IGNORED

Fulham at home match-day thread

Considering the idiotic parachute payments that allows such an imbalance in wages ( quality ) that was one of the most committed City performances you will ever see .

as fans you have to admire how NP has turned a total shambles into a team you are proud to support .  

We are improving by the week and this season could yet surprise us all .

It was wonderful to feel a connection between the fans and the club again. 

Well done everyone , club , players and fans . We are building something wonderful. 

• Like 9

Like others I fully enjoyed that game. Mitrovic should have won for them but overall I thought a draw a fair result. Both sides went for it but there was some tremendous blocking and last ditch defending. For example, Tanner made some great challenges first half and the penalty box tackle by Antonee Robinson on Weimann was absolute class. Williams made a difference after coming on (as did Harrison Reed for them) and nice to see KC making a telling contribution. I know it's another home match without a win but 12 or 18 months ago having gone behind we'd have lost that game. 

• Like 1

I can honestly say that was the best feeling I’ve had coming out of the gate in a very long time. We looked so committed against a team better than us. Joe Williams was very good - if he stays fit and plays like that consistently alongside Matty James we will actually have a midfield. Add to that HNM, a solid defence and options up front - I feel excited for the first time in ages. COYR

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Lots to like about that performance against higher class opposition. 

NP's organisation and the players buying into his methods is begining to pay off.

More game time for the kids and though this season is probably a step too far, things bode well for next season.

However, let's not kid ourselves. We're woefully lacking in certain areas, notably upfront, but we and NP know that and he'll hopefully be in a position to do something about that once resource constraints improve.

Best of all, it was another decidedly entertaining affair, not something we've been able to say in a long time.

Edited by BTRFTG
  • Like 1
24 minutes ago, Red DNA said:

Not able to go today but hearing all the comments on the effort made today might just make a few realise just had bad it had become when accepting the ‘effort’ from the last couple of seasons?

Its what we had got used to and we almost sleep walked into relegation ?

Honestly looking at players who left everything on the pitch today, don't forget this is no quick fix but setting the foundations

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Silva is claiming that our equaliser was clearly offside.  Did anyone see that? I missed the on-screen replay because I was watching the antics of the rather rotund pitch invader.

Real time I thought it was too but haven't seen any replays other than that shown at the ground which had me conclude we were deservedly fortunate to be level.

24 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Silva is claiming that our equaliser was clearly offside.  Did anyone see that? I missed the on-screen replay because I was watching the antics of the rather rotund pitch invader.

I thought the same as @BTRFTG real time that it might be offside and didn’t watch the replay. As Geoff Boycott used to say - Look in the paper tomorrow morning and you’ll see it wasn’t offside. Did the invader get ejected in the end? Saw a couple of stewards giving half-hearted pursuit but then lost sight of him. 

21 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

Real time I thought it was too but haven't seen any replays other than that shown at the ground which had me conclude we were deservedly fortunate to be level.

To be honest, yes KP was definitely offside as Martin shot, unless of course there was a defender out of camera shot, but hey, never mind.

Screenshot_20210925_203334_com.bskyb.fbscore.jpg

Edited by The Horse With No Name

Silva says that was an easy decision. Bear in mind the lino had both Weimann and Wells blocking his view of Palmer (neither offside by the laws of the game). Yes, we got away with one there but I can fully understand how the lino missed that in the 0.2 seconds he had to see his "picture"..........not the straightforward easy decision Silva makes out compared to having the benefit of the frozen shots above.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Silva says that was an easy decision. Bear in mind the lino had both Weimann and Wells blocking his view of Palmer (neither offside by the laws of the game). Yes, we got away with one there but I can fully understand how the lino missed that in the 0.2 seconds he had to see his "picture"..........not the straightforward easy decision Silva makes out compared to having the benefit of the frozen shots above.

I totally agree but that's pretty clear cut TBH. 

Ah well, these Premiership bods don't get VAR down here so Blowing raspberries GIFs - Get the best gif on GIFER

9 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

I’m not sure you’ve have the same opinion if it was the other way. It’s a clanger of a decision 

1 hour ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Yes he may well have been but didn’t see their defenders complain much. But what a finish, that was so difficult and the keeper won’t be happy seeing that pass him.

1 hour ago, The Horse With No Name said:

To be honest, yes KP was definitely offside as Martin shot, unless of course there was a defender out of camera shot, but hey, never mind.

Screenshot_20210925_203334_com.bskyb.fbscore.jpg

Ah, not sure I saw anybody out wide playing him on but will look at the replay.

Nevertheless, quality finish as I thought he had no chance of turning it in.