IGNORED

This must make us unique?

GrahamC

All our scorers in League games so far are aged over 30.

Weimann (30), Martin (32), King (32), Baker (30) & Wells (31).

It isn’t as if we are a team of veterans either, Atkinson, HNM, Pring, Vyner & Scott have all started the majority of games & the likes of Semenyo & Dasilva have both featured too.

Can’t believe that any other side shares this stat.

7 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

It isn’t as if we are a team of veterans either, Atkinson, HNM, Pring, Vyner & Scott have all started the majority of games & the likes of Semenyo & Dasilva have both featured too.

Better start Danny Simpson on Saturday!

5 minutes ago, The Original OTIB said:

Who is the oldest and who the youngest to have scored for us then (ever)?

Was just about to say the same. I'm 47 now so could bring my boots, I'm maybe to young for Joey Barton but I'd miss from a yard out on purpose and sign the £2k a week, 5 year contract, only to find out I've got a 5 year growing toe nail.

53 minutes ago, Dolman_Stand said:

Lita and Wilbraham

Nyrere Kelly scored at 16, so him or Marvin Brown.

Absolutely no idea who would have been the oldest, cannot recall a Cooper goal in his second spell, Wilbraham scored his last for us at 37.

11 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Would love to see Massengo break this on saturday

8 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

At Hereford, wasn't it ?

On reflection I remember a game when a cross of his missed everyone & drifted in at the far post.

Just cheated & looked it up, it was in a 3-0 win over Halifax in ‘83, so Coops was 38 then, older than Wilbraham when he scored his last (at Newcastle).

19 hours ago, GrahamC said:

I feel old. Believe I joined OTIB the first time when I was about 16... Everyone you've listed is younger than me. 

1 hour ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

I think Joe was the oldest to kick an opposition keeper in the head for us, but @GrahamC might be able to confirm or correct this ....

Very little doubt there, will never forget the League Cup semi final when he kicked Steve Sutton, not sure the ball was still in the Forest half, let alone in his hands.

Pretty sure Joe’s last ever goal for us was an absolute cracker in a 1-0 home win over Gillingham when he was under some pressure after an awful run of home defeats, certainly the best goal I saw him score for us.

On 21/09/2021 at 18:52, GrahamC said:

And Joey Barton reckons you don't win anything (in the first half anyway) with kids Graham!

Archived