IGNORED

Fulham at home match-day thread

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

My ‘beef’ if you like is that team shapes changes all the time, in possession, out of possession, set pieces et el..

When I see the team sheet I usually see 4 defenders, 4 midfielders and two strikers and immediately see 4-4-2 and that’s often how the team sets up at the ko. 

Obviously that will change throughout any game. If Dasilva bombs forward that means the shape has changed albeit temporarily.

I really think that there’s a lot of pseudo intellectual nonsense talked about formations.

If anything the set up at k/o is skewed towards one half of the pitch ready for attacking / defending one wing. Think what you will generally observe is very dependent on whether a back 3 or back 4 system. 

19 minutes ago, IThinkThatOnesRooney said:

He actually feinted to go down Duckmoor Rd then reversed past the Fulham coach looking like he was going to do some shopping in Asda before doing a handbrake turn into his space. Good omen.

Lucky he didn't stop for petrol he'd still be there  at 5pm.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
8 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Alex Scott seems to either start a game or is out of the squad completely 

Isn’t it the last two Scott has been left out completely? I think he has been on the bench every other game.

My Impression is that Pearson doesn’t drop players often but, when players do get dropped, they go right to the bottom of the pile and have to work their way up again. Hence why Vyner has fallen behind Simpson and Scott is behind our other midfielders now.

Not saying I agree or disagree with that - just observing that that seems to be happening…

• Like 1
1 minute ago, old_eastender said:

oh dear Wells no doubt pushed out left and Weimann asked to play wider right, and no Massengo recipe for disaster. More chance of Europe mounting a come back in the Ryder Cup  than us winning with that line-up!

I like the cut of ya Gib young fellow me lad.. NOT

5 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

oh dear Wells no doubt pushed out left and Weimann asked to play wider right, and no Massengo recipe for disaster. More chance of Europe mounting a come back in the Ryder Cup  than us winning with that line-up!

I’m hoping Wells will be in the middle slightly behind Martin as NP has said he likes to play with two forwards. Weimann to do his usual non stop running on the right 

Just now, M.D said:

Thanks, just listening now

Afternoon all!   Let's hope HNM's hamstring injury is not too serious and he can be back asap. Steve Phillips is co-commentator on RB today, strange to hear from him after all this time.  Anyway, hopefully the home win we have been waiting for forever, so COYR's

6 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

Doubt it. Looks like Wells and Martin up front with Pring and Weimann wide. 

• Like 2