IGNORED

Anyone on a better unbeaten streak than me?

Robin101

When watching away games together, my friend and I have never seen Bristol City lose. If only one of us travels, we've both seen us lose.

I thought it was a good record, but finally counted it up after Saturday's win at QPR and stretching back to 2014 we've watched 12 away matches together, and not lost a single one.

Alright, I'm sure others are going away much more regularly, but can anyone beat our streak? It's WWWDWWWWDWWD for the record! ?

My first away 'run' as a youngster was far more typical although a tad more glamourous. It was 1.

Arsenal away (1976) and the next away game I went to was Man City away and we lost 2-1 I think. I know Dennis Tueart scored for the Manc's, I thought he was cool as a little 'un.

I dread to think how many away games those of my vintage have been to in the intervening years, must be in the high hundreds for some.

1 hour ago, Robin101 said:

When watching away games together, my friend and I have never seen Bristol City lose. If only one of us travels, we've both seen us lose.

I thought it was a good record, but finally counted it up after Saturday's win at QPR and stretching back to 2014 we've watched 12 away matches together, and not lost a single one.

Alright, I'm sure others are going away much more regularly, but can anyone beat our streak? It's WWWDWWWWDWWD for the record! ?

Please start supporting the away team when you go to Ashton Gate.Sit in the Atyeo with your mate and cheer for whoever City are playing. Who knows?You might bring us a home win!

32 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

My first away 'run' as a youngster was far more typical although a tad more glamourous. It was 1.

Arsenal away (1976) and the next away game I went to was Man City away and we lost 2-1 I think. I know Dennis Tueart scored for the Manc's, I thought he was cool as a little 'un.

I dread to think how many away games those of my vintage have been to in the intervening years, must be in the high hundreds for some.

I watched a few games in Div 1, few more in Div 2 in fact the worse we got the more I went ?

First was Derby, lost 2-0. The years after that included a hell of a lot of defeats, but great times.

6 minutes ago, 22A said:

When living abroad, I came home just once or twice a year and took in  a City game if poss. As a result I went four years between seeing City defeats!

For the same reason I currently have to look back to our away trip to Millwall on 7 April 2018 for my last live loss.

It wasn't 100%, but my first 9 live City games, home and away, were without a loss.

4 hours ago, Robin101 said:

I guess you would like us all to sponsor you both to keep the run going???  ???

Season ticket holder but friend had wedding on opening day, then couldn’t attend Luton due to having the little one. Was at Swansea (0-1) and Preston (0-0). Did villa (0-3) pre season. 

just before lockdown we could only attend the Fulham game for about 65 mins due to being on a flight so heard the goal from the car park (so 0-0 when we left) …. Was at West Brom (0-3). Couldn’t attend derby…. But went to Birmingham before that when we did score but in the first minute… so currently on a run of 514 minutes (excluding injury time) without seeing city score at Ashton gate! 

So I am on an impressive run of sorts…. Now fingers crossed to put 4 past Fulham! 

6 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

That game as I recall, was the beginning of the end for Drysdale, as a young Peter Barnes tore him a new'un  (didn't Keith Fear score? )

15 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

Yes 2-1. Peter Barnes was awesome for them. I still remember the roar of the home crowd every time he got the ball. Me and my mate missed Keith Fears late goal as we tried to head to the train station early, unfortunately we encountered a large mob of Home fans outside the main stand. We were just about to pay dearly for leaving early when a middle aged Man City fan walking by said words to the effect of "leave them alone they're with me" I've never left a game early since.

I have never seen us lose in Coventry at either of their stadiums. Southampton the same. I have never seen us lose at the City Ground Nottingham, but I have never seen us win in Brighton at either the Goldstone Ground or the school sports field they used to play at, or at Molineux. 

On 21/09/2021 at 16:37, Robin101 said:

I went 42 away games without seeing us win. Ended versus Shrewsbury in Cotts first season when we won 3-2. Not sure I've been again since :D 

20 hours ago, ralphindevon said:

Now I reckon I’ve seen as many away as at home, including 3 on the trott this season……..and none at home

Stick with it. 1972 -73 City won eight away games before the first home win, (1-0 v Sunderland) in November.

Archived