IGNORED

Watching the game with a pint.

Bristol Rob

2 hours ago, KegCity said:

Ultimately, if you can drink in the stands at Rugby, Cricket and other sports then you should be able to at football. Yet another example of the harsh treatment football fans get from authorities in general.

Harsh treatment?

It was the drunken behaviour of football fans that led to the ban. 

And we are all still feeling the consequences of that now.

42 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Harsh treatment?

And will probably lead to another one within 12 months or so, if reintroduced. imo

2 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

Harsh treatment?

Times have changed though, it's no longer the 1980s, the 1990's or even say the early part of the 2000's.

Anyway ultimately not that I condone it, of course being unlawful but if someone is truly determined enough they will find a way to surreptitiously drink in view of the pitch. People are resourceful and creative when they need to be.

I'm sure I don't need to post any.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

I vote no. The two members of the Dolman Weak Bladders club who sit in front of me already get up a minimum of three times a match, usually during penalty box action. If they could drink while the match was active, they'd be popping to the loo more often than Geoff Twentyman says "Top Man" during a phone in!

• Like 1

On 24/09/2021 at 09:32, Bristol Rob said:

Good, if fans drink in moderation. Bad, if they don't and create Ashton Gates' version of "28 Days Later". 

2 hours ago, cityloyal473 said:

Drinking is a central feature of my day out at City.  But I wouldn't want to drink during the match - just wouldn't feel fight.  So it's a no from me. 

In the early 70's (OK, I know, fifty years ago), at Orient''s ground there was a bar serving straight onto the terracing behind one of the goals.

4 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

I vote no. The two members of the Dolman Weak Bladders club who sit in front of me already get up a minimum of three times a match, usually during penalty box action. If they could drink while the match was active, they'd be popping to the loo more often than Geoff Twentyman says "Top Man" during a phone in!

Are they constantly 'In the ascendancy'?

• Haha 1

On 24/09/2021 at 09:39, richwwtk said:

It would be a great idea if people could be trusted not to be arseholes

People will drink enough to be arseholes anyway. Went to the rugby with my daughter last night.  Her first visit since the Swansea nonsense caused her panic attack.