IGNORED

Fulham at home match-day thread

1 hour ago, deadredfred said:

A real test of our defence today, Atkinson in particular. Be interested to see if Wells gets a start after QPR. 

Would take a point given current home form, as long as we’re competitive and challenging. Expect Fulham to be right up there come end of season.

I wouldn't put Atkinson up against Mitrovic' today...the bloke's a hard,,tasty bugger & could well dominate him.

Kalas & Baker (if fit) in the centre.

Edited by Son of Fred
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, CyderInACan said:

I’ll forever remember Fulham (h) as the last game of our old normal. The same result today would do me just fine. COYR. 

Yeah and me- always remember how strange it felt how the players were not allowed to shake hands before that match yet fans were going wild hugging eachother when Wells scored…think that was the first time I realised that something big and very weird was happening.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Explain to me what the difference between 4-4-2 and 4-4-1-1 is?

To me they’re just the same………

4-4-2 is a template used world wide because it’s so flexible. 

It’s quite simple really….it’s trying to give the the reader the visualisation that one forward is slightly more withdrawn than the other.

442 is a template, but so is 352, 433 etc.  Those set-ups are flexible too. 442 hung around for years as the go-to set-up.  

36 minutes ago, MC RISK77 said:

Yeah and me- always remember how strange it felt how the players were not allowed to shake hands before that match yet fans were going wild hugging eachother when Wells scored…think that was the first time I realised that something big and very weird was happening.

Yeah, there was an odd vibe for sure, even the much anticipated City125 thing ended up being a shambles too. 

51 minutes ago, Leveller said:

“a couple of familiar faces in their squad”

That Mawson chap was soon forgotten then!

I wonder what reception Reid, Bryan and Mawson will get?

Reid was “always Bristol City to me” before he went to Cardiff, will he still be welcomed? 

Bryan was “one of our own” and part of the famous Man Utd beating side so should be assured a good reception. 

Mawson? Well he looked really good until injured but hardly that memorable so perhaps a muted reaction?

5 minutes ago, One Team said:

I wonder what reception Reid, Bryan and Mawson will get?

Reid was “always Bristol City to me” before he went to Cardiff, will he still be welcomed? 

Bryan was “one of our own” and part of the famous Man Utd beating side so should be assured a good reception. 

Mawson? Well he looked really good until injured but hardly that memorable so perhaps a muted reaction?

Bryan should get a good recpeption 

reids a funny one as he’s born and raised in Bristol and supports Liverpool not city , he also left to Cardiff and knowing a couple of people close to him apparently he has no love for city at all and couldn’t wait for a chance to leave 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
37 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

It’s quite simple really….it’s trying to give the the reader the visualisation that one forward is slightly more withdrawn than the other.

442 is a template, but so is 352, 433 etc.  Those set-ups are flexible too. 442 hung around for years as the go-to set-up.  

My ‘beef’ if you like is that team shapes changes all the time, in possession, out of possession, set pieces et el..

When I see the team sheet I usually see 4 defenders, 4 midfielders and two strikers and immediately see 4-4-2 and that’s often how the team sets up at the ko. 

Obviously that will change throughout any game. If Dasilva bombs forward that means the shape has changed albeit temporarily.

I really think that there’s a lot of pseudo intellectual nonsense talked about formations.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Wiltshire robin said:

reids a funny one as he’s born and raised in Bristol and supports Liverpool not city , he also left to Cardiff and knowing a couple of people close to him apparently he has no love for city at all and couldn’t wait for a chance to leave 

They played for us, did well & we got good money for both of them.

I don’t care if they were really Man U or Liverpool fans, they should get a decent reception.

As for the starting XI Nige likes to make minimal changes but Baker must be a doubt, it will be interesting to see if Tanner gets another go & although I know nothing about the HNM rumour, there might be a change in midfield anyway if King is fit again.

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, Wiltshire robin said:

The dumbfcks can boo if they like but those of us that can think for ourselves and aren't bitter and twisted will give him a clap.

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, Baba Yaga said:

Can see this one being either a 1-1 draw where we defend very well or Fulham are too strong for us and we get stuffed. On paper the toughest game of the season so far and after they lost last week they are going to be up for it.

We could end up defending very deep and not be able to get the ball out. Or NP has a cunning plan to counter attack at pace and get runners in behind their high defensive line.

I'd definately take the draw now.

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, Wiltshire robin said:

Not surprised that a Bristolian supports Liverpool but I find it to hard to believe that he has no love for City. 

Good reception for both I reckon. Before the game starts. 

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I really think that there’s a lot of pseudo intellectual nonsense talked about formations.

For once I am in complete agreement.

"Players lose you games, not tactics.

There's so much crap talked about tactics by people who barely know how to win at dominoes."

Brian Clough

"Players lose you games, not tactics. There's so much crap talked about tactics by people who barely know how to win at dominoes."

• Like 2

Opposing teams often have more possession than City. I can’t see this changing against Fulham, but this could work in our favour. If City is pushed back the defence will be compact with less gaps for Fulham to exploit. All it needs is City to be fast and clinical on the counter attack. 

2 hours ago, East End Old Boy said:

Its rumoured that Massengo may be injured, so there could be changes?

Massengo has just driven into the car park.

25 minutes ago, Newquay-Red said:

I hope they get a good reception. They were part of the best time of my life supporting City in 17/18 (well, more just 17) ; JB scored the winner against Rovers as a kid ffs, is that not enough? 

Good reception getting off the bus.

• Thanks 1