IGNORED

My all day breakfast at this hot spot surprised me

redsontour

3 hours ago, redsontour said:

Ok, I despise what the Post has become, absolutely shocking crapfest, however, GMAC does a good job (shock, horror, disagree) but, this article is absolutely brilliantly written, where has James Piercey come from? 

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/bristol-city-player-showing-exactly-5949423

Hi James, welcome to OTIB ???

James is the Sports Editor, been around a while.  He used to host my “what can I expect” articles on Bristol Live. Good chap.

2 minutes ago, redsontour said:

Asda, In Southport, and I was surprised that I could only get it til 11:00pm…

It's pretty well known that McDonalds finish serving breakfast at 11am, but I had never thought about when they start serving it until I tried order some Egg McMuffins at 4.45 in the morning at Gatwick Airport. I was just told it was too early for breakfast....... ******* fascists! :) 

16 minutes ago, brady bunch said:

brilliant article, cannot disagree with anything and very well written. I like Gmac, and he is good on the pods etc, but the guy writing this is on a whole different level in terms of thoughtful well written articles.

Yep, he’s very good, even though he’s a Pompey fan..

3 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

It's pretty well known that McDonalds finish serving breakfast at 11am, but I had never thought about when they start serving it until I tried order some Egg McMuffins at 4.45 in the morning at Gatwick Airport. I was just told it was too early for breakfast....... ******* fascists! :) 

Well, I suppose sometime has to be too early for breakfast otherwise it would be served 24 hours a day. Although if I was the server in McDonalds I would've told you it was too late for breakfast and given you an ultimatum: burger or sling your hook. I used to work in McDonalds and the amount of abuse the staff get is incredible. I used to take great pleasure in taking "customers" down a peg or two and that's exactly what I would've done if someone came asking for breakfast in the middle of the night. You'll get what you're given.

25 minutes ago, The dastardly red said:

Well, I suppose sometime has to be too early for breakfast otherwise it would be served 24 hours a day. Although if I was the server in McDonalds I would've told you it was too late for breakfast and given you an ultimatum: burger or sling your hook. I used to work in McDonalds and the amount of abuse the staff get is incredible. I used to take great pleasure in taking "customers" down a peg or two and that's exactly what I would've done if someone came asking for breakfast in the middle of the night. You'll get what you're given.

Breakfast is the meal at the start of the day, particularly at an airport, that could be almost anytime right? My point was, I have never seen a start time for their breakfasts only finish time.

4 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

Breakfast is the meal at the start of the day, particularly at an airport, that could be almost anytime right? My point was, I have never seen a start time for their breakfasts only finish time.

On the McDonalds  website it’s either when they open, or for those open 24hrs 5am, so you should only have needed to have waited 15mins (or a coffee) for your Breakfast.

On 22/09/2021 at 07:32, The Bard said:

Could you do an article about Bristol having hard water please?  

Or the fact that Bristol has 2 vowels in it. 

Or it's quite hilly?

Not used to reading something even vaguely thoughtful.

A former friend did a conference in Bristol a while back, never having been there before. He moaned at me after that I hadn't warned him it was hilly.

I was like...seriously? You didn't KNOW?

Archived