IGNORED

Fulham at home match-day thread

Obviously some will say "another home game without a win" but a point against Fulham is a good result. Sounds like the levels of effort and commitment were impressive today and a clear improvement on last season.

Don't mean to be a party pooper, but worth noting that we have ridden our luck quite notably in the last couple of games.

Neverthless, good point today. We're not necessarily attractive to watch, but we seem capable of grinding out results when required.

8 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Were the chances that clear cut and didn't we have a few too?

We had chances, we played a good second half and with our style of play and pressing it was normal for Fulham to get a few 1 on 1 with our Golkeaper. But 1-1 is a pretty fair result. For me important is that our team could play some football finally. I really ejoyed the last 30 minutes and I literally jumped when we scored that goal. I don't remember when I was so happy for a goal like I was this game, and this was because of that pressing football and TOTAL attacking football.

That's what I say every week. Is not only about the goals but about the game as well. If we would end up loosing 2-1 I would still have a smile on my face cause I really ejoyed the second half. 

A boring 1-0 win is prefectly fine. But..when the team is playing well I feel HAPPY not just pleased about 3 points.

Edited by Mihai
  • Like 2
1 minute ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

In other news, Ipswich equalise late on but are dumped back into the bottom four by Cotts`s lads winning at the death.

Karma.

Doubt the king of the high fives will dancing round pitch side for the Tractor Boys' fans today then?

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
3 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Kelle Roos (gk who was released after a trial here about 5 years ago) sent off for Derby and they lost to a 90th minute penalty 

:laugh:

If ever there was a perfect definition of  “it never rains, but it pours”, this week this must be it!

1 minute ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Fulham fans like QPR fans wondering how they didn't win today. Well by the sounds of it they didn't take their chances and neither did we.

I don’t think they are being entirely fair. They came out from HT, went up a gear, and scored. We came back in to it well, and got a deserved equaliser. Only then did they go up the gear again and most likely should have won it late on…but that’s 100% on them.

At QPR Bents played a blinder, and whilst I loved it it was a real smash and grab. Today, much less so. Don’t really remember Bents making any great saves at all.

It was a very enjoyable match all round..

• Like 2

Thought we did really well. The subs to get the goal back (which worked) meant we were left with a very attacking group of players (Weimann RWB), so always likely to be chances. The middle one of Mitrovic’s three had goal written all over it, the other two were half chances I thought. Never felt like the Alamo and 14 attempts is so different to last season. Williams looked good, Palmer made a big difference. Still frustratingly slow to second balls (felt Williams made a difference, but maybe confirmation bias) and too often wasteful in possession up the pitch, but very promising overall. 

4 minutes ago, cityexile said:

I don’t think they are being entirely fair. They came out from HT, went up a gear, and scored. We came back in to it well, and got a deserved equaliser. Only then did they go up the gear again and most likely should have won it late on…but that’s 100% on them.

At QPR Bents played a blinder, and whilst I loved it it was a real smash and grab. Today, much less so. Don’t really remember Bents making any great saves at all.

It was a very enjoyable match all round..

Made a great save about 90 seconds before Palmer equalised, more or less made that goal for us. If he hadn't saved that one on one, then it would have been 2 - 0 and game over, Well done Bent's

• Like 3

Not a bad game at all , we competed well against one of the better teams in the league, thought we looked like we could get a goal through out the game on the Break,

It's so nice to see a city team trying there best the whole match, points from 7 of our first 9 games is not bad at all , it's definitely improvement on last season,

• Like 1

Lets take positives from todays excellent performance we went toe to toe with one of the best teams in the league who are premiership quality. Lets cut out all this bolox about Wells and Martin arn't good enough, we didnt win at home again blah blah blah celebrate the fact we are playing exciting football and could easily have beaten a quality side today

• Like 10
  • Flames 1
  • Robin 3

I was very pleased with a draw today against a very good Fulham side who out-played us at times. Their left back looked excellent. 

We looked very open and gave them too much space to pick a pass when they had the ball.

But we battled well, the subs made a difference and we could have snatched the win.

It felt good coming away from the ground after an entertaining game. 

• Like 3