IGNORED

Robins TV. What to do when its not working

REDOXO

https://robinstv.bcfc.co.uk/faq/

After much Gnashing of teeth and cries for help over an extended period, multiple threads and matchday moans etc Jerry has given the clubs definitive answer to what to do when the TV and audio don't work on his Ask The SLO section.

Contact these people as soon as a problem is noticed (BELOW). For those asking for refunds they will only been given if these people are contacted and there is a record. Its no use contacting anyone at BCFC as they will never get back to you and refer you to Them eventually (after years of groans)....HOWEVER this is just for the App! I'm not completely sure what that means if you don't use the App. But I do almost always so I will leave it to others to ask those questions.

However this inbox should be monitored on matchday is what I am advised!

The full FAQ's as above. I'm not sure if the mods feel this is worthy of pinning at least for a while I will leave this to @Dollymarie @phantom but it might really help everybody. (if you wish to alter my comments I am fine with it, just trying to help)

supporterservices@bristol-sport.co.uk

I gave up, the barstewards ignored emails sent during the matches when I had switched to listening to BBC bristol. Out of pocket by £30!

in future - if the need arises- I feel it’s justified to search for streams - I am out of pocket due to amateurs that were unable to cope with the settings needed to produce a reliable stream - IPV settings were the problem and not my 200 Mbps connection!

there is a worldwide problem looming with connectivity as the old system is unable to cope with the billions of users simultaneously connected to the www. To correct this there is a new protocol in use providing billions more connections - StreamAMG has failed to address these changes and failed its customers- but what do I know, my opinion could be wrong as it was probably wrong when I helped commission the machines that etched the circuits in the first Pentium CPU’s - gallium arsenide process for those who may wish to know!

COYR

• Like 1

2 hours ago, REDOXO said:

https://robinstv.bcfc.co.uk/faq/

After much Gnashing of teeth and cries for help over an extended period, multiple threads and matchday moans etc Jerry has given the clubs definitive answer to what to do when the TV and audio don't work on his Ask The SLO section.

Contact these people as soon as a problem is noticed (BELOW). For those asking for refunds they will only been given if these people are contacted and there is a record. Its no use contacting anyone at BCFC as they will never get back to you and refer you to Them eventually (after years of groans)....HOWEVER this is just for the App! I'm not completely sure what that means if you don't use the App. But I do almost always so I will leave it to others to ask those questions.

However this inbox should be monitored on matchday is what I am advised!

The full FAQ's as above. I'm not sure if the mods feel this is worthy of pinning at least for a while I will leave this to @Dollymarie @phantom but it might really help everybody. (if you wish to alter my comments I am fine with it, just trying to help)

supporterservices@bristol-sport.co.uk

This is not, I repeat not the address (supporterservices@bristol-sport.co.uk)! 

Thanks Redoxo for making the same blunder that I did. I'm not the only one!

I am still awaiting a response from this address.

The FAQ is ambiguous. Having reread it,  the address for technical issues during the match is as follows from the FAQs

bristolcitysupport@streamamg.com

but you have to scroll a long way past the supporterservices@ answer!

It also says you'll only get a refund if you report it to "customer service". Which one is that? Not one of the two addresses has customer service in the title. See below screenshot for confirmation.

Jerry, if you are reading this, recognise how ambiguous the FAQs are and not only have the courtesy to respond to my PM but sort out our refunds.

Screenshot_20210923-234328_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210923-234337_Chrome.jpg

Edited by Norn Iron
More info

48 minutes ago, Norn Iron said:

This is not, I repeat not the address (supporterservices@bristol-sport.co.uk)! 

Thanks Redoxo for making the same blunder that I did. I'm not the only one!

I am still awaiting a response from this address.

The FAQ is ambiguous. Having reread it,  the address for technical issues during the match is as follows from the FAQs

bristolcitysupport@streamamg.com

but you have to scroll a long way past the supporterservices@ answer!

It also says you'll only get a refund if you report it to "customer service". Which one is that? Not one of the two addresses has customer service in the title. See below screenshot for confirmation.

Jerry, if you are reading this, recognise how ambiguous the FAQs are and not only have the courtesy to respond to my PM but sort out our refunds.

Screenshot_20210923-234328_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210923-234337_Chrome.jpg

Thank you @Norn Iron that’s good of you. The only thing I can say at this point is WTF!!  

It says right on it for any issues for the App only contact XXxxxx and I was referred specifically by Jerry to the FAQs. 

I would again ask that the mods if they would allow a pinned string regarding bctv as there service is just ridiculously poor. And missing the match particularly because of audio faults has been endemic for years!

Also can this be bought up at the next supporters trust meeting with the club. 

Edited by REDOXO
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 23/09/2021 at 23:50, DaveF said:

In their defence I've been using it from the beginning and I've had major issues once or twice.

I use Chrome and it's usually a case of logging out and back in again or having a bit of patience with refreshing.

Its got a lot better the last couple of years.

I have had issues about 30% of the time with the TV service and, bar the odd occasion where I have caved in due to nothing else being available (rare), have given up on it. 

Sometimes it is very good, other times its crap with not a lot of chance of getting the money back (given up on that too). Nothing wrong with my set up at all.

Only used the audio "service" once and it simply cut out with about 15 minutes of the match left as if someone had just switched it off. Couldn't be arsed to chase them for £2.50, just won't use it again.

I have the option of watching the game on RobinsTV today as I'm in Lanzarote for a couple of weeks, but I'm not sure about the service at all, so it may be a stream from somewhere or Soccer Saturday in a bar with a cold pint. 

