IGNORED

season 2022/23 will start a week earlier

Never to the dark side

2 hours ago, Never to the dark side said:

than normal due to world cup

Premier league plans to stop playing from 12 november till 26 december

Not sure how will I cope next season when I won't be able travel to any Bristol City  games for seven weeks

Will the championship stop as well? Its not as if clubs will have their whole squad unavailable.

17 minutes ago, stoke giiford red said:

Will the championship stop as well? Its not as if clubs will have their whole squad unavailable.

That’s the rumour, for 7 weeks from something like 12th Nov to Boxing Day.  Lg1/2 would continue as normal.

1 minute ago, xerox6060 said:

Proposals for the championship were to play 21 league games between late July and 20th November, with the league then resuming on December 10th (World Cup QF stage).

You might have heard more up to date stuff than me.

2 hours ago, Never to the dark side said:

than normal due to world cup

Premier league plans to stop playing from 12 november till 26 december

Not sure how will I cope next season when I won't be able travel to any Bristol City  games for seven weeks

Well you managed a year?!

8 hours ago, stoke giiford red said:

You would think most championship clubs would lose 3-4 players at a max, and most likely play for  the lesser countries who wlil get knocked out after 2 weeks

I cant see why it can't continue and maybe have larger squads etc

We had players in the Euro's longer then Real Madrid did! 

Remember the original Qatar bid that proposed playing the tournament during the usual summer months? The proposal was to overcome the excessive temperature of 40 degrees plus by having air conditioned stadiums, including the pitches! It was obvious this would never work, yet the Qatar bid was successful.  I wonder why 

Archived