? Jeez. People wonder why they are losing money?

I know we are propped up by Steve but how would we compare to that? It's amazing that they haven't been stopped until now. 

You would have thought jumping from 76% to 197% would have set alarm belles ringing at the EFL? Utterly shambolic.

From Swiss Ramble at the end of last season. 123% apparently - see the centre of the image. You can see that's a pretty average figure as it ranked 13th in the division. Could be slightly less now though after letting so many go in the summer...maybe. We're likely to be over 100% regardless.

Edited by ExiledAjax
  • Thanks 1

Just now, ExiledAjax said:

From Swiss Ramble at the end of last season. 123% apparently - see the centre of the image. Could be slightly less now though after letting so many go in the summer...maybe. 

Thanks Exiled. That's too high in itself, even with SL covering the losses. What other business can budget to spend more than their potential income? I can't think of any.

226% FFS!