StreamAMG were 100% useless when I had an issue, and will no doubt continue to automatically send boilerplate generic support emails in response to anything sent to the support address. I guess the best option is to use a credit card if you can and make a chargeback if things don't work. You can then use the email you sent to the support address as evidence to the credit card company if the chargeback gets challenged.

This will only help for one-off purchases.

1 hour ago, Sleepy1968 said:

StreamAMG were 100% useless when I had an issue, and will no doubt continue to automatically send boilerplate generic support emails in response to anything sent to the support address. I guess the best option is to use a credit card if you can and make a chargeback if things don't work. You can then use the email you sent to the support address as evidence to the credit card company if the chargeback gets challenged.

This will only help for one-off purchases.

What an excellent idea. Of course a massive pain in the arse, but as no one at the club seems to care about the quality of the service despite numerous complaints and have consequently pushed everything back to the service managers I think it could be called for!

2 hours ago, iamalagerdrinker said:

Don't suppose anyone is getting the error saying user not logged in? I would contact the email but i'm using it via VPN and i'm not sure where they stand on that

I got this loads during the last game. Spent most of the 2nd half trying to fix it by logging in and out. Has put me off paying again. Anyone got any tips for when this happens? 

4 hours ago, iamalagerdrinker said:

Don't suppose anyone is getting the error saying user not logged in? I would contact the email but i'm using it via VPN and i'm not sure where they stand on that

I've had this the last 2 games on the laptop but worked on the phone.  I changed my tobins tv password today on the phone and is now fine somehow on  the laptop again.

Edited by AirlieBeachRed

On 25/09/2021 at 11:35, iamalagerdrinker said:

Get this every time I login and I dont use a VPN, just log in again, annoyingly after being told to wait after logging in too soon (or alike)

On 24/09/2021 at 00:33, REDOXO said:

Thank you @Norn Iron that’s good of you. The only thing I can say at this point is WTF!!  

It says right on it for any issues for the App only contact XXxxxx and I was referred specifically by Jerry to the FAQs. 

I would again ask that the mods if they would allow a pinned string regarding bctv as there service is just ridiculously poor. And missing the match particularly because of audio faults has been endemic for years!

Also can this be bought up at the next supporters trust meeting with the club. 

All of this

Asked for refund told no its in T&C's subsequent polite communication not replied to

Apple App is a joke, if I use any and I mean any app, Whats app, txt message, anything, the feed goes into a stutter, have to shut the app and log in again

Given up, cancelled subscription, will use match day thread/Twitter and Jeff Stelling,

EFL launched a campaign last year on the harm illegal streaming does to your club, not surprising its being used when it offers a better service than the one you can pay for, 

• Like 1

No guarantees this will work, but I primarily use IPad Pro to watch Robinstv using the iOS app. It is far more reliable than using chrome or safari on MacBook Pro for me.

I’ve found that when it does freeze that I am best closing the app fully, by a little swipe to bring up a tiled view of all open apps, then swipe the Robinstv app up to close.  The. Re-open and it works.

On Mac I would force quit browser and start again.

Refreshing doesn’t seem to work.

I have a funny feeling they do some authentication check about every 15 mins because if it does crash / freeze it tends to be 15 mins or 30 mins in.

On 27/09/2021 at 19:17, Davefevs said:

No guarantees this will work, but I primarily use IPad Pro to watch Robinstv using the iOS app. It is far more reliable than using chrome or safari on MacBook Pro for me.

I’ve found that when it does freeze that I am best closing the app fully, by a little swipe to bring up a tiled view of all open apps, then swipe the Robinstv app up to close.  The. Re-open and it works.

On Mac I would force quit browser and start again.

Refreshing doesn’t seem to work.

I have a funny feeling they do some authentication check about every 15 mins because if it does crash / freeze it tends to be 15 mins or 30 mins in.

You would have thought some sort of software could pick up on freezes/crashes and raise an alarm.

21st century, age of streaming  yet half the match not broadcast seems crazy, 

For those who have chased refunds/emails, I had mine today, took 8 days to reply

I’m another user is logged out sufferer.

Ive changed my password, tried different browsers but it’s all I get. 

I’m going to email every one of those email addresses as the FAQ was written by a complete idiot. It couldn’t be less clear if they tried. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Glad there's a Robins TV thread.

Slightly off topic but I ordered Millwall v City on Robins TV Video the other day, but might be out tonight- will it still be watchable tomorrow e.g. or is it literally you watch it then and then only?

Pretty sure - live only.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Thanks- ah well, some you win...

There used to be IIRC full game replays, a few years back- dunno why that ended but some clubs still do it.

Yeh it's live only. 

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Allegedly takes too long to upload it ??‍♂️??‍♂️??‍♂️

And I doubt they get the number of viewers required to make it worth it.

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Allegedly takes too long to upload it ??‍♂️??‍♂️??‍♂️

Ridiculous isn't it.

I subscribe to the MLB (baseball) app. There's up to 15 games every day, from April until the end of September. Each and every one of which is available to watch live, as well as being able to start watching from the beginning at any point during the game, and the full game is available to watch within minutes of finishing.

Yes, our budget is rather smaller, but only 1 or 2 games a week compared to 100+ it should certainly be doable...

• Like 1

Have just worked out that I have been seeing user is not logged in since my subscription renewed last week. 

That appears to be the cause as it’s the only thing that’s changes. 

Hoping the support team can sort me out before I miss another game. 

1 minute ago, Herta said:

Have just worked out that I have been seeing user is not logged in since my subscription renewed last week. 

That appears to be the cause as it’s the only thing that’s changes. 

Hoping the support team can sort me out before I miss another game. 

I've got that as well for the first time today, if you hear any fix would be appreciated