IGNORED

why is our BBC calling big john A-tao

Never to the dark side

13 minutes ago, Son of Fred said:

Not sure the licence fee includes 'correct spelling of names..

That's extra 

John isn't complaining about the spelling, it's that someone is/was mispronouncing it.

He must have been apoplectic when Mick Channon was calling Lineker "line acre". ;)

2 hours ago, Nomad said:

Only one 't'.

Since when could you use a single letter at the end of one syllable and the start of the next?

Since words like accept, abbreviate, illegitimate, occidental, unnerve etc were thought of?

i should get out more but my pedantometer has been running away with itself. ?

Edited by Richard Head
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Richard Head said:

Since words like accept, abbreviate, illegitimate, occidental, unnerve etc were thought of?

i should get out more but my pedantometer has been running away with itself. ?

Read my post. There are two c's in accept, two b's in abbreviate etc. Only one 't' in Atyeo which @Robboredwants to use in both syllables.

7 hours ago, harrys said:

Don’t know why you’re always having a pop at the BBC, fantastic value for money at less than 50p a day despite all the negativity and hatred from Tory politicians and the Sun, Mail, Express etc

Bullseye harrys - well said. 

People continually pump hundreds of pounds a month into their SKY/Virgin TV packages, never pausing to consider the value for money that they're getting for those services - which include hours and hours of adverts and promotions of the services that they've already bought into!.

There's good political reason for going after the BBC, and that reason is entirely about the quality of it's output, which over the years has been a thorn in the side of many a politician or public figure - as well of course as being the source of great quality programming in drama, comedy and film.

The "bias"of the BBC has long been a target of the right, in particular - although not exclusively. It's an easy target - just ask political thinkers like Alex Bellfield and Jim Davidson, both of whom regularly complain about the BBC's inadequacies - and enjoy some populist support in doing so. 

Please let's put an end to the promotion of "dumbing down" and instead celebrate the virtues of debate and thoughtful insight. 

• Like 3