IGNORED

Unreserved no more

WolfOfWestStreet

45 minutes ago, bris red said:

You say ‘’not again’’ but something needs to be done. AG is like a library most home games, its painfully clear having the singing ‘’section’’ shoved in a corner does nothing for the atmosphere.

Having singers spread across the back of the SS would be the ideal solution. The back 4 or 5 rows would be sufficient IMO. Okay some season ticket holders may have to be moved but if it is for the greater good of the overall atmosphere improving then so be it. 

Wouldn't spreading the singers across the back 5 rows kill the little atmosphere there is, wouldn't that make it like it used to be at Wolves away where famously pretty much no one could ever get an atmosphere going in the bottom tier because it was so few rows.

1 hour ago, asfred said:

But what do you do with the current season ticket holders in those blocks, who have no desire to stand for the whole match, and like having the same seat each game? You can't just turf them out of their seats.

The club did exactly this to long standing ST holders years ago in the old Williams Stand in order to install the posh seats for the more 'favoured' supporter.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, sticks 1969 said:

Front rows for sitting back rows for standing ?

2 hours ago, bris red said:

You say ‘’not again’’ but something needs to be done. AG is like a library most home games, its painfully clear having the singing ‘’section’’ shoved in a corner does nothing for the atmosphere.

Having singers spread across the back of the SS would be the ideal solution. The back 4 or 5 rows would be sufficient IMO. Okay some season ticket holders may have to be moved but if it is for the greater good of the overall atmosphere improving then so be it. 

A few people have mentioned that, in the past, season ticket holders  have been moved against their will, so it’s therefore ok to move people to increase standing. Unfortunately, two wrongs don’t make a right. Apart from the fact that some people won’t want to move another problem is, where would they go? A lot of people sit with groups of fiends. Finding spare, similar size, groups of seats in the south stand could be very difficult. Would splitting them up “for the greater good” be acceptable? 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

A few people have mentioned that, in the past, season ticket holders  have been moved against their will, so it’s therefore ok to move people to increase standing. Unfortunately, two wrongs don’t make a right. Apart from the fact that some people won’t want to move another problem is, where would they go? A lot of people sit with groups of fiends. Finding spare, similar size, groups of seats in the south stand could be very difficult. Would splitting them up “for the greater good” be acceptable? 

Plenty of empty seats in the lansdown with a better view than the south stand.

10 minutes ago, Wiltshire robin said:

Plenty of empty seats in the lansdown with a better view than the south stand.

Price then becomes a problem though. 

I say this as someone who thinks as many seats/spaces as possible should be devoted towards a proper standing end. 

Edited by Rebounder

2 hours ago, Red Shadow said:

The club did exactly this to long standing ST holders years ago in the old Williams Stand in order to install the posh seats for the more 'favoured' supporter.

It won’t happen again I’m 100% sure. Would need to displace far too many people to make it worthwhile. The club ballsed up royally IMO in the placing of sections of supporters in the new stadium in placing our traditionally vocal block of fans at the other end of the ground from the away fans,  and also in making the section for said vocal fans far far too small.  But it’s too late to go back now unfortunately and it would piss too many people off to change it. Not happening.  

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Rebounder said:

Price then becomes a problem though. 

I say this as someone who thinks as many seats/spaces as possible should be devoted towards a proper standing end. 

You’re right mate 

prices in the lansdown are disgusting and with a lot of working class areas near Ashton gate the club should be encouraging people in the area to come instead of pricing them out . 

The way I see it is more people in the stadium the more the club will make of refreshments and other things such as the club shop. 

3 minutes ago, The Horse With No Name said:

I,ll happily relocate to the Lower Lansdown , for the same price.

And as long as it continues to be that price for as long as you continue with your season ticket then maybe I would as well -  as long as everyone I go with could also be accommodated (unlikely anyway). But the club would never do it.  It’s a non starter.  

40 minutes ago, The Horse With No Name said:

I,ll happily relocate to the Lower Lansdown , for the same price.

??

The club are under no obligation to do that and we all know wouldn't, people do seem to get attached to "their seat" - it's not their seat it's the clubs seat they just rent for a combined roughly 46 hours a year.

You might as well be saying I would happily relocate to the directors box for half the price of my current season ticket because you have about as much chance of getting what you want ?.

1 hour ago, View from the Dolman said:

The club did say in April that this area of the stadium would no longer operate on an unreserved basis so it's not exactly a surprise revelation. 

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/price-freeze-202122-season-cards/

They said it when renewing STs for 20/21 we just didn't get the opportunity to have it enforced upon us.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Red Shadow said:

And us in the Atyeo when they had away supporters on the left hand side. (looking from the pitch).

As others have pointed out, the club just need to periodically demonstrate that they are making an effort.

In the 4 seasons it’s been like this there have never been any large issues and (quelle surprise) fans have just sorted it themselves.

Long may it continue.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, lenred said:

It won’t happen again I’m 100% sure. Would need to displace far too many people to make it worthwhile. The club ballsed up royally IMO in the placing of sections of supporters in the new stadium in placing our traditionally vocal block of fans at the other end of the ground from the away fans,  and also in making the section for said vocal fans far far too small.  But it’s too late to go back now unfortunately and it would piss too many people off to change it. Not happening.  

Yep. I've said this over and over again so apologies for repeating myself once more! It's also mad that we've given the away fans an entire end behind the goal completely uncontested. It's the sort of marginal gain that a serious club would think about.

I've always thought put home fans in the Atyeo, make it the home "end" - view to renovate it and make it a proper home end ala the old South Bank at Wolves.

Southbank in FULL VOICE! - YouTube

Shove away fans in the adjacent corner of Dolman or Lansdown. Would've been easy enough to build in some sort of partition or wall when redesigning AG. As you say, far too late now. Sadly I can't ever see AG being a genuinely noisy ground without a bit of needle and interaction between the home and away support. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, View from the Dolman said:

The club did say in April that this area of the stadium would no longer operate on an unreserved basis so it's not exactly a surprise revelation. 

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/price-freeze-202122-season-cards/

Fair enough I didn't read this so my fault 

Having moved to the corner this season I think it's an excellent atmosphere in there and the view is much better than I expected having come from the top middle of the SS

To some that say the atmosphere isn't good enough are you sat elsewhere in the stadium? If so why not move? Go where you enjoy the match day experience the most.

You obviously can't can't have previously enjoyed the EE atmosphere and then move to the middle of the Dolman, spend your time having a nice chat with your friends and expect the same atmosphere to somehow be around you.

• Like 1