IGNORED

Unreserved no more

WolfOfWestStreet

3 minutes ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

Screenshot_20210924-171015_Outlook.jpg

Did I miss something here, when did it become, you must sit in your seat

For the season that no one turned up to.

When they said they would install the posts essentially.

No one will pay any attention to this although I'm sure they will have a go at enforcing this tomorrow.

11 minutes ago, aberdeen_craig said:

Going to be a shambles then. People ignoring it and carrying on as it’s always been and then loads of people asking others to move to follow the clubs message. They should of just left it as it was working fine as it was. Trying to enforce this is just going to cause problems. 

Correct it’s been working fine up to now, people being pretty sensible actually. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Super said:

Just sit or stand where you should. Not difficult.

The whole point of that end for as long as it’s been there, and from the Atyeo and Eastend before it, has been that you should sit anywhere. Only now have the club decided to get funny about it. As someone who renewed a previously “unreserved” season ticket, and was given a random seat, or should I say “standing space”, there’s not a chance I won’t be standing with my mates tomorrow.

It wasn’t broke so don’t fix it.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Aaron-Bcfc said:

The whole point of that end for as long as it’s been there, and from the Atyeo and Eastend before it, has been that you should sit anywhere. Only now have the club decided to get funny about it. As someone who renewed a previously “unreserved” season ticket, and was given a random seat, or should I say “standing space”, there’s not a chance I won’t be standing with my mates tomorrow.

It wasn’t broke so don’t fix it.

Sure fire way to kick off tomorrow if the stewards try and enforce it. 

12 minutes ago, Super said:

Just sit or stand where you should. Not difficult.

Well I get that but there are groups/friends/family im sure who for many years had enjoyed the game together. 

I don't remember there being an option to move my seat next to my pals. I don't even know where my "seat" is. 

I imagine if people are away from those relationships they might not bother going which would be an own goal from the club imo.

1 minute ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

In defence of some of the stewards in that area, they have been working there a long time and know a lot of us by name. It's great to have that familiarity, they ask how you are, friendly and don't check our tickets because there is no need. 

Yeah seemed to be different stewards at the last game - one of them was more like a bouncer.

They are usually good.

15 minutes ago, Quedgeley Exile said:

When it was unreserved it had to be 10% reduction in capacity in that area. . So they made it reserved seating to allow more people in that area 

This is correct.

33 minutes ago, bris red said:

I still think that area needs to be expanded along the south stand, 3 blocks is nowhere near big enough for the demand IMO

Wonder how long it will take to get approval from SAGs etc? Maybe the club are at their upper allowable limit in this regard for the moment.

59 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

The club have probably been told by some safety people that they have to issue a statement like this but I doubt it will be enforced. It`s more about covering themselves in the event of an accident.

Box ticking exercise probably.

45 minutes ago, bris red said:

I still think that area needs to be expanded along the south stand, 3 blocks is nowhere near big enough for the demand IMO

Not again. Every time this gets mentioned the same problems of sight lines for those sitting, and moving people who do not want to stand, have to be repeated. 

• Confused 2

33 minutes ago, Pezo said:

They must be able to tell from the amount of people requesting to go in there at ST renewal.

But what do you do with the current season ticket holders in those blocks, who have no desire to stand for the whole match, and like having the same seat each game? You can't just turf them out of their seats.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

Not again. Every time this gets mentioned the same problems of sight lines for those sitting, and moving people who do not want to stand, have to be repeated. 

You say ‘’not again’’ but something needs to be done. AG is like a library most home games, its painfully clear having the singing ‘’section’’ shoved in a corner does nothing for the atmosphere.

Having singers spread across the back of the SS would be the ideal solution. The back 4 or 5 rows would be sufficient IMO. Okay some season ticket holders may have to be moved but if it is for the greater good of the overall atmosphere improving then so be it. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, asfred said:

But what do you do with the current season ticket holders in those blocks, who have no desire to stand for the whole match, and like having the same seat each game? You can't just turf them out of their seats.

You can. They have done it to singing sections ove the years.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 